LAURENCE MARONEY

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TateGroup. Show TateGroup's posts

Re: LAURENCE MARONEY

In Response to Re: LAURENCE MARONEY:
    In Response to Re: LAURENCE MARONEY : I agree. Guaranteed, Marshall starts dogging it as soon as his first check clears the bank. Too much temptation in NYC for a punk like him; he'll ne doing the pacman circuit of 3AM strip clubs carrying a gun and $80 grand cash in his packet, for sure. Odds are /> 50/50 that he's in jail by the end of the season.  Likewise maroney will finally get head out of his hindquarters in this his contract year. But, please, pats hierarchy, don't fall for it. He'll be a bum again as soon as he gets another long term contract. 
    Posted by unclealfie

yea thats why we will franchise him(if he does good), and draft a RB in '11 draft, thank god some1 knows what im talking about with this Marshall thing, hes gunna pull a Plaxico

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

In Response to Re: LAURENCE MARONEY : Maroney is not that bad guys. He is a bottom level Tier 1 guy. Name me one 2nd level guy on another team you would rather have.
    Posted by One-If-By-Sea

by 2nd level guy I assume u mean non starter.  I am basing this list on last year.  Yes some have moved up, but LM has been here 4 yrs.
    J Stewart.
    R Mendenhall
    S Greene
    J Norwood
    Whatever Miami back is officially #2
    #2 back on Balt
    Just to name a few

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TateGroup. Show TateGroup's posts

do umean Ray Rice? id rather have him over ANYONE! in the NFL(as long as were talking about tier 2 guys, cus we all know DeAngelo Williams is the BEST in the leuge)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

Maroney wasn't terrible last year. He was doing very well until the fumbling issues started. He danced less and less as time went on as well. I noticed he was getting hit by about three defenders the second he got the ball. No running back is going to good when they are getting hit by multiple defenders on the line.

I agree, he does need to step up his game. However, I would also blame injuries and the lack of open gaps to run through on his disappointing performance.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TateGroup. Show TateGroup's posts

hopfully we can re-sign mankins to a contract were he starts to run block better, our team has never had the best run blockers, and maybe Pat Paschall turns out nicely, who knows? but what happend to lawfirm? its like him dissapeared, no1 talks about him, he needs a shot and WE NEED TO CUT SAMMY AND TAYLOR!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Maroney regressed in 2009. It's do or die for him this year.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

Maroney gets abused by fans and the press for dancing behind the line of scrimmage a lot. Its hard to go through a hole when there isnt one there. He is the fastest back on the team and is often waitng for the line to create a hole that never appears. At that time he has to try to make something on his own and cut back. That is not dancing. And though the timing of his fumbles last year was horrible it has never been a problem in the past. We dont try to set up the pass with the run we throw first and mix in a few runs to try and keep the defense honest. If we had Mike Shannihan has an OC (never would happen but go with it) we would be a team that runs first and uses the tight end more to eventually open up the deep ball. But arent that type of team. Recently we started drafting bigger more physical guys with decent foot speed so maybe we are going to change our approach but in the past it has always been pass first. Maroney would be a beast in a run first style offense with an offensive line that loves to block.   This is all just my opinion ofcourse but there are some key factors you have to consider to be fair. 1st - We change running backs up on every series it seems which makes it harder for the offensive line to get a feel for the runner and for the runner to get in a rhythm and and get a feel of the defenses speed and tendencies. 2nd - We dont run it enough or with "attitude". 3rd - Maroney was hurt a few times during his first few years here.     There is no doubt that he has alot to prove but Belichik obviously thinks he has the ability or he wouldnt be here. Bill meets with him on a regular basis once a week to study film and go over what the defense is trying to do so that just shows that he isnt a waste of time because Bill Belichik doent seem like the type of guy to waste time. At the very least it costs nothing to see if he is the man or not and with 4 picks in the draft next year in the first 2 rounds if he isnt then he will be replaced. But I would hate to release him and watch him go to a team that run blocks better and suddenly he lights it up. He has averaged almost 4 yards a carry with few reps and an o-line that is designed to pass protect.
    Posted by dshort3333

Really because whenever Faulk or Morris get the ball they seem to run ahead without hestitation and consistently pick up positive yardage so I don't know what Maroney's problem is that he has to prance around like a little schoolgirl back there. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from datdude401. Show datdude401's posts

In Response to Re: LAURENCE MARONEY : How about ... "Maroney is not allowed within 1300 yards of our football team, unless he's playing for the opposition."
    Posted by themightypatriotz

Thats gotta be one of the funniest comments ever!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TateGroup. Show TateGroup's posts

we need matt light out, hes too old and injury prone

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from andyroo. Show andyroo's posts

In Response to LAURENCE MARONEY:
    ok this is what will happen this season, LM will be fighting for an extension and i expect LM to rush for 1300+ yards, then we will franchise tag him while draftin Mark inrgam next year, people may be skepticle, but LM is the type of player that will fight for money or a playoff run, usually he takes plays off, and ifhe does this year expect him to be cut or traded for a 5ht round pick by week 6
    Posted by TateGroup

Anyone who has watched the Maroney carry the ball for the last 3-4 years knows what a wimp he is when approaching the line, he STOPS.  HS & College RB are all tought otherwise and know better.  He's a wimp!

Watch Pat Paschall's films.  He will turn out to be dark horse secret  of this year's acquisitions if they play him.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from LasVegasPatsFan. Show LasVegasPatsFan's posts

He'll get his 1300 yards when he rushes his way to his new team in 2011

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

i just looked at his twitter page...its the most insanely stupid thing i have ever seen.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mcboyd22. Show mcboyd22's posts

Totally agree with you One if by Sea....

Maroney needs to be put in space...playcalling is too predictable...leave him in on 3rd down...play faulk on first down...change something up...true fans that watch all the games know what play is coming...I'm sure the defense does, as well...

I really thought he was progressing nicely last season until the fumbles started...

In Response to Re: LAURENCE MARONEY : 1. J Stewart? 38 years old? REALLY? 2. R Mendenhall; 2008 1st round pick; 2nd tier guy? Nope. 3. S. Greene; he is 2nd tier to LT? I think not. LT is the 2nd tier guy. You want LT? 4. J Norwood; 76 attempts for a 3.3 yards per carry in 2009? 5. R Williams; 33 years old? REALLY? We already have a bevy of old guys. You want more? Should we have drafted Mendenhall or Greene? Yes probably. But we didn't. Would we rather have Mendenhall or Greene rather than Maroney? Yup. But those guys are not an option. Would I rather have Mangold than Koppen? Would I rather have Revis than Bodden? Yup and Yup. Does that mean Koppen and Bodden are awful. Nope (well maybe Kpoppen is weak but you see my point). We have Maroney and he is not that bad. Are there better guys? YES. Is Maroney useless. Nope. Get a "run blocking" line and he will do a lot better.
    Posted by One-If-By-Sea

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TateGroup. Show TateGroup's posts

i just looked at his twitter page...its the most insanely stupid thing i have ever seen.
    Posted by artielang

was it something like this?

@murphylee bruh i been told u weneva bruh

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TateGroup. Show TateGroup's posts

LM just needs a chance, he did great when he got his chance, but BB put him on too tight of a leash, did u guys see the saints game? he fumbled then went and took the ball back, thats pretty hard to do, when ur taking it from a
    DT

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

Bobbysu - most of Brady's passes all decade have been of the short variety you are describing.  BB and Brady see Maroney every day in practice.  If Dancing With the Stars were any good at catching short passes, they would have him do it.  Just like if the tight ends had been better at catching passes, Brady would have thrown to them more. 

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from andyroo. Show andyroo's posts

we know what maroney is by now. he will be the same this year as he's been in the past. start off slow, get trashed in the media for dancing instead of hitting the holes, he'll have a few decent games, then either get hurt or start fumbling and lose the confidence of the coaching staff. then his contract will be up and he will be gone. the end.
    Posted by artielang

Right on Brother

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TampaPete. Show TampaPete's posts

Maroney seems to be the scapegoat for unhappy Pats fans.  Of course, the same people who bash LM like to bash BB, Brady, and Kraft.

Maroney has home run speed.  He can make people miss.  He plays with energy and enthusiasm.  He never runs out of bounds to avoid a hit.  He does what the coaches ask and doesn't complain. 

My only criticism is that maybe he tries too hard because he listens too much to the fans' criticism.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Well, Pete, you  make some valid points.

I would hope that a guy who has chosen to play a game for a living would play with energy and enthusiasm.  I hate those guys who play with lethargy and indifference. And you're right, he can make people miss, if you open a six-lane highway for him and turn him loose on a linebacker who misread the play. And I also agree with your one criticism . . .  trying too hard is what makes him fumble not a lot, but only in key situations . . . like on the goal-line.

Frankly, I like Maroney.

He doesn't blow anywhere near as much as Corey Dillon fan thinks.

And he isn't anywhere near as good as Kool-Ade chugger would like us to believe.

He's okay.

He's not going to set the fandom on fire this season.

And the same fandom isn't going to miss him when he's gone next season.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BTownExpress. Show BTownExpress's posts

Maroney seems to be the scapegoat for unhappy Pats fans.  Of course, the same people who bash LM like to bash BB, Brady, and Kraft. Maroney has home run speed.  He can make people miss.  He plays with energy and enthusiasm.  He never runs out of bounds to avoid a hit.  He does what the coaches ask and doesn't complain.  My only criticism is that maybe he tries too hard because he listens too much to the fans' criticism.
    Posted by TampaPete

I believe Maroney gets bashed because he was a #1 pick who showed potential.  Lots of people ran out to get their Maroney jerseys, believing that he was going to be Dillon-like in performance (not style).  In the end, the team had to acquire a lot of journeyman to keep a running game on the field.

Personally, I'm not interested in what the name is on the jersey- just that the team has a running game to balance the attack.  However, it sure would be ideal to have that single RB take most of the runs; be productive.

The last thing the team wants to do is make it to the play-offs without a running game; show an unbalanced attack.  I believe a steady running game is going to give the opposition fits this year.  Of course, this implies that the WR corps is much improved; more balanced, as well.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

The WR corps is definitely much improved, but more balanced we have to wait and see who gains Brady's trust. Afterall, he is dispersing the ball. 

I'm neutral on Maroney. Don't like, don't hate him. I think he frustrates me more than anything because you can see he has it, but just when you do, it's as gone as fast as you saw it by fumbling on the goal-line or dancing, or whatever. 
    He makes you want to believe and route for him, which I do, but then you curse yourself because he made you believe in him for a split second. I may sounds like Sybil, but yes, that's exactly the way he makes us fans feel. 

Personally, I want to get him some more touches and stop this committee crap. They guy was a damn 1st round pick and lit it up at Minnesota. Lets put the ball more in his hands, get him into a rhythm. It should help him siginficantly that he has Crump and Gronk blocking for him at TE. You stick Crump, Vollmer and Mankins on the same side and let Maroney run to that side all day long. Hell, put Hernandez in at fullback and ask him to level a few people before Maroney hits the hole.