LB depth going foward

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bspikes55. Show Bspikes55's posts

LB depth going foward

Ik this may be nit picking put as Tarpinian goes to the ir spikes still hurt fletcher somthing strange is going on with him our only healthy lbs r mayo,white whose lost us ny game and guyton who has honestly regressed.IS there anyone out there we could sign for depth we do also have ninc who plas everywhere or do u think this will be a issue

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Re: LB depth going foward

We haven't had Spikes, Mayo and their backup Fletcher all healthy for any length of time this season and it has most definitely affected us.  We should sign somebody soon I would think, someone who can probably contribute to special teams as well. 

Here's to hoping a hopeless team will cut a solid vet due to contract concerns soon...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Adalius has got to be bored right now...and I KNOW he is available...

Im just saying....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

idk... i am beginning to wonder if this bend but not break approach may have something to do with the LBs having a hard time keeping healthy

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Didn't they sign that guy from Tampa, Linebacker/special teams guy?

THis thing with Fletcher is a puzzling one (thumb). He's been out most of the season, why not just ir him? You got to figure he was a guy that needed to gather some experience to help us and he hasn't played, so how is he going to help if/when he comes back?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Mt, I thought the same. Chung is out there w/ a cast on his bad thumb.

I've seen guys with bigger resumes get put on I/R before the bye week.

Either they really feel he can help going forward and are so concerned with the current health of backing corp that he needs to stick around, or he is Bill's long lost son..lol

If I had to guess, I think they would have I/R'ed him a couple weeks ago, then Spikes got hurt and Tarpanian too, so I think if someone else got injured they would have to call a guy like A.D. and they dont wanna go there..lol

So now Dane is on standby in case someone else gets hurt, maybe they force him back..IDK, its anyones guess. I liked what I saw in preseason and all we can do is hope he contributes somewhere, but hard to imagin him just coming in for the playoffs and making in impact.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

In Response to LB depth going foward:
    [QUOTE]Ik this may be nit picking put as Tarpinian goes to the ir spikes still hurt fletcher somthing strange is going on with him our only healthy lbs r mayo,white whose lost us ny game and guyton who has honestly regressed.IS there anyone out there we could sign for depth we do also have ninc who plas everywhere or do u think this will be a issue
    Posted by Bspikes55[/QUOTE]

Guyton didnt regress - he has never played with any instincts. He puts in effort and is fast. But he is a poor tackler who takes bad angles. Nothing has changed with him.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kjfiton. Show kjfiton's posts

In Response to Re: LB depth going foward:
    [QUOTE]In Response to LB depth going foward : Guyton didnt regress - he has never played with any instincts. He puts in effort and is fast. But he is a poor tackler who takes bad angles. Nothing has changed with him.
    Posted by portfolio1[/QUOTE]

i agree, he is kind of like the opposite of spikes... spikes isn't as fast but has great instincts and a solid tackler.. they both work hard.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

[QUOTE]We haven't had Spikes, Mayo and their backup Fletcher all healthy for any length of time this season and it has most definitely affected us.  We should sign somebody soon I would think, someone who can probably contribute to special teams as well.  Here's to hoping a hopeless team will cut a solid vet due to contract concerns soon...
    Posted by wozzy[/QUOTE]

Would they ever reach the Patriots?
    I hear Carolina is so depleted with LB they would pick up anyone at this point. It would have to be a very onerous contract!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to LB depth going foward : Guyton didnt regress - he has never played with any instincts. He puts in effort and is fast. But he is a poor tackler who takes bad angles. Nothing has changed with him.
    Posted by portfolio1[/QUOTE]

you forgot and takes plays off where he acts like he just doesnt care.
    if we werent so short, he should not be on our team

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from siestafiesta. Show siestafiesta's posts

"Didn't they sign that guy from Tampa, Linebacker/special teams guy? "

Yes.  That would be Niko Koutouvides

They're also giving Tracy White more reps on D

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: LB depth going foward : you forgot and takes plays off where he acts like he just doesnt care. if we werent so short, he should not be on our team
    Posted by brdbreu[/QUOTE]

I agree this guy's effort is not always where it should be. This guy is a prime example of a player that actually does have all the physical skills you look for at linebacker and yet tries to just get by. He plays soft, I've actually seen him avoid taking on blocks etc, and then try to run around them to make the play. I've seen him reel in his arms and the back just goes running by...when he could of made the play...no wonder he's the only young guy we got that stays healthy. The worst part is I've seen him take on blocks when he wants to put the effort in and he can do it. Believe it or not he's probably the fastest linebacker on the team and his size is good too.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: LB depth going foward : Would they ever reach the Patriots? I hear Carolina is so depleted with LB they would pick up anyone at this point. It would have to be a very onerous contract!
    Posted by patsbandwagonsince76[/QUOTE]

Some vets have the option to go where they want, I'm sure they'd rather latch on to a contender at this point.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Nink @ WLB, Spikes @ MLB and Mayo @ SLB. That's the best New England will put out there this season. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: LB depth going foward : I agree this guy's effort is not always where it should be. This guy is a prime example of a player that actually does have all the physical skills you look for at linebacker and yet tries to just get by. He plays soft, I've actually seen him avoid taking on blocks etc, and then try to run around them to make the play. I've seen him reel in his arms and the back just goes running by...when he could of made the play...no wonder he's the only young guy we got that stays healthy. The worst part is I've seen him take on blocks when he wants to put the effort in and he can do it. Believe it or not he's probably the fastest linebacker on the team and his size is good too.
    Posted by mthurl[/QUOTE]

ive seen the watching runners go by. i know he has speed. deite this he is notgreat in coverage. and he is not great against the run. how can hebe a patriot if he doesnt give all his effort all the time?