Keys to Brady 4th ring

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from agill1970. Show agill1970's posts

Keys to Brady 4th ring

I believe we could have done it this year.  A couple key injuries really hurt the team though, that being Gronk and Talib.  People like to say well we can win without Gronk, and that's true.  But against a very good D we need a player like Gronk when we get in the red zone who can out muscle and out jump most defenders.  As for Talib, he took our defense from end of pack to better than middle of the pack.  Last nights results after he left the game speak volumes.  Also, the momentum completely shifted last night when Pollard (or Patriots bane as he should forever be known) put Ridley in a coma.  We had a very good drive going there and the spark was back in Brady's eye, but as any football player knows one play can change everything and shift the scales, and that play most certainly did.  So I'm thinking we are so so close, but aside from crossing fingers and hope the Football Gods smile on us once again, here are some key items.

1.  We NEED a vertical threat.  Lot's thought Lloyd was going to do this, but Lloyd is really just a more dynamic and acrobatic Branch.  Great route runner and ball catcher, but not going to stretch the field.  I like Lloyd and think he's a great compliment to this team.  We need a big and fast receiver. 

2.  Sign Talib.  Talib and Denard are great together.  We should probably look for some depth though to help support them.  As once you get past those two you have nothing to speak of. 

3.  Keep McCourty at safety and find a player to play SS along side him. 

4.  Get another big D lineman to help Wilfork.  We need a starter caliber line collapser. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

Re: Keys to Brady 4th ring

Brady's first three rings were earned when he wasn't the best player on the team.  There was so much defensive talent.

The team won championships.

Now that it is about Brady winning championships - BB has forgotten that he needs the best defense in the league.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from agill1970. Show agill1970's posts

That's why 3 out of the 4 items I have listed were defensive.  Really the only issue that we have on offense is that we can only play a short/mid game, and when Gronk isn't on the field we play small ball as all our receivers are Lollipop Guild tiny. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

The keys to the offseason, in my opinion:

1a. Safety...need someone who can play next to McCourty and also cover.

1b. Pass Rush help...whether it is a DT with some pass rushing ability or another DE.

2. Fast WR, preferably with a little height (deep threat)...i'd maybe look to FA for this, but maybe even the draft if BB really thinks there is someone...

3. CB...resign Talib or if not, find some way to replace him. Also look for a guy for depth purposes (so we are not screwed if Dennard or Talib go down).

4. KR...hopefully Demps is this guy.

5. LB who can cover

If the Pats can do this, I'll like their chances more next year.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

In response to AyyyBoston's comment:

The keys to the offseason, in my opinion:

1a. Safety...need someone who can play next to McCourty and also cover.

1b. Pass Rush help...whether it is a DT with some pass rushing ability or another DE.

2. Fast WR, preferably with a little height (deep threat)...i'd maybe look to FA for this, but maybe even the draft if BB really thinks there is someone...

3. CB...resign Talib or if not, find some way to replace him. Also look for a guy for depth purposes (so we are not screwed if Dennard or Talib go down).

4. KR...hopefully Demps is this guy.

5. LB who can cover

If the Pats can do this, I'll like their chances more next year.

Can this be achieved if Brady is paid 20 million and Weleker gets at least 13 (maybe 15) million a year?

Nope.