LAURENCE MARONEY

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TateGroup. Show TateGroup's posts

LAURENCE MARONEY

ok this is what will happen this season, LM will be fighting for an extension and i expect LM to rush for 1300+ yards, then we will franchise tag him while draftin Mark inrgam next year, people may be skepticle, but LM is the type of player that will fight for money or a playoff run, usually he takes plays off, and ifhe does this year expect him to be cut or traded for a 5ht round pick by week 6

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boston-kyle. Show Boston-kyle's posts

Re: LAURENCE MARONEY

haha I love the optimistic view point for Maroney. Maroney would have to get at least 300 carries in 2010 to rush for over 1300 yards. you honestly expect the patriots to abandon their pass first offense for Maroney? I cant see that and I cant see him getting that many carries when all it takes is 1 play to make BB unhappy and throw Fred Taylor or Sammy Morris into the game.

outlook for maroney is pretty bleak.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TateGroup. Show TateGroup's posts

nahh, he will get the ball maybe 200-250 times, depending if BB puts SM or FT in more

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boston-kyle. Show Boston-kyle's posts

1,300 yards on 200 carries??? thats a 6.5 yards per carry average. I dont think so.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TateGroup. Show TateGroup's posts

players have great years when they fight for a contract, look at Marshall, and average player who has been fightibng for the last 3years(his only good years) and thats why the phins wont go past 5-11, they gave him a fat contract so he doesnt have to work as hard...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In Response to Re: LAURENCE MARONEY:
    players have great years when they fight for a contract, look at Marshall, and average player who has been fightibng for the last 3years(his only good years) and thats why the phins wont go past 5-11, they gave him a fat contract so he doesnt have to work as hard...
    Posted by TateGroup

On talent alone Brandon Marshall is a top 5 WR in the NFL, he is by no means average.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

Posted this on the mock thread because it was also posted there LM will rush for 1300 so sharing the wealth in this thread as well,
    LM rushing for 1300,
    and I will have 150 tackles, 12 sacks and 10 INTs as the starting MLB for the Patriots, Mayo move over.

He will find it tough to gain yards from the bench, at 3.9 yrd (2009 average) per rush he will have to carry the ball 342 times thats 21 a game or take is highest avg 4.5 he will need to carry 288 times or 18 a game, do you really see that's happening? him carrying that much or him averaging 4.5 per carry?  The most he's carried is 194 last year when he the fumbling bug and because all other RBs were hurt, won't happen.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boston-kyle. Show Boston-kyle's posts

I dont get your argument with Marshall - hes been a 100 reception receiver every year averaging over 1200 yards for the past 3 years. Last year was his worst year in terms of stats neglecting his rookie year. So fighting for a contract DOES NOT make any sense with marshall. Along with having maroney fighting for a contract and average 6.5 yards a carry while running over 1300 yards in a pass first offsense doesnt make much sense.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TateGroup. Show TateGroup's posts

look to see Marshall dog it this year.. look to see LM do great... and when they do you can expect a big fat "i told ya so"

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boston-kyle. Show Boston-kyle's posts

Marshalls stats might dip due to Chad Henne throwing him the ball and the Fins emphasis on running rather than passing. Ill gladly accept a "I told you so" if Maroney does the things you stated. Running for 1,300 yards on 200 carries while averaging 6.5 yards per carry, you should probably add also that Maroney will get 20 TDs also just cuz its his contract year.

Keep in mind that these stats you say are based on the Patriots completely changing their philosophy of passing 65 - 70% of the plays. AND its under the assumption that Maroney will stay healthy all year. AND is under the assumption that Maroney will be able carry the entire workload of the running attack (Something hes never done before - he split time with Barber in college)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from datdude401. Show datdude401's posts

Note: Maroney and 1300 yds SHOULD never be used in same paragraph let alone sentence.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BTownExpress. Show BTownExpress's posts

Personally, I do not believe that Maroney is the answer; never did.  The Maroney predictions and optimisism don't even work on Maroney fans, anymore.

I hope the team gets a new RB; is able to get something for Maroney.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

Note: Maroney and 1300 yds SHOULD never be used in same paragraph let alone sentence.
    Posted by datdude401

How about ... "Maroney is not allowed within 1300 yards of our football team, unless he's playing for the opposition."

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stompper. Show Stompper's posts

The only 1300 yards Maroney will do is walking to his car in the parking lot. NUF said

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from KMizza. Show KMizza's posts

If Maroney gets 300 carries this season... please be prepared for at least 50 fumbles! 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats3392. Show pats3392's posts

Maroney needs to pack his bags cause he's getting traded this weekend during the draft with his buddy Adalius Thomas 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TateGroup. Show TateGroup's posts

Marshalls stats might dip due to Chad Henne throwing him the ball and the Fins emphasis on running rather than passing. Ill gladly accept a "I told you so" if Maroney does the things you stated. Running for 1,300 yards on 200 carries while averaging 6.5 yards per carry, you should probably add also that Maroney will get 20 TDs also just cuz its his contract year.   Keep in mind that these stats you say are based on the Patriots completely changing their philosophy of passing 65 - 70% of the plays. AND its under the assumption that Maroney will stay healthy all year. AND is under the assumption that Maroney will be able carry the entire workload of the running attack (Something hes never done before - he split time with Barber in college)
    Posted by Boston-kyle

ehh maybe 8-12 TDs, LM fumbles alot on the goalline

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TateGroup. Show TateGroup's posts

you guys are haters lol, LM was doing great mid season, till he started fumbling, he acutally had a 100 yd game!!! agianst the Titans none theless, but still, 75+ yds for LM is an accomplishment, if we take a RB it wont be n 1st two rounds, unless u wanna settle for the decent ones then this year other then the superstar Ingram, hes a beast with everything, barrels over people, wins hiesmans over QBs, DTs, and Toby lol, just wait, we might get Hardesty if anything but dont expect any of the top 3 backs in a pats uniform, and with all the talk about drafting a RB maroney has to be a wee bit scared, if he didnt dance soo much he might acutally do good, and if u recall he almost

ALMOST,stoped dancing, but he bcame a scaredy cat again, and just triend to tip toe throught defenders arms, instead of lowering his head and busting some black people(and white, but most NFL players are black, not racist, its a fact)

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TateGroup. Show TateGroup's posts

that or take Ryan M. from fresno, dudes a beast

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrbungle. Show mrbungle's posts

IMO, the Patriots can't afford to "wait" another year for LM to live up to his expectations. We are in a very competitive division and all we need is for LM to fumble once and blow an important win. I don't know if I could handle another year watching him see the hole and then, rather than hit it without hesistation, he stutter steps. Trade him on Thursday for a 5th rounder. Get young at RB. Grab Gerhardt or Anthony Dixon in the 2nd round.

Either one of these backs will be a huge improvement over Laura "I Think I Get It Now" Maroney. Time's up!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TateGroup. Show TateGroup's posts

well we singed him fer what 4-5 years? we did that for a reason, and he has 1 last year, mineaswell set high expectations right?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Maroney needs to pack his bags cause he's getting traded this weekend during the draft with his buddy Adalius Thomas 
    Posted by pats3392

Yeah for a role of tape and a stop watch!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TateGroup. Show TateGroup's posts

well AD is gone, now for LM to go? anyway still expect a big year

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsBermuda. Show PatsBermuda's posts

Maroney is a BUM

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

Well first of all I think the Passing game will be much improved and add to that the addition of Crumpler will improve the running game. I could see Maroney having a 1000 yard year. Expecting more then that though is not likely going to happen with the strength still in the passing game. You have to remember Moss is likely going to be healthy (had shoulder issues last season) and he is in the last year of his deal. He will play his @ss off to make sure he gets one last Great deal.