L. Blount will be huge in this game.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Footballexpert45. Show Footballexpert45's posts

L. Blount will be huge in this game.

Despite what some in the media may think, Blount is no fluke he is the real deal.  And he will continue to be the main reason why the Pats win this game.  I remember the last game the Pats played a playoff game in Denver and lost, they had Faulk running the ball who was not an every down back.  I also remember in 2007, when they lost to Peyton in Indy, they had L. Maroney running the ball, far from an effective running game.

With Blount the Pat finally have a legit running game, the game won't rely on Brady alone.  Don't be surprised if the Pats blow them out.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

Re: L. Blount will be huge in this game.

The Pats have had a legit running game since they drafted Ridley and Vereen. THis year it was stacked.... ANd with BLount blossoming it is peaking. Blount is the closest thing I have seen to Jim Nance since Jim Nance. A big runner with power and once he gets a head of steam can outrun many DBs. Nance did all that till multiple injuries ended his career. He should have been a HOFer...

What the Pats are lacking in the running game is a strong C and RG and nothing really to speak of at TE. Too bad Crumpler could not come back for a month or two.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Footballexpert45. Show Footballexpert45's posts

In response to portfolio1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The Pats have had a legit running game since they drafted Ridley and Vereen. THis year it was stacked.... ANd with BLount blossoming it is peaking. Blount is the closest thing I have seen to Jim Nance since Jim Nance. A big runner with power and once he gets a head of steam can outrun many DBs. Nance did all that till multiple injuries ended his career. He should have been a HOFer...

What the Pats are lacking in the running game is a strong C and RG and nothing really to speak of at TE. Too bad Crumpler could not come back for a month or two.

[/QUOTE]

The Pats depth a RB is just icing on the cake.  People in the media are underestimating the importance of a solid running game come playoff time.  The Pats have all the weapons to control the clock and keep Peyton on the Bench.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

Blount gonna be stomping all over the Broncos.  Can't wait till Sunday.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

IN all fairness Ridley would not have been trusted this year if he was never humbled with the benching and he changed his technique. Last year running the rock got us nowhere and Ridley knocked out. Vareen isnt a power runner. So THIS year they are actually able to use it. Just like in 09 when BB said we cant run it, I go by his actions. If he sits the lead back, he doesnt have confidence in them. He groomed Blount this year to be THAT guy because of Ridleys limitations with ball security.

Blount is actually the biggest back left in the playoffs which is saying a  lot with Lynch and Gore still in it. The only difference is Brady is the better QB. If we can just contain Denvers run game and if we make the SB, keep the running Qbs from scrambling, It evens things out. I like our chances, but make no mistake, Blount was like Brady in 01. BB was just waiting for a reason to give him the job. It ended up being a combo of HIM(Blount)  lowering his pad level and Ridley fumbling too much.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from GO47. Show GO47's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I disagree with your assessment of the TEs and the overall line play. I've watched numerous shows breaking down New England's running game and both Hooman and Mulligan as well as Develin at FB have been doing a good job with their blocks. Also most of Blounts yards have been going right up the middle. So lineman pulling and the middle of the line have to be doing something right. Could they upgrade the center and right guard positions? Sure, but I don't think this current offensive line is getting nearly enough credit for opening those gaping holes!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to GO47's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I disagree with your assessment of the TEs and the overall line play. I've watched numerous shows breaking down New England's running game and both Hooman and Mulligan as well as Develin at FB have been doing a good job with their blocks. Also most of Blounts yards have been going right up the middle. So lineman pulling and the middle of the line have to be doing something right. Could they upgrade the center and right guard positions? Sure, but I don't think this current offensive line is getting nearly enough credit for opening those gaping holes!

[/QUOTE]

also gotta credit Blount for being patience. Listen to logie and he sounds like a guy who loves to block for Blount and others.,....not so much. He can stop, wait for a block to develop and then still have enough burst to get to the hole. Some backs take years to develop that patience.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kman2004. Show kman2004's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:

In response to GO47's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

also gotta credit Blount for being patience. Listen to logie and he sounds like a guy who loves to block for Blount and others.,....not so much. He can stop, wait for a block to develop and then still have enough burst to get to the hole. Some backs take years to develop that patience.

[/QUOTE]

I was thinking the same thing about Blount's patience. It's really a big part of why he is so effective.

For those of you who didn't see this stat posted by Don Banks of Sports Illustrated regarding how Denver has done against effective running teams, I hope MCD is patient enough with it. All week many of us have been hearing the Pats may look more to exploit Denver's beat up secondary. I think we will see a nice balance of both.

"In their seven losses the past two seasons, the Broncos are giving up almost 148 yards rushing per game."

http://www.boston.com/sports/columnists/wilbur/2014/01/patriots-broncos_afc_championship_prediction_round.html

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

In response to Footballexpert45's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The Pats depth a RB is just icing on the cake.  People in the media are underestimating the importance of a solid running game come playoff time.  The Pats have all the weapons to control the clock and keep Peyton on the Bench.

[/QUOTE]

Agree, because those people like high scoring pass first teams like the broncos. But we know better. We are dialing the clock back to 1940, playing with leather helmets and punching people in the face.love it. Did I also mention we have a secondary that can contain the broncos receivers....the way this Pats team has evolved this season, how they are peaking at the right time is perfect. They are now built and playing like a team, the kind of team that a Denver team would hate to play.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

ridley is a dark horse sunday too..

take the load off Blount and pounds the D

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from agill1970. Show agill1970's posts

If the Pats sign this guy to a contract, even if only for one more year, I am so rushing out and buying his jersey.  As much as I love Ridley, please don't let this guy get away.  Seriously, he has been reborn HARD and I positively am giddy over his running style.  Over you, around you, through you, past you.  This guy runs like a lead filled tornado. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

If the Broncos do end up keeping Blount from controlling the game the player who is going to have to step up is Vereen.

They will need 7-10 catches in the 80+ yard area and 5-8 carries in the 40 yard range. He will be the guy that needs to elevate his game and he must get in the end zone. If they can get him the ball in space he can take advantage of Travathon and Woodyard.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Aaron Dobson made the trip.  Dobson's game is to get downfield, Brady throws the ball to the side where the single defender isn't and Dobson uses his height/bulk to body the cornerback out of the play. Gradually rookie Dobson gets better at this job, so don't expect early season results to equal Dobson now.

With the threat of a burn (or after a couple of actual burns if Denver is dumb) Denver will have to back off the line of scrimmage a bit and trust their front seven to stop Blount/Ridley without help.  If the Patriots' front line is blocking like they have been lately, that's problematic for Denver.

BB has exactly his formula at running back -- a bunch of guys running by committee, all with different running styles to keep the defense on its heels.  There aren't any other Blounts in the NFL, 250 pounders who are shockingly elusive for guys that heavy.  Jerome Bettis, the Bus, tipped the scales at 251 pounds and he wasn't elusive.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Blount: 160+ yards

Ridley:    70+ yards

Other:    30+ yards

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from neinmd. Show neinmd's posts

In response to tcal2-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

If anything close to this happens, this would be a drubbing of historic proportions. Brady would have a field day with play action passes and the defense would go after Manning on every down. I would be happy with 150 yards of total rushing offense with 10-12 rushing 1st downs and 35 mins TOP. We win with that.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to tcal2-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

TCal is this is close to right tmrw we should win this game...