Kraft Says Brady is Better than Montana

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rerun85. Show Rerun85's posts

Kraft Says Brady is Better than Montana

I'm not sure how to measure That.

Montana threw the deep ball much better but Brady is top notch at everything else.

http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/_/id/8321987/robert-kraft-says-tom-brady-better-joe-montana-all-time-quarterbacks

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

Re: Kraft Says Brady is Better than Montana

It is too difficult to make qualitative rankings between the top QB's that have played the game. What stats do you use to make judgements? How do you compare across different eras where preparaton, training, schemes and offensive and defensive strategies and even rules are different? We know they are both great but it is hard to make a more convincing case as to who is "the best" given the above.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Love this topic even though we have had at it before.

Brady is easily better than Montana.

In the 1980s SF did not have to deal with a salary cap. The team was stacked on both sides of the ball. 2 great WR with Craig at RB and a very strong defense with Lott leading the way.

A team that could not exist today with the salary cap, too many stars.

Put Brady on the 80s team and they still win those SB + a couple more.

Put Montana on the 2000 teams and they may not win any SB. His average (at best) arm would be exposed without a running game or premier WRs that he enjoyed in SF.

Now I am on my 3rd after dinner sip but I'm as sure of this as anything I have ever believed in football.

I cringe when I think about the day Brady retires.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

And when the salary cap came in in the early 90s I believe the first team caught cheating the cap was the 49'ers.

CAP versus No Cap is like me running against Bolt with his 2 legs tied together and I beat him and someone points at me and says I knew you were better.

It's so fundemental...Brady is better....no slight intended to Montana but as MLK said "the truth shall be self evident"

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

What does Kraft know?  The better person to ask would be our own Rusty.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking12. Show harleyroadking12's posts

Brady to Rice could you imagine

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I think Brady has the better arm and Montana had better athleticism. They both are extremely accurate. I think Brady is better and if he wins one more there shouldn't be any doubt - he already has him beat statistically.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking12. Show harleyroadking12's posts

both have smokin' hot wives

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to Kraft Says Brady is Better than Montana:

+1

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

The thing with Brady is that he is at or near the top in every category you measure a QB by. Everybody else has an area or two they aren't really in the top tier of. Thus, Brady has a legitimate claim to the best of all time and probably will pad that in the next few years at least.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

Sometimes it takes a little time for people to appreciate a player.

When it's all said and done, Brady will go down a the best ever.

People will look back and say, wow! 

He did all that?  And throwing to who?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Imagine what Brady would have accomplished if he could run.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

I agree that Brady is better. Montana played on a great team, maybe the best ever assembled , no salary cap. IMO Marino was better too but played on a much weaker team.  I'd take Manning over Montana too.  

Had Brady played on those 49er teams he would have won all of those Super Bowls too.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rerun85. Show Rerun85's posts

In response to Kraft Says Brady is Better than Montana:

That's funny. What screen name is he using. I haven't seen any riding with the king posts so he must have a new name.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rerun85. Show Rerun85's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

I think Brady has the better arm and Montana had better athleticism. They both are extremely accurate. I think Brady is better and if he wins one more there shouldn't be any doubt - he already has him beat statistically.

This is my feeling also. He's been to 5 and won 3 of them. 4 for 6 would be unimaginable for any QB.