Kris Jenkins Done for the Season?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Kris Jenkins Done for the Season?

Apparently, NY Jets star NT, Kris Jenkins, injured his knee in todays' 16-13 loss to the Buffalo Bills. The injury is thought to be serious: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/10/18/kris-jenkins-knee-injury-is-probably-severe/.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Re: Kris Jenkins Done for the Season?

Is that the story? That is a game changer in the division. He is one of the few Jets' defenders that haven't been over-rated thus far.

Without him those exotic bltizes will leave huge running lanes in the middle.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

No matter how much I hate the Jets.....I do feel bad for Jenkins personally and the injury that is probably severe

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In Response to Re: Kris Jenkins Done for the Season?:
    [QUOTE]Is that the story? That is a game changer in the division. He is one of the few Jets' defenders that haven't been over-rated thus far. Without him those exotic bltizes will leave huge running lanes in the middle.
    Posted by zbellino[/QUOTE]

True. The Jets are in trouble without him.

Apparently, several other key players are believed to have suffered serious injuries: Cincinnati DE and sack leader Antwan Odom (achilles), Arizona Cardinals' WR Anquan Boldin (ankle - not season threatening), and Seattle ILB Lofa Tatupu (out for season - torn pectoral muscle).

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Yeah, I read about Tatupu too. This is the first I heard of Boldin. If both of them are out, I wonder if that adds those teams to the 'sellers' list?

So long as you buy the argument that CBA uncertainty will lead to a more active trade deadline this season it might.

I watched that game and injury too though. Jenkins did walk off the field, for what that is worth.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mountainmonkey. Show mountainmonkey's posts

In Response to Kris Jenkins Done for the Season?:
    [QUOTE]     Apparently, NY Jets star NT, Kris Jenkins, injured his knee in todays' 16-13 loss to the Buffalo Bills. The injury is thought to be serious: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/10/18/kris-jenkins-knee-injury-is-probably-severe/ .     
    Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE]
    That's really too bad for Kris.....and, going forward, it also lowers the win total for NY sports fans to 3 for the rest of this calendar year...2 more(maybe) for the Yets and 1 more for the Skankees.....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonnyCorlione. Show SonnyCorlione's posts

Rex Ryan looked completely dejected after that game today.  I don't think their success went to their head but I also don't think their early success was a true reflection of their team. 

With a few injuries and a few bad games there is a larger sample to choose from when it comes to gamplanning.  I thought the Pats would have trouble with them in their first go around just because they didn't know what to expect but, even still, the Pats game plan appeared weak.  I'm not writing off the Jets but they are obviously struggling on offense and this could be quite damaging to the defense.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Caesar1177. Show Caesar1177's posts

Bring a healthy Jets team to Foxboro for a beatin in Nov!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

I hope it's not as bad as initially suspected and he's somehow ready for the 22nd. I don't want any excuses when they play the rematch.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Kris Jenkins Done for the Season? :      True. The Jets are in trouble without him.      Apparently, several other key players are believed to have suffered serious injuries: Cincinnati DE and sack leader Antwan Odom (achilles), Arizona Cardinals' WR Anquan Boldin (ankle - not season threatening), and Seattle ILB Lofa Tatupu (out for season - torn pectoral muscle).
    Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE] yes they are in trouble.i brought this up yesterday when he went down.to me it was good news.not the injury,but with him leaveing the jets weaker.but i was told that i crossed the line.oh well so i hate the jets.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

NFL Network is reporting that Jets' NT Kris Jenkins is done for the season, due to a knee injury: http://blogs.nfl.com/2009/10/19/jets-jenkins-out-for-season-with-knee-injury/

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Losing a great NT or even DT is bad news for T Rex. Will  we see Gholston in the 4-3 package ? If Sanchez continues to underperform (especially against the Raiders) this is a very big concern. The Jets still have a decent O LIne and running game; my guess will see more of them than Sanchez slinging it...Is Woody out as well....

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

[QUOTE]No matter how much I hate the Jets.....I do feel bad for Jenkins personally and the injury that is probably severe
    Posted by Rocky[/QUOTE]

Thank you for the classy, respectable post.  I hope Jenkins is healthy so Koppen can mop the floor with him in November. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

Yup, confirmed:

Although I'd never wish injury on anyone, I don't sympathize with Jets fans at all.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Kris Jenkins Done for the Season? : yes they are in trouble.i brought this up yesterday when he went down.to me it was good news.not the injury,but with him leaveing the jets weaker.but i was told that i crossed the line.oh well so i hate the jets.
    Posted by mosseffect43[/QUOTE]

While I understand and applaud your unreasoning hatred of all things Green New Jersey -- it is considered bad form to cheer when an opponent is hurt.

I'm not a doctor, but Jenkins was walking around on the sidelines like whatever it was might not be season-threatening. It would be a huge blow to Green New Jersey if they lose Jenkins for an extended period, but I'm starting to think that maybe the Jests shot their load in week 2 and have been in the process of plummeting back to earth. I am comfortable in turning my attention to Miami as the team we have to watch out for in the division.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Kris Jenkins Done for the Season? : While I understand and applaud your unreasoning hatred of all things Green New Jersey -- it is considered bad form to cheer when an opponent is hurt. I'm not a doctor, but Jenkins was walking around on the sidelines like whatever it was might not be season-threatening. It would be a huge blow to Green New Jersey if they lose Jenkins for an extended period, but I'm starting to think that maybe the Jests shot their load in week 2 and have been in the process of plummeting back to earth. I am comfortable in turning my attention to Miami as the team we have to watch out for in the division.
    Posted by prairiemike[/QUOTE] that depends on how you look at it.im cheering on the fact it hurts the jets so to me its great news!as for a player getting hurt i wish them a well recovery.