LATE ROUND PICKS

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

LATE ROUND PICKS

who do you guys think are some potential sleepers we could have goin for us late?

we got 8 picks in the latter half of the draft with 7 picks in the last 2 rounds, 5 of them being untradeable.

i dunno about you guys but i love the later rounds of the draft.  its usually where you find the high character guys cuz they know they got work their butts off to just get a job...who do you wanna see us get?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kebbe. Show kebbe's posts

Re: LATE ROUND PICKS

ONLY FOUR ARE COMP PICKS WHICH CAN'T BE TRADED(ONE IN THE SIXTH AND THREE IN THE SEVENTH),BUT BE THAT AS IT MAY,THE PATS REALLY SHOULD INVEST A SIXTH ROUNDER IN A PUNTER AND WOULD BE MY CHOICE BUT THERE ARE THREE WHO PROJECT WELL,IT DEPENDS ON WHAT B.B. IS LOOKING FOR,SHEER LENGTH OR A GOOD DIRECTIONAL PUNTER.THERE ARE TWO LINEMEN WHO COULD MAKE THE TEAM AND HELP AND SHOULD BE CONSIDERED ARE O.L. NAMED MARINELLI FRON STANFORD AND A D.E. FROM RUTGERS NAMED JOHNSON.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

In Response to LATE ROUND PICKS:
    who do you guys think are some potential sleepers we could have goin for us late? we got 8 picks in the latter half of the draft with 7 picks in the last 2 rounds, 5 of them being untradeable. i dunno about you guys but i love the later rounds of the draft.  its usually where you find the high character guys cuz they know they got work their butts off to just get a job...who do you wanna see us get?
    Posted by dapats1281

You asked here are some guys probably some has never heard off but that I've been looking at for those late rounds by position:
    Defense
    OLB

Tim Knicky6'4" 252 4.63 40 7th round/UDFA big physical college (small school kid Stephen F. Austin) DE who is projected to transition to OLB.  Pass rusher that uses his speed, could be a pick to add depth and develop.  With speed you would think he could be a stand out special teams guy, will need to add some weight.
    Dexter Davis6'2" 244 4.62 40 6th/7th extremely gifted pass rusher, 31 sacks at Arizona State probably a better 43 OLB than a 34 but could be a situational LB or move to MLB.
    James Ruffin6'4" 264 4.76 40 6th/7th extremely strong player, played at Northern Iowa as a DE.  Will need to be coached in space, ended his college career with 25 sacks.  Does have some experience at OLB
    Danny Batten6'3" 246 4.71 40 bit undersized for OLB in 34 but is as good against the run.  High character and leader of his college D, Can be a good player at the next level.
    MLB
    Mike Johnson
    6'3" 248 football player, good against the run and pass.  Small school prospect, Noth Alabama.  One site called him a 4th round talent who will be a 7th or UDFA. 
    Mike McLaughlin6'0" 242 local kid, BC although a bit undersized I like how he plays the game.
    Lee Campbell6'3" 247 another guy who is a high character has played everything from DE OLB to ILB.  Is a smart player who should add nice depth to the LB group could be developed into a starter in time.
    DE/DT
    Mike Neal
    6'3" 293 5th/6th strong and holds up against the run and double teams.  Has speed to add a rush at the DE on inside DT spot.  Has some experience in dropping into zone coverage.
    Brandon Deaderick6'4" 314 6th/7th played in Alabama's 34 D, has played both NT and DE.  Better against the run than providing a consistent pass rush but has the strength to bull rush and collapse the pocket.
    Earl Mitchel 6'2" 296, was a TE and Hback in college before moving to DT.  Has good speed for a 296lb man (4.75) can add depth and possible nickel pass rushing DE and in a pinch a big FB on short yardage.
    Kade Weston 6'5" 325 4.99 40 DE probably an UDFA, will need to be developed.  He was the 3rd ranked DT out of high school.  At Georgia was part of a rotation at DT, durable player.  Size says inside guy but could be a run stopping DE, adds depth at NT.
    Robert Rose 6'4" 294 raw is a word to describe him, has not played football for long but at 295 ran a 4.75 at his pro day.  Not much tape to say what he lacks or doesn't but could be a player to develop into a good 34 pass rushing DE.
    CB/S
    Sam Shields 5'11" 183 played 3 years as WR and transitioned to CB.  Showed ability at CB in his single season at the position can help in the return game.  Fast kid, 4.32.
    Nolan Carroll 6'0" 204 good cover CB, broke his leg in 2009.  Falls to the 6th or 7th round because of the leg.  Could be a very good CB at the next level, was considered Maryland's top conver CB.
    Jeromy Miles 6'2" 210 Umass kid who was a Navy transfer.  Very instintive safety, very good covering deep or on the line.  Out of all these guys this is who I really would like to see on the team.  can play either SS or FS, he is fast as well.  I hope he's a patriot next year, high character leader of his D.  Leads by example and is willing to come up in run support.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BSII. Show BSII's posts

I like McLaughlin in a Larry Izzo type role.

P Zoltan Mesko Michigan 6'5" 232. Big lefty who kicked in crappy weather conditions.  Punter is a place an upgrade is needed.

QB Levi Brown Troy 6"3" 220.  Played in a spread out of shotgun.  Caught my eye in game vs. Dan LeFevour and Central Michigan, I thought he outplayed Lefevour.  Can run and throw.  Maybe a good practice squad candidate.

C Eric Olsen ND 6"4" 305.  Can play center or guard, only 1 sack allowed last year.  Listed as nasty and versatile.

RB James Starks Buffalo 6'2" 218.  Been in for a visit.  Missed his senior year.  Listed as power runner with good hands.  93 catches jr. and sr. year.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BSII. Show BSII's posts

Cody Grimm SS VA Tech 5'10" 210.  Russ Grimm's kid.  Undersized, not fast.  Productive, very hard worker. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

Trade 1st round to Tampa Bay #22 (780) and Thomas for #35 (550), # 67 (255) 

#22 Round 1 (trade down)

Round 2

#35 (receive in trade of #22) Jared Odrick DT/DE (Penn State)

#44 Jerry Hughes OLB (TCU)

#47 Rob Gronkowski TE (Arizona) or Jimmy Graham TE (Miami Florida)

#53 Jared Veldheer OT (Hillsdale) Height: 6-8   Weight: 315

Round3

#67 (recieve in trade) Toby Gerhart RB (Stanford)

Round 4

#119 Vince Oghobaase DE (Duke)     HT: 6'6" | WT: 300

Round 5 (Trade for)

O'Brien Schofield OLB/ILB (Wisconsin)  

Round 6 (receive one compensatory 6th round pick)

#190 Perry Riley OLB (LSU)

#205 Joe Webb QB/WR (UAB)- this guy looks like he could be the next endelman

Round 7 ( receive three 7th round compensatory picks + Philly’s + Denvers)

#229 Zoltan Mesko P (Michigan) or Jeremy Boone P (Penn State)

#231 Jameson Konz FB/OLB (Kent State) or Richard Dickson TE/FB (LSU)

#247 Chris Marinelli OT (Stanford)

#248 Seyi Ajirotutu WR (Fresno State) Height: 6-4 | Weight: 204  or Curtis Steele RB (Memphis)

#250 Patrick Stoudamire CB (Western Illinois)

UDFA

Trindon Holiday WR/KR(LSU) 5-5, 162, 4.27 small but extremely fast with good hands.

Ramon Harewood OT (Morehouse College)

David Nelson WR (Florida) Height: 6-5 | Weight: 212 | 38” vertical leap |4.57 in the 40

Jeff Byers OL (USC) Height: 6-4 | Weight: 301

Sam Shields WR/CB (Miami FL)  Height: 5-11 | Weight: 183 | 10” hands |sub 4.4 40 time

Nolan Carroll CB (Maryland) Height: 6-0 | Weight: 204 | 4.37 40 time 

J’Marcus Webb  OT  (west Texas A&M) Height: 6-7 | Weight: 335

Jeron Mastrud, TE  (Kansas State) Height: 6-6 | Weight: 256

Scott Long, WR (Louisville) Height: 6-2 | Weight: 216

Matt Dodge, P (East Carolina) Height: 6-2 | Weight: 224

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boston-kyle. Show Boston-kyle's posts

Keep an eye on Micah Johnson - I think hes a great ILB depth player from Kentucky... tackling machine. worth a 4th round pick