KRAFT helped end Ref Fiasco ?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptnFoxboro. Show CaptnFoxboro's posts

KRAFT helped end Ref Fiasco ?

I ripped Kraft for apparently standing on the sideline while the Ref situation escalated  -

now word is coming out that he was an impetus toward resolving the situation .

Credit where credit is due.

Jerry Richardson, Woody Johnson initially dug in after Monday night debacle | ProFootballTalk

ProFootballTalk: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/09/28/rex-ryan-ken-whisenhunt-visit-todays-pro-football-talk/

PS - BDC EDIT Function is BAAAACCCKKK !!!

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptnFoxboro. Show CaptnFoxboro's posts

Re: KRAFT helped end Ref Fiasco ?

Considering how well Kraft compensates his valued employees I get the feeling that if it was solely up to him  the Ref situation would have been resolved back in July .

In retrospect , my guess is he didn't want to publicly break ranks with his fellow 1%'s .

He may not be the NFL's version of Mark Cuban ...

but he's definitely not a Woody Johnson .

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

well having the refs steal two straight games away from you will do that.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

In response to JintsFan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to redsoxfan94's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

here's a little cheese and crackers to go with that whine

[/QUOTE]

I understand your frustration redsoxfan94

but really,

The Pats shouldn't let teams like those hang around in games where a chance occurance such as a bad call, helmet catch or career catch by the 5th receiver on his way out the door can lose them the game.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

Was thinking of Kraft the other day, in light of his HOF Canton nod for NFL Owners, andin particular, relative to how he goes about running the NE Pats team he owns. 

The knock on Bob Kraft, is that "he's cheap."  He is.  He is cheap.  Only the most rose-colored Pats Fans who place their personal loyalties and allegiances, specifically in the NFL Ownership Camps, Will try ta tell'ya differently.  They're wrong. 

YET, Bob Kraft being "cheap", is NOT...a bad thing, all things considered.  Kraft almost runs this team like a bottom-line accountant's book...no names lol, just numbers and letters and scratches, and circles, and crosses through, etc..  ALL finely tuned numbers and odds, beit position-worth, player-value, and one can even make a VERY well-founded case, for these same hard-lined odds making their way into draft day collegiate draftee worth, every SINGLE aspect relative to free agency, and even (yup) PLAY worth and value as it relates to odds of success and/or failure on the football field. 

Sometimes we get scr#wed by attempting to "widespread" our free agency buckshot...attempting to hit a little of everything (i.e. THE most number of things), and end up wasting our ammo on nada, coming home with almost zippo.  But, for the greater part, It works.  It does.  Same can be said on the field, given the last decade's over-reliance on the passing attack...  Again:  Playing the odds-game 100%= You ARE going to put up more points on your side of the scoreboard, by taking it to both the air (vs run), and banking heavier on the play of your HOF QB, than otherwise.  This might not make us SB Champs, when we have to inevitably square-off against the best of the best NFL D's, using this overly reliant 1-dimensional approach...But once again- Man...It gets us close, REAL close...nearly every time.  Once more- It works.  

Make no mistake about it though-  This overtly, hard-lined, final unbudging number, weight, scale, and greater odds, based-method, Ain't easy on your average everyday NE Pats Fan.  At times we'll lose out on key NE vets in free agency for mere 1000's (pennies to an NFL team cap); And even IF they do nothin' anywhere else, make no mistake, these guys might've STILL been key cogs to a Pats Team in any given year, had we kept some of them (think here the likes of those like Gafney <1st time around>, or the Safety play of James Sanders for instance <just coming in to his own here...finally>; Any number of the 2nd-tiered, non-Asante Samuelesque, "cost-cutters", might've helped out IMMENSELY in carrying us for 1 more play, or Game, or Drive, or Stop- to glory. 

Same goes for the frustrations of your everyday NE Fan, who doesn't WANT to place all his hopes & aspirations & hard-corp football-minded faith, in a finesse offense over and over, even IF it means more Regular Season Points, and thus- Wins, in the end.  Same for the frustratives when dealing with BB-based nearly OVERLY-thought out & OVERLY-rationalized, "odds" game, in "wasting" 2 or 3 plays in the redzone at crunch time, attempting to secure a good centering-point on the field, in order to kick- what should be, a far higher-percentage-yielding-of-success field goal...Or perhaps, going for it in the latest stages of any given contest, on 4th and 2, when you're in the lead at that moment (more odds- 4th down odds, Higher NFL Offensive gameplan odds, NE Offense vs NE Defense odds).

Needless to say, At least from a emotional sport's fans perspective...yea- It CAN be frustrating.  No doubt about it.

~~~

But think of the way Kraft deploys this frugal, bottom-line, hard-figured approach for the way he Owns and Manages The NE Patriots, under (and within) 2 perspectives in relation:

He runs HIS team, in a very frugal, and exacting figure methodology and manner.  YET, when it comes to The League of Billion Owners vs The Players...which side does Bob Kraft come up to bat for, in order to hammer out a resolution so we ALL, can get The NFL under way again during a lockout?  Answer:  The Players.  After the lockout, and courtroom(s) dramatics- Kraft had ultimately had enough.  He loudly stepped RIGHT on out, voicing his power and sway on the player's side, in order to get football under way once more.  And likewise, now I hear right here, that the same ultimately occured for the Pro Officials...  Kraft had enough.  See, there's a difference between being bottom-line, cost-management, Frugal in your Greater Business Economic Approach VERSES:  Being f##in' cheap, and accepting in the fact, that you're so f##ing cheap, That you really have no issues whatsoever, in packaging and then selling to the consumner, An F'!ng Cheap product. 

Kraft won't prescribe to that...  He might be an obsessive cost-manager when it comes to HIS sidelet business...the 1 HE, and he alone, owns.  -Because there's a method in THIS madness, at least:  Long term contract approach in order to field THE best team, for the greatest number of years possible.  But in terms of the greater market approach (i.e, the NFL, or ALL the Owners vs ALL the players, or The "League" vs The Union of Professional Officials)- Kraft seems to understand some form of duality lost on far too many of us:  That it's far more prudent to be a tad bit more lenient in your fiscal "liberalness", when it comes to the WHOLE scope...the Entire market product en masse.  Such as, That if THAT is suddenly viewed and commonly held as poorer or a lesser in it's entirety (even to the smallest degree), than ya got nothin'.

Anyway...that's just the way I look at it....           

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

It doesn't surprise me if thsi is that case. he was instrumental in avoiding work stoppages on the last two CBAs, as was his son.

I don't know the history of every owner, but I know Kraft is a regular person who once struggled to afford his Patriots tickets and argued with Myra over purchasing them. I remember Jonathon talking about it, how he and his brother overheard everything, and remembering his excitement at getting season tickets.

He seems a little more in touch with common people than many owners. He has done almost everything right, he's put money into Patriot Place, building up a whole small town in Foxboro....FOXBORO!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

In response to JintsFan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to redsoxfan94's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

here's a little cheese and crackers to go with that whine

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, Jints, let's go back to the NYG/GB game last regular season. Remember?  You guys lost because of a blown call.  It was a touchdown; replay clearly showed it.  Refs missed the call, and those weren't even the scabs.

I live in NY.  The whining continued until the Giants made the playoffs.

Or have you forgotten how that went down?  Selective memory, or just revisionist history? 

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

figures jints would bump a dead thread just to troll....why should you care what my opinion on those calls.....im not whining, the pats deserved to lose those games, but those were not the right calls and anyone in their right mind would agree with that.