Keys To Beating The 49ers?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

Re: Keys To Beating The 49ers?

In response to trouts' comment:
    [QUOTE]

You keep Brady upright, we win. Don't think it's much more complicated than that.

[/QUOTE]

True, but it is more complicated than that. Brady is going to be on his backside plenty of times in this game. Need to find ways to win despite that.

Pats D is a huge factor in this game. Need to win battle of field position, so that Pats O is gonig on 40 yard drives rather than 80 yard drives.

Lastly, if drives stall in or near the red zone, Ghost has got to put the ball through the uprights every time.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to bobbysu's comment:
    [QUOTE]

They are number 2 against the runs because they faced some pretty bad running teams. Cards, Jets, the game against Packers, they only ran it 16 times, Saints did not run much Brees passed over 50 times., Bills were behind had to Pass, and give up run. So a little misleading. Games that were tight or teams that beat them ran it.

I will add that Smith aided the Giants with 3 picks.

[/QUOTE]

We faced some of those same teams, so does that make the Patriot run D not as good as it appears?

I don't think you get to #2 for no good reason.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

I think we'll see some of the same approach on O that we've seen recently.  More passing than running early (with a lot of no huddle) with the goal of wearing the SF D down and then more running than passing late.  This providing of course the Pats have the lead.

On the D side probably the same aggressive approach they took against the Texans.  

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to RockScully's comment:
    [QUOTE]

On D:

1. Take out/contain Gore.

2. Isolate Vernon Davis (man and zones).

3. Bottle up Kapernick/use 3-4 if need be.

On O:

1. Run the ball early and often. Do not abandon it even if it appears it's not working great.

2. Do not sub the backs frequently until the run is established with either Ridley or Bolden. It's ok to sub one for the other since the skill sets are similar.

3. Take care of the ball. No INTs and no fumbles.

I think if they do this, play relatively clean, they can also overwhelm SF. I think it will be harder than Houston, but I also feel they can pull away in the second half. Quite frankly, I cannot think of why on earth any head coach would bench a quality, experienced QB who is poised to lead his team to a SB for an inexperienced rookie who is supposed to outduel a QB of Brady's caliber.

It's a major mistake that screams of ego and if that was happening in a larger sports market, it would likely be criticized MORE. I am stunned at the lack of media criticism on that one. You bench a 70+% compl rate QB who doesn't turn it over with a stellar D for an unknown rookie.

WOW

Pats 27, SF 14

[/QUOTE]

I think that the most obvious place the 49'er defense is vulnerable is speed on the edge, draw plays, screen passes. I would think this could play to both Vereen's and Woody's talents.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

screens are rarely effective unless the opposing defense is overly aggressive.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats-bilbo. Show Pats-bilbo's posts

EXECUTE......

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

We should all be interested to see if the Niners(best D in the LG) can limit this offense. They really should be able to with no Gronk and key injuries to the O-line. If they can I REALLY want to see how this team plays under adversity. i almost hope for us to be down in the 3rd qtr or a small lead to see if our guys can be "mentally tough". In that aspect this will be a true test and a playoff tune up.

Or we'll just trounce them 37-14.

My keys to the game...Contain Paperneck and limit Gore. Don't turn the ball over and spread out a tough front 7. Love to see Vareen get 5 or 6 screen passes. how about actually throwing the ball to Ridley in the flat in a 1on1 match up? Don't get Brady killed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TroyBrown80. Show TroyBrown80's posts

Oh, hey, just do what the Giants admit to doing, and intentionally target a player and give him a concussion.  Apparently "bountygate" is bad, but literally headhunting -and admitting it on national TV- is no big deal....  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to NY-PATS-FAN4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

You keep Brady upright, we win. Don't think it's much more complicated than that.

[/QUOTE]

True, but it is more complicated than that. Brady is going to be on his backside plenty of times in this game. Need to find ways to win despite that.

Pats D is a huge factor in this game. Need to win battle of field position, so that Pats O is gonig on 40 yard drives rather than 80 yard drives.

Lastly, if drives stall in or near the red zone, Ghost has got to put the ball through the uprights every time.

[/QUOTE]

Brady got knocked down quite a bit vs. Texans.  So, I'm expecting this to be true vs. 49ers too.  That's why early on, I'm thinking mixing runs, passes, play action - but any of the passing plays should consist of quick crossing routes w/ the other receivers.  It's going to make me cringe to see them go empty backfield, but they may not have a choice if they want to spread out the 49ers.  Maybe we'll see a handful of misdirection plays too; which we saw more of during the houston game

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

dont let kaepernick get comfortable in the pocket....id like to see some pressure on him early in the game to get him thinking. on offense, the o-line needs to play well like they did last week and hopefully the running game gets going so the play-action is more effective.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Defensively:  Scheme to take away their run game and keep Kaepernick in the pocket... make him beat you with his arm.

Offensively:  Do what you've been doing, protect Brady and give him time to throw, maintain offensive balance (53%/47% Run/Pass on the season), mix in some screens and play action to slow their pass rush and aggression.

Overall:  Don't turn the ball over.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to rkarp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

On D:

1. Take out/contain Gore.

2. Isolate Vernon Davis (man and zones).

3. Bottle up Kapernick/use 3-4 if need be.

On O:

1. Run the ball early and often. Do not abandon it even if it appears it's not working great.

2. Do not sub the backs frequently until the run is established with either Ridley or Bolden. It's ok to sub one for the other since the skill sets are similar.

3. Take care of the ball. No INTs and no fumbles.

I think if they do this, play relatively clean, they can also overwhelm SF. I think it will be harder than Houston, but I also feel they can pull away in the second half. Quite frankly, I cannot think of why on earth any head coach would bench a quality, experienced QB who is poised to lead his team to a SB for an inexperienced rookie who is supposed to outduel a QB of Brady's caliber.

It's a major mistake that screams of ego and if that was happening in a larger sports market, it would likely be criticized MORE. I am stunned at the lack of media criticism on that one. You bench a 70+% compl rate QB who doesn't turn it over with a stellar D for an unknown rookie.

WOW

Pats 27, SF 14

[/QUOTE]

I think that the most obvious place the 49'er defense is vulnerable is speed on the edge, draw plays, screen passes. I would think this could play to both Vereen's and Woody's talents.

[/QUOTE]

Agree.   I just don't want that stuff pulled out so early and often. I want screens to be the aftereffects of the run game, similar to playaction.

[/QUOTE]

i can't remember which team sff played when i watched them (i was probably in a sports bar had my focus on a pats game). i thought they are pretty good at defending screens. even when dropping back, the linebackers are never too far from the los and they are able to get to those screen receivers really quickly.

my impression on them is that they rely a lot on the idea that their pass rush is going to get to the QB very quickly after the snap. they are aware that the knee jerk opposition's offensive solution is to throw quick short passes. they do a good job of anticipating those. 

they should do everything on sff - run, screen draw, deep pass - unpredictability is key. imo, tb should not be too reactive to what sff d is showing. i think that d does really well when they are able to dictate what the offense does. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from xBruzer77. Show xBruzer77's posts

In response to TrueChamp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

We should all be interested to see if the Niners(best D in the LG) can limit this offense. They really should be able to with no Gronk and key injuries to the O-line. If they can I REALLY want to see how this team plays under adversity. i almost hope for us to be down in the 3rd qtr or a small lead to see if our guys can be "mentally tough". In that aspect this will be a true test and a playoff tune up.

My keys to the game...Contain Paperneck and limit Gore. Don't turn the ball over and spread out a tough front 7. Love to see Vareen get 5 or 6 screen passes. how about actually throwing the ball to Ridley in the flat in a 1on1 match up? Don't get Brady killed.

[/QUOTE]

Paperneck? Bwahahaha. Best one I have heard all week!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

In response to anonymis' comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to NY-PATS-FAN4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Brady got knocked down quite a bit vs. Texans.  So, I'm expecting this to be true vs. 49ers too.  That's why early on, I'm thinking mixing runs, passes, play action - but any of the passing plays should consist of quick crossing routes w/ the other receivers.  It's going to make me cringe to see them go empty backfield, but they may not have a choice if they want to spread out the 49ers.  Maybe we'll see a handful of misdirection plays too; which we saw more of during the houston game

[/QUOTE]The Rams beat these guys 2 weeks ago 16-13. They are hardly invincible. The way we're playing we match up well with everyone and Brady is playing super. If we come ready this one isn't even close. Patriots 30-13.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from xBruzer77. Show xBruzer77's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to xBruzer77's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to TrueChamp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Paperneck? Bwahahaha. Best one I have heard all week!

[/QUOTE]

Ironically, Chris Collinsneck will be calling the game with Al Michaels.

hehe

[/QUOTE]
    HAHa! Now he trully has a stack of dimes for a neck!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

The same way they beat the texans

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.