Last Draft Prediction to stick to... NO TRADES!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

Last Draft Prediction to stick to... NO TRADES!

NO Trades allowed must pick the picks they have #22 through #53 Too impossible beyond that. If you think they are trading up for lets say JPP at 10 then put him at #22 and take that chance. Last picks accepted  for the purpose of this thread as of the draft bell. Lets see who is the Draft King in here.
    I'll include a question about trades of picks.
    my prediction:

#22: OL Pouncey- Took me a while to come to this but if they stay at 22 he should be there and it makes sense.

#44: OLB Jerry Hughes- I think he could be there but they might have to move up to early second to guarantee it and they have the bullets to get that done.

#47: WR Golden Tate- Brady is smiling now this guy will be a seemless fit for the Patriots Passing game. And can take over for Moss in 2011.

#53: RB Montario Hardesty- he is a guy I would be more comfortable taking in the 3rd but if we can't move #53 for a 3rd and 5th this year  and a 3rd next for example I would take him at 53 w/o much worry.

Now I like that draft and it seems possible to me. Not reaching for anyone either.

Now to the question...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrbungle. Show mrbungle's posts

Re: Last Draft Prediction to stick to... NO TRADES!

This would be considered a successful draft for the Patriots with these picks. One thing we have to keep in mind is that BB will draft the best player available to him as they appear on the board.

One team makes a big trade and everything changes. I fully expect that to happen. I also believe BB would grab Tebow with any of these picks, starting with #22. That's just my hunch. Love to see us get a 3rd rounder too without dropping down. Maybe via trade or what have you.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

#22 Kyle Wilson CB 5'10" 194 after months of changing this pick I come back to Wilson, there's a chance he or McCourty fall to 22.  In 2009 played in a nickel or dime formations 50% of the time.  You need play makers at CB in this NFL, Wilson can be a #1.  He and Butler are considered as solid cover CB with Wilson also a good run support guy.  Been a fan for a while now, won't call it yet but Wilson Island? lol
    #44 Koa Misi OLB 6'3" 251 Has done very well this offseason in LB drills, I like his motor and another player who will help this year.  He will be a great addition to a LB group.
    #47 Alex Carrington DE 6'5" 285 Solid player both against the run and providing a pass rush from the RDE side.
    #53 Daniel Te'O-Nesheim OLB 6'4" 263 I think we've said enough about him for most to be sold on him at this pick.  I think he will be a special one, saw an article where he says he has a reputation to uphold because he's fro HI, he said people tend to put those players in the tough and hard working column.
    #119 Ben Tate RB 5'11" 220  will be everything LM has not, big power back with sub 4.4 40 time.  Decent hands and good blocker, will be the 1st 1000 rusher since dillon. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrbungle. Show mrbungle's posts

In Response to Re: Last Draft Prediction to stick to... NO TRADES!:
    #22 Kyle Wilson CB 5'10" 194 after months of changing this pick I come back to Wilson, there's a chance he or McCourty fall to 22.  In 2009 played in a nickel or dime formations 50% of the time.  You need play makers at CB in this NFL, Wilson can be a #1.  He and Butler are considered as solid cover CB with Wilson also a good run support guy.  Been a fan for a while now, won't call it yet but Wilson Island? lol #44 Koa Misi OLB 6'3" 251 Has done very well this offseason in LB drills, I like his motor and another player who will help this year.  He will be a great addition to a LB group. #47 Alex Carrington DE 6'5" 285 Solid player both against the run and providing a pass rush from the RDE side. #53 Daniel Te'O-Nesheim OLB 6'4" 263 I think we've said enough about him for most to be sold on him at this pick.  I think he will be a special one, saw an article where he says he has a reputation to uphold because he's fro HI, he said people tend to put those players in the tough and hard working column. #119 Ben Tate RB 5'11" 220   will be everything LM has not, big power back with sub 4.4 40 time.  Decent hands and good blocker, will be the 1st 1000 rusher since dillon. 
    Posted by Pats7393

I like Tate. Lot of good RB's available in the 2nd round. But, I don't think BB will draft a CB that early in the draft. I believe if Tebow is there at #22, BB will take him. Again, that's just my hunch. I also think BB is enamored with Dexter McCluster too. But who knows? I expect a complete curve ball thrown in this draft and to expect the unexpected. I real excited about the prime time slot and then the whole pause until the 2nd round on Friday. THIS is what is going to make things interesting. I can't wait!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

In Response to Last Draft Prediction to stick to... NO TRADES!:
    NO Trades allowed must pick the picks they have #22 through #53 Too impossible beyond that. If you think they are trading up for lets say JPP at 10 then put him at #22 and take that chance. Last picks accepted  for the purpose of this thread as of the draft bell. Lets see who is the Draft King in here. I'll include a question about trades of picks. my prediction: #22: OL Pouncey- Took me a while to come to this but if they stay at 22 he should be there and it makes sense. #44: OLB Jerry Hughes- I think he could be there but they might have to move up to early second to guarantee it and they have the bullets to get that done. #47: WR Golden Tate- Brady is smiling now this guy will be a seemless fit for the Patriots Passing game. And can take over for Moss in 2011. #53: RB Montario Hardesty- he is a guy I would be more comfortable taking in the 3rd but if we can't move #53 for a 3rd and 5th this year  and a 3rd next for example I would take him at 53 w/o much worry. Now I like that draft and it seems possible to me. Not reaching for anyone either. Now to the question...
    Posted by DaBlade

I disagree.  I think you reach in two spots with Hughes and Golden Tate.  After tomorrow we'll see on one because I think Hughes goes in the 1st round.  Tate is a tweener.  He could make it in the 1st or go early in the 2nd. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

#22 Kyle Wilson CB 5'10" 194 after months of changing this pick I come back to Wilson, there's a chance he or McCourty fall to 22.  In 2009 played in a nickel or dime formations 50% of the time.  You need play makers at CB in this NFL, Wilson can be a #1.  He and Butler are considered as solid cover CB with Wilson also a good run support guy.  Been a fan for a while now, won't call it yet but Wilson Island? lol #44 Koa Misi OLB 6'3" 251 Has done very well this offseason in LB drills, I like his motor and another player who will help this year.  He will be a great addition to a LB group. #47 Alex Carrington DE 6'5" 285 Solid player both against the run and providing a pass rush from the RDE side. #53 Daniel Te'O-Nesheim OLB 6'4" 263 I think we've said enough about him for most to be sold on him at this pick.  I think he will be a special one, saw an article where he says he has a reputation to uphold because he's fro HI, he said people tend to put those players in the tough and hard working column. #119 Ben Tate RB 5'11" 220   will be everything LM has not, big power back with sub 4.4 40 time.  Decent hands and good blocker, will be the 1st 1000 rusher since dillon. 
    Posted by Pats7393

I've been meaning to ask you for a time about your draft.  I don't understand your Carrington pick.  Kind of a project isn't he?  I have also thought the Te'O pick kinda high.  But if the guy's a fav I guess why not.  I want Ben Tate on this team real bad and I think you're crossing your fingers a bit on #119.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffectredux. Show mosseffectredux's posts

OL man is very possible.one of the keys in order for the pats to contend in the playoffs is for brady to have time to throw.or get there running game going to keep defenses honest.I banking on a pass rusher though with the number 22.probably from florida.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

In Response to Re: Last Draft Prediction to stick to... NO TRADES! : I like Tate. Lot of good RB's available in the 2nd round. But, I don't think BB will draft a CB that early in the draft. I believe if Tebow is there at #22, BB will take him. Again, that's just my hunch. I also think BB is enamored with Dexter McCluster too. But who knows? I expect a complete curve ball thrown in this draft and to expect the unexpected. I real excited about the prime time slot and then the whole pause until the 2nd round on Friday. THIS is what is going to make things interesting. I can't wait!
    Posted by mrbungle

BB's complete unpredictability is what makes the Pats' drafts so interesting. I cannot see him going CB with our #22. Likewise I can't see him spending a second round pick on Tebow, We just have too many needs to take a flyer on  QB who needs a couple of years before he's ready to play in the NFL.

Mccluster would be a lot of fun to watch but I just can't see us going to him in  the second round either.

Here's how I'd like it to go down;

Sergio Kindle 
    Carlos Dunlap
    Rob Gronkowski 
    Gerhart

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrbungle. Show mrbungle's posts

In Response to Re: Last Draft Prediction to stick to... NO TRADES! : BB's complete unpredictability is what makes the Pats' drafts so interesting. I cannot see him going CB with our #22. Likewise I can't see him spending a second round pick on Tebow, We just have too many needs to take a flyer on  QB who needs a couple of years before he's ready to play in the NFL. Mccluster would be a lot of fun to watch but I just can't see us going to him in  the second round either. I think we have too many needs for BB to get creative in the early rounds. In fact, my guess is that he trades oakland's #1 next year for a lower first rounder of upper second this year. Here's how I'd like it to go down; Round 1; Graham (1) or Kindle (2) Round 2; Carlos Dunlap,  Rob Gronkowski and Hardesy(1) or Gerhart(2). withn our trade for oakloand's pick (hopefully); arelious benn.               
    Posted by unclealfie

I was thinking the same thing with regards to trading next year's Oakland pick for a 2nd rounder. There is so much value in the 2nd round! Imagine 4 2nd round picks and maybe a 3rd round pick as well? People say we'd never trade next year's pick because of the rookie cap. I say that perhaps better value exists in this years 2nd round over any money you save on contracts for a 1st rounder next year. Keep our 1st round pick for 2011.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

In Response to Re: Last Draft Prediction to stick to... NO TRADES! : I've been meaning to ask you for a time about your draft.  I don't understand your Carrington pick.  Kind of a project isn't he?  I have also thought the Te'O pick kinda high.  But if the guy's a fav I guess why not.  I want Ben Tate on this team real bad and I think you're crossing your fingers a bit on #119.
    Posted by garytx

IMO the carrington pick is where around where he'll end up.  He's very good against the run and also brings as pass rush.  He has the tools to be a good DE.
    Te'O well might be although a few people are sold on him at 53, he has all the tools BBs looks for in a OLB.  he's also a leader on the field and off, I really like this guy and think he will be be a beast rushing the QB, 30 sacks in college is not bad.
    Ben Tate, he will be long gone by 119 but no trades here but he's the pick IMO at RB.  Seen a lot of his games and very impressed with him, a bit of a showoff but not bad more confidence than anything else so don't see a problem in the locker room.

I am absolutely convinced a CB is needed with one of the 1st two picks.  A guy who takes over that #3 spot, behind Butler and Bodden.  Right now you have springs, wihteley and wilhite hmm to me that doesn't really give me any good "vibes man" haha so I think Wilson, McCourty or Jackson are a target and will be drafted.

Wilhite did well his rookie season as the 4th CB, I see him in that spot and been good at it.  Wihtley who knows supposed to be a good cover CB but again who knows.  The Patriots are a 34 team, 2 CB set but they did spend close to 50% of defensive snaps last year in a nickel formation we need a 3rd solid CB.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In Response to Re: Last Draft Prediction to stick to... NO TRADES! : I was thinking the same thing with regards to trading next year's Oakland pick for a 2nd rounder. There is so much value in the 2nd round! Imagine 4 2nd round picks and maybe a 3rd round pick as well? People say we'd never trade next year's pick because of the rookie cap. I say that perhaps better value exists in this years 2nd round over any money you save on contracts for a 1st rounder next year. Keep our 1st round pick for 2011.
    Posted by mrbungle

If they're trading a pick from 2011, why not trade the assigned first rounder and keep the Oak pick?  Surely that will be a better pick.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In Response to Re: Last Draft Prediction to stick to... NO TRADES! : ... I believe if Tebow is there at #22, BB will take him....
    Posted by mrbungle

I'm not anti-Tebow from a value perspective, but that means getting him in the second round and developing him for a future trade.  I don't see the value at 22.  There are too many good football players there.  I think they'll be trying very hard to trade down but if they have to pick, I'm not seeing Tebow being the choice.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

In Response to Last Draft Prediction to stick to... NO TRADES!:

I think BB's man-crush on TE's resurfaces this year, and Gresham is the pick @ 22.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjaycee. Show jjaycee's posts

1-  ODRICK OR MORGAN- DE
    2A- HUGHES-OLB
    2B- DWYER-RB
    2C- ARENAS-C
    4-  ROLLE-S
    6A- COLEMAN-OLB
    6B- PUNTER
    7A- HAWKINS - CB
    7B- WHITE-WO
    7C- HULL-OLB
    7D- HOWARD-G
    7E- ESTES-C 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dwhite1220. Show dwhite1220's posts

#22 Dez Bryant, WR
    #44 Carlos Dunlap, OLB / DE
    #47Patrick Robinson, CB
    #53 Dennis Pitta, TE
    #119 LeGarrette Blount, RB

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from LAPats. Show LAPats's posts

22 -- Best 
    44 -- Alualu
    47 -- Sean Lee (why don't I see more about this guy?  seems like a bruschi to me)
    53 -- Decker

Much more concerned about our aging, undynamic offense than our D, which is why the reach for Best at 22.   Need another year to see how Butler, Chung, McKenzie, Brace develop before we throw in a whole new batch of youngsters into the D,  IMHO

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from akius. Show akius's posts

# 22 Dez Bryant 

if he is there and then trade up in second round to grab Sergio Kindle, or Huges or JPP whomever is there and all of a sudden we become the big dogs in this league again.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

#22 - Jared Odrick, DT Penn State

- makes us forget about Green asap, big motor/classy, a Warren type fixture for years (ideally we trade down to 25-29 to get him and pick up a 3rd rd pick)

#44 - Arrelius Benn, WR Illinois

- perfect #4 behind Moss/Holt and the Edelman (later Welker) slot spot, then a top 2 WR for years to come

#47 - Koa Misi, OLB Utah

- makes us forget about Thomas asap, 8-9 sack guy as a rookie

#53 - Vladamir DuCasse, OG UMass

- splits time w/ Neal, really strong, future fixture for years @ RG

I'd also LOVE for us to trade our future (#1 and #2 in '11, plus our 4th/6th rd picks this year) to hop back into the 2nd rd and get TE (Gronkowski) or a CB and the 3rd rd to get either the CB or TE (Hernadez/Pitta) we don't get in rd 2.

If we left the draft with starters at DE and OLB, a nasty young WR for Brady to have fun with, a solid TE who will be prefect splitting time w/ Crumpler in our system, an OG to shore of the right side and young legs @ CB to add to the solid Bodden/Butler pair then I will be thrilled.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-2007. Show pats-fan-2007's posts

#22 Gresham, TE. I really don't want another 1st Rd TE. But the need is glaring and Gresham can be a 3 down immediate contributor.

#44 C Brown, T. We need another OT to go along with Vollmer.

#47 T. Alualu , DT. Great motor and quickness for a 300lb guy. Has a knack for springing loose from OT's. If we make this pick, we'll see more 4-3 fronts.

#53 N. Bowman, OLB. Not much chatter about him. Smallish but great athlete. 1st Round talent if not for off the field issues.

#119 M. Gilliard, WR. His small stature lack of top end speed causes him to slide. But his is another Welker type.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from tenace4life. Show tenace4life's posts

The Patriots have two draft picks already ...  Tate the wide receiver from NC and MacKenzie the LB from Pitt . . . this year will really be their rookie season.  Now they have 12 selections in this years draft and not enough room on the team to keep all of them . . . so package some and move up in the draft this year . . . maybe two or three 7th rounders and a 5th rounder to move up to a third rounder.  I would not be against trading their own number one next year and a 6th and 7th rounder to get another pick in the 2nd or 3rd round this year. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

I'd love them to send their own #1 with a 6th or 7th for a #2 in the 35-50 range this year

I'd also love them to send their 4th rd pick this year w/ a 6th or 7th and prob their 3rd rd pick next year to get a 3rd rd pick this year in the 1st 10-15 picks of that rd

There will be a good TE, CB or OG available early 3rd rd and i'd like us to get into that area

If we lose our 1st/3rd in '11 it is no big deal b/c we have the Oakland pick and Brady/Moss only have a small window

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrustBill. Show TrustBill's posts

1. Carlos Dunlap, DE/OLB.
    2a. Ricky Sapp, OLB.
    2b. Damian Williams, WR.
    2c. Dennis Pitta, TE.
    4. Clifton Geathers, DE.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Pouncey
    Hernandez
    Sapp
    Tebow
    Arenas

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriots44. Show patriots44's posts

Posted by Pats7393
    BB won't draft any of these players

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

In Response to Re: Last Draft Prediction to stick to... NO TRADES! : BB won't draft any of these players
    Posted by patriots44

Why? You talked to him today?