Ladanian Tomlinson - the perfect addition to the Patriots backfield!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogi3333. Show yogi3333's posts

Ladanian Tomlinson - the perfect addition to the Patriots backfield!

Last year, on the Jets 25th ranked offense that put up 311.8 yards per game, Tomlinson as the number 2 back had 75 carries for 280 yards (3.7/carry) and caught 42 receptions for 449 yards (10.7/catch) for total yards of 729 or 52.0 yards per game (17% of the Jets production) for his 14 games.

On the Patriots #2 ranked offense in the league posting 428 yards per game, our number 1 back, BJGE, had 181 carries for 667 yards (3.7/carry) and 9 receptions for 159 yards (17.7 avg) for 826 total yards for 51.6 yards per game (or 12% of the team's total production).

With the additions of Lloyd and Gonzalez, the opposing defenses will be even thinner at the line. Tomlinson, a HoF running back, still has more explosion through the line and potency in the flat than anyone in that's been in our back field for many seasons (maybe Corey Dillon?) I would expect a 1,250 yard season with just 10 touches a game.

We may not like Tomlinson, but we always respected him. And his leadership skills in NY last year were questionable even if his case was justified. So, I ask you, is LT a perfect fit in our backfield? Yes or No?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

Re: Ladanian Tomlinson - the perfect addition to the Patriots backfield!

He's one of those players I would keep my eyes on and consider but I am not sure I would pull the trigger.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmcintosh. Show andrewmcintosh's posts

Did you watch him last year?  Rapidly approaching outright ineffective.  He's lost his burst, can't press the 2nd level, and was never a thumper in between the tackles.  He can catch, but then what?  We've seen almost nothing from Vereen, and I'd still wager he's a better player than LT at this point.  A HOF career, but he's at the end of the line.  When runningbacks go, they go quick.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

First of all he hates the Patriots and has stated as much on several occasions,on top of that he's older than Fred Taylor was and you saw how that experiment worked...NOT!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from LittleTimmy31. Show LittleTimmy31's posts

LT might have been a good fit 5 or 6 yrs ago but not now.....time for him to retire and wait for the HOF balloting.......

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

no, altho the patiots like value amongst seasoned players, I'd rather draft a RB in the late rounds or find another average joe rb in free agency.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patriots1970. Show Patriots1970's posts

LT is toast - Pats have Woody and Vereen for the change of pace and catching out of the backfield.

If any vet RB then bring in Cedric Benson. He can run the rock north south and break out a few runs. But otherwise doubt they bring in another RB if they really intend to use one of the recently signed FB in running situations rather than special teams.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

Respected him?

And his whining, entitled attitude? His inability to lose with class? His inability to play through a little injury in a playoff game?

He called the WHOLE PATRIOTS organization classless, stating "It starts at the top".

H E L L NO! Never. Not even if every RB on the roster broke their legs, and he was the only FA in the world. I'd put Connoly back there before signing this cancer. Just look what happened to the Jets locker room, it wasn't ALL him, but he offered NO leadership.

Once talented, now a total bum.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

thanks for that thought--I needed a laugh this morning.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Will-Redd. Show Will-Redd's posts

He's much too classy for us.  Just ask him.

Last thing we need is someone who hides when the going gets tough.  Everyone brings their A game when they play the Patriots.  We need tough players, not cry-baby prima-donnas.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

Why do dumb a$$ threads like this even get started?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChasaB. Show ChasaB's posts

we already have someone to work the gatorade station..

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In Response to Ladanian Tomlinson - the perfect addition to the Patriots backfield!:
    [QUOTE]Last year, on the Jets 25th ranked offense that put up 311.8 yards per game, Tomlinson as the number 2 back had 75 carries for 280 yards (3.7/carry) and caught 42 receptions for 449 yards (10.7/catch) for total yards of 729 or 52.0 yards per game (17% of the Jets production) for his 14 games.   On the Patriots #2 ranked offense in the league posting 428 yards per game, our number 1 back, BJGE, had 181 carries for 667 yards (3.7/carry) and 9 receptions for 159 yards (17.7 avg) for 826 total yards for 51.6 yards per game (or 12% of the team's total production).   With the additions of Lloyd and Gonzalez, the opposing defenses will be even thinner at the line. Tomlinson, a HoF running back, still has more explosion through the line and potency in the flat than anyone in that's been in our back field for many seasons (maybe Corey Dillon?) I would expect a 1,250 yard season with just 10 touches a game. We may not like Tomlinson, but we always respected him. And his leadership skills in NY last year were questionable even if his case was justified. So, I ask you, is LT a perfect fit in our backfield? Yes or No?
    Posted by yogi3333[/QUOTE]

Oh hell no!!! I'd disown the Pats if they signed this overrated, wash-up crybaby!  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

He quit on his own team. Sat on the bench while his QB had a torn ACL and toughed the whole game out. I want nothing to do with the guy. I'd sign TO first.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from NCPatsFan1971. Show NCPatsFan1971's posts

No way.

Why would we want the antithesis of BJGE?  LT is an aging Prima donna who has trashed the Patriots.  There are much better choices than him already on the team.   

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PMacPatFan. Show PMacPatFan's posts

I can't agree with you more.

LT? Be serious. Wow.

In Response to Re: Ladanian Tomlinson - the perfect addition to the Patriots backfield!:
    [QUOTE]Respected him? And his whining, entitled attitude? His inability to lose with class? His inability to play through a little injury in a playoff game? He called the WHOLE PATRIOTS organization classless, stating "It starts at the top". H E L L NO! Never. Not even if every RB on the roster broke their legs, and he was the only FA in the world. I'd put Connoly back there before signing this cancer. Just look what happened to the Jets locker room, it wasn't ALL him, but he offered NO leadership. Once talented, now a total bum.
    Posted by ma6dragon9[/QUOTE]

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatFanInBA2. Show PatFanInBA2's posts

short answer: No

detailed answer: No #@$%ing Way !!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

For the longest time i always wondered why Lt wore that really dark visor and i finally figured it out when we played the chargers in the playoffs. Its so he could sit and pout on the bench and nobody could see it. LT is garbage and has always had something negative to say about the pats. No LT for me please!!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

Whats this "we" stuff. I can't stand that punk. After seeing him give up on his team in the playoffs when he was a charger and the crying he did after the Pats beat them in SD I never want that person on my favorite team.

Go Pats!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from threejak. Show threejak's posts

Get off the pipe....

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

The poll results speak loudly.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrocktonMike. Show BrocktonMike's posts

Knew & watched him while living in SD. 

Early in his career, he was an outstanding player, caring more about winning than stats. 

As happens with many Chargers, the owners' attitude to players can destroy the "team" concept.  Drew Brees, Jr. Seau, Rodney Harrison, Kellen Winslow, are examples of team first players who the Chargers mistreated.

Had LT left the Chargers years ago, he might not have become a bitter man, looking out only for himself.  Although the players I listed never dropped to LT's post Charger level.  LT is not the kind of player that would meet BB's standards, as now LT's only in it for the money and not willing to risk getting a boo boo for the good of the team.  He's no Curtis Martin.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

I think this is the appropriate place to ask, because I genuinely think it's a 'no', and have always been in the minority...

is LT a Hall of Famer?

I never thought so, I never looked at him as a GREAT player for more than maybe 2 seasons (03 and 06). To me, a HOFer needs to be great most of his career. His career average is a pedestrian 4.3, he does have a lot of catches, but when looking at him compared to other players of the era...I just don't see it. Especially when people are so reluctant to call someone like Dillon a Hall of Famer (and so quick to give it to Bettis?). Sharing hall space with the likes of: Jim Brown, Barry Sanders, Emmitt Smith, OJ Simpson, Gale Sayers? I don't know, I think he's about an 80% version of Curtis Martin. Especially given the teams he played on, he ALWAYS had a good QB and solid offense. Never had to do it alone.

Am I that biased?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

In Response to Ladanian Tomlinson - the perfect addition to the Patriots backfield!:
    [QUOTE]Last year, on the Jets 25th ranked offense that put up 311.8 yards per game, Tomlinson as the number 2 back had 75 carries for 280 yards (3.7/carry) and caught 42 receptions for 449 yards (10.7/catch) for total yards of 729 or 52.0 yards per game (17% of the Jets production) for his 14 games.   On the Patriots #2 ranked offense in the league posting 428 yards per game, our number 1 back, BJGE, had 181 carries for 667 yards (3.7/carry) and 9 receptions for 159 yards (17.7 avg) for 826 total yards for 51.6 yards per game (or 12% of the team's total production).   With the additions of Lloyd and Gonzalez, the opposing defenses will be even thinner at the line. Tomlinson, a HoF running back, still has more explosion through the line and potency in the flat than anyone in that's been in our back field for many seasons (maybe Corey Dillon?) I would expect a 1,250 yard season with just 10 touches a game. We may not like Tomlinson, but we always respected him. And his leadership skills in NY last year were questionable even if his case was justified. So, I ask you, is LT a perfect fit in our backfield? Yes or No?
    Posted by yogi3333[/QUOTE]

No thank you