Keys to putting it together and Winning the Super Bowl.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

Keys to putting it together and Winning the Super Bowl.

Despite the panic around here, I believe our team's talent is solid and is not being used correctly, especially on offense.  So I have decided to compile a list of what I believe the Patriots need to do to own a 4th Super Bowl Trophy. These are coaching and strategy moves, not skills such as "Brady must be accurate." In no particuler order, here they are:

Offense
    1. Establish the run game early.  Give Maroney and Taylor the ball consistently.  There are games where Brady just isn't right and we would benefit by just running the ball and using the screen game with Faulk. I believe Maroney and Taylor could carry us very far if we decide to use them for protecting leads. Morris should be used extremely sparingly.

2. Use 10X more play action.  We have the arsenal to do so.  we have threats on the ground and threw the air. USE IT.  Find Watson on play actions passes. He will be open more often than not.

3. Trash the formation of Goalline Pound (We are running and we all know it).  This is where Moss and Welker get removed from the game and we insert Slator and Levior.  Its quite obvious we are running it and it never works.  We not only use this in the redzone where it fails, but also in the second half games, which leads to giving the ball away in 3 and outs.

Defense:
    1. Use Burgess more.  Whether it be Standing or on the line, this guy is ready to step up big time.

2. Use the 5 LB and 6 DB formation even when Wilfork and Warren return on obvious passing downs.  2nd and 3rd and long.

3. Man up the corners.  Let guys like Bodden and Springs play in the face of the reciever and let them get physical. SORRY INDY. Thats how football should be played.  PHYSICAL. and that means DBs and WRs too.

4. Wilhite should be used exclusively as a Nickel Back with Bodden and Springs starting.  Butler should be used against lesser receivers. 

5. Start James Sanders over McGowan. As much I like McGowan, he is much better in situations than a constant starter role. 

Special Teams
    1. Maroney has no business returning kicks.  Put Slator back there with Aiken.  Aiken can get physical and throw a solid block to let this speedy guy get through. we need more production out of this nonexistant kick return game. 

Just want to throw this in there, Kyle Arrington #27 is doing fantastic on special teams. Not many people notice him, but he makes a play every time he is out there. Just wanted to show appreciation for a guy playing with real intensity.

Anyway, I believe if the Patriots do these things, they will be a much better team.  Basically we need to use our arsenal of players better than we have.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

Re: Keys to putting it together and Winning the Super Bowl.

My name is CarawayDJ, and I'm a Koolaid drinker.  Damn straight we're winning the SB this year!!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Overall, good stuff. I don't mind some optimism, especially when it is backed by practical suggestions. The Pats do have some talent. I wouldn't want to be facing this team in the first or second round in the playoffs. 

That said, something seems off with this team - they don't seem to play with a real urgency or passion, and hardly seem united in the locker room. That may be partially due to so many veteran leaders lost, I don't know. I know Brady is knicked up, but he doesn't seem to enjoy himself much out there these days. Without some electricity running through the team, all the practical suggestions and coaching adjustments won't matter.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

dude its like you stole the same thoughts out of my head! especially about the offense, also i believe that BB might also need to seriously needs a reality check and better manage this team, things seem . . . off

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

I'm going to get a little negative but here's to hoping you're the one who's right.

1) The running game has had issues with the blocking.  Maroney has taken more than his share of the heat for what's going on with the OL.
    2) For some reason the Pats don't do a lot of play action.  I don't understand why. 
    3) I like the idea of having some ballz down there.

------
    1) agreed
    2) It's a gimmick.  It can work from time to time but I don't think the playoffs is the place to do this kinda thing.
    3&4) agree with some exceptions.  I don't think Springs can do it any more.  I wish that Butler was ready to take over.  But man up for sure.  Crowd the line and challenge the WR.  At least our nickel and dime packages look good on paper.
    5) I'd like to see Chung in there.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SouthSt. Show SouthSt's posts

on pounding it into the endzone via power running . . . would it be ridiculous to resurrect the Refrigerator Perry idea and give the ball to Wilfork for 1 yard runs??

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from K-max. Show K-max's posts

Offense:

1)  Brady hitting the wide open WR, in stride, for easy TD's.
     2)  O-line holding their blocks so Brady has time to survey.

Defense:

1)  Pass rush.

You can't go no line men all the time.  Any descent running game will chew-up a line of LB's.  It will only work when the other team is playing catch up and needs to pass.  It would of worked great in the Colt game.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mojobag101. Show mojobag101's posts

First: 7/30/2009
    Last: 12/24/2009

on pounding it into the endzone via power running . . . would it be ridiculous to resurrect the Refrigerator Perry idea and give the ball to Wilfork for 1 yard runs??

YESSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking103. Show harleyroadking103's posts

First: 7/30/2009
    Last: 12/24/2009

YESSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NO! thats how Seymour got hurt.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mojobag101. Show mojobag101's posts

Brady is playing now like he did at the start of the season.The minor injuries seem to be affecting his timing especially on deep balls(usually one of his strenghts).The D isnt as bad as peoples think ,but it is definitely not good enough to carry this team thru the playoffs.If this team is going to do anything in the post season,Brady is going to have to be on point(especially deep) which in turn will free up Maroney for big gashes or maybe even a successful screen or two.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yapple. Show Yapple's posts

We make critical mistakes, both physical and mental, at just the right time and circumstance for us to lose the game. We hardly ever did that before this year. It's not a lack of talent. It's something else. Of course, when you're as successful as we have been, it's easy to remember and point out every single mistake. We would need a miracle to win the Super Bowl this year.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from One-If-By-Sea. Show One-If-By-Sea's posts

I think the O-Line will be OK but without going away from maximum protection and releasing the TEs we are very predictable. To "mix it up" on the offensive end, you have to take some "protection risks". Will we change the approach in the playoffs, take off the gloves and let the O-Line show if they can protect without TE help?

I do not think this D can take us through the playoffs. I don't think BB thinks so either. Last week the pass rush was good, but Buffalo is Buffalo. First McGowan was the answer, now Sanders is the answer. McGowan makes plays but takes risks. Can we overcome the big plays that risks can produce? After 14 games the answer is obvious - we can against the weak teams, but against the good teams if we take risks, we get burnt. Springs is solid, Sanders is solid, but can they make a big stop or interception without taking a risk? Watch Revis - he takes no risk and beats his guy one-on-one and makes a big play. Same as Ty Law or Samuel, but we do not have those guys now. Against a good O-line our D will not get pressure and the secondary can not make plays.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

Good feed back guys.  Im not suggesting anything very drastic as you can see.  We just need to use our players to the best of their abilities and let the lesser skilled guys play within themselves. (Wilhite)

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

offense needs to gets some pizzaz in it. BB needs to change the tempo in the first half. the pats need to get as many points as possible, so the other team plays catch up, and gives up turnovers. TB needs to start using the 3rd and 4th reciever more and get the heat off Moss and Welker