Kick the Tires on Ratliff?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Kick the Tires on Ratliff?

I am shocked the Cowboys cut him given the amount of dead money they will have to eat next year, but it sounds like he and Jerry were at odds.

Who knows how healthy he is, but he isn't that far removed from 4 consecutive pro bowls at a position that we have had some injury issues.

Does he have anything left?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigsmellybear. Show bigsmellybear's posts

Re: Kick the Tires on Ratliff?

In response to pcmIV's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I am shocked the Cowboys cut him given the amount of dead money they will have to eat next year, but it sounds like he and Jerry were at odds.

Who knows how healthy he is, but he isn't that far removed from 4 consecutive pro bowls at a position that we have had some injury issues.

Does he have anything left?

[/QUOTE]

Depends on:

Nature of his injuries

How long until he's healthy enough to contribute

How much $$$ he wants....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

Based on the need i agree kick the tires.

Sports hernia and hamstring issues are not easy things to gauge.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Ya I would, he actually came very close to punching out JJ in the locker room last year when JJ came to his locker and told him more was needed from him. Has a large contract # so it's likely he clears waivers.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Ya I would, he actually came very close to punching out JJ in the locker room last year when JJ came to his locker and told him more was needed from him. Has a large contract # so it's likely he clears waivers.

[/QUOTE]

I don't think vets get put on waivers.  He is a UFA atm.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Not my strength but I think for contract reasons he needs to clear waivers before anyone can talk with him...could be wrong though.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

[QUOTE]

Not my strength but I think for contract reasons he needs to clear waivers before anyone can talk with him...could be wrong though.

[/QUOTE]

I think that only applies to players that haven't accrued 4 seasons of service.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle Rico. Show Uncle Rico's posts

I wouldn't take chances on his injuries.  We have enough of those around here.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

The question is kick the tires... meaning bring him and take a look.  I saw 100% yes.  Even just to make him a rotational player, he would be great depth.  Considering this year, I think Pats could use all the depth they can get. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

Absolutely

nothing to lose

Bb could be a life line for him, even for just this season

This is the sort of player, hi skilled, trouble with organization, DUI is low risk for nfl players, and there is no compensation to the old team, and he may be able to perform

I do not know if there are any pat players who know him?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriotrain. Show patriotrain's posts

In response to Harvey-Wallbanger's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Word is he is done.  He got his fat paycheck and then went wild. DUIs, out of shape leading to injuries, failed physical, etc.

Worth a workout, but I'd rather deal for an every veteran DT who wants it, vs some lazy player.

harvey polebanger king of the obvious.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigsmellybear. Show bigsmellybear's posts

In response to Uncle Rico's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I wouldn't take chances on his injuries.  We have enough of those around here.

[/QUOTE]

Hiya Bustchise...how's the Jet family of Trolls on BDC...say hello to Uncle Rico for me...has he gotten the ankle bracelet off yet, and can he leave the house ? Does he still have to stay away from kids? Have the police told the neighbors he's living in your house yet? Must be tough, huh?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

[QUOTE]

Word is he is done.  He got his fat paycheck and then went wild. DUIs, out of shape leading to injuries, failed physical, etc.

Worth a workout, but I'd rather deal for an every veteran DT who wants it, vs some lazy player.

[/QUOTE]

U may very well be right

But he is a talent, his problems may have been JJ and a dysfunctional cowboy org.

DUIs seem to be pretty common in the nfl

He is from auburn,I am sure BB has a book on him.Do we have any auburn players? 

no one has seen him play in 10 months

as I said on the ratliff thread, he is the type of historical hi talent player BB looks at

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigsmellybear. Show bigsmellybear's posts

In response to patriotrain's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

harvey polebanger king of the obvious.

[/QUOTE]

Hiya Bustchise...how's the Jet family of Trolls on BDC...say hello to Uncle Rico for me...has he gotten the ankle bracelet off yet, and can he leave the house ? Does he still have to stay away from kids? Have the police told the neighbors he's living in your house yet? Must be tough, huh?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Why not, couldn't hurt to take a look

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I don't think vets get put on waivers.  He is a UFA atm.

[/QUOTE]

Good call, he is a vested vet so he is a FA.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1814004-dallas-cowboys-release-veteran-dt-jay-ratliff

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

he actually came very close to punching out JJ in the locker room last year....

That, by itself, is not necessarily a negative.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

He failed his physical. Unless he intentionally failed it because he had it in Dallas, why?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

NFL net Ratliff says he was never going to be able to play this year

Dalass misstated what his injury was

so nothing for pats this year

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

So maybe a FA for next yr? And now back to this season

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

I'm not sure he'd even be up to a try out based on what I've just read.  Not sure there's much tread left on the tires at this point.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Free agent DT Jay Ratliff is in Philadelphia being evaluated by Dr. William Myers to determine if he can play this season.

Ratliff is battling hamstring and abdomen issues after suffering a setback from sports hernia surgery during training camp. ESPN's Ed Werder reports there are "six teams interested" in Ratliff at the moment. The 32-year-old needs to get healthy first. The Cowboys released him with the failed physical designation.       I think Pats maybe one of the 6... you'd have to think the Pats atleast discussed him when he became available.  

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Per rotoworld:

Free agent DT Jay Ratliff has been cleared to resume football activities.

Ratliff was released by the Cowboys last week with a failed physical designation. He's been dealing with hamstring and abdomen issues since suffering a setback with his groin injury during training camp, but was declared healthy enough to play this season. ESPN's Ed Werder reports as many as six teams are interested in signing Ratliff. The 32-year-old is expected to start working out for clubs in a couple of weeks.    

Maybe he has something left after all?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

[QUOTE]

Per rotoworld:

Free agent DT Jay Ratliff has been cleared to resume football activities.

Ratliff was released by the Cowboys last week with a failed physical designation. He's been dealing with hamstring and abdomen issues since suffering a setback with his groin injury during training camp, but was declared healthy enough to play this season. ESPN's Ed Werder reports as many as six teams are interested in signing Ratliff. The 32-year-old is expected to start working out for clubs in a couple of weeks.    

Maybe he has something left after all?

[/QUOTE]

I think he does have something left and he simply wanted out of Dallas. The trouble will be too many teams will be after him and he'll play hard to get... NO wants him and he is a west coast Florida guy so we'll see.