league source: Vince Wilfork has torn Achilles - almost certainly ends his season

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

league source: Vince Wilfork has torn Achilles - almost certainly ends his season

49m

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

Horrible, just horrible if true.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Re: league source: Vince Wilfork has torn Achilles - almost certainly ends his season

It just won't be the same watching the D without big Vince out there.

---------------------------------------------

"Being the best doesn't mean you always win. It just means you win more than anybody else."  Text received by Tom Brady from Kurt Warner after Ravens loss.

view my Patriots photoshops at patsfanfotoshop.tumblr.com

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from yakv. Show yakv's posts

Re: league source: Vince Wilfork has torn Achilles - almost certainly ends his season

from rotoworld

Vince Wilfork has been diagnosed with a torn Achilles' tendon.

If true, it means Wilfork's season is over, and that the Patriots have a gaping hole on the front line of their defense. Wilfork went down in the first quarter of Sunday night's win, and did not return. Wilfork has missed just six games in 10 NFL seasons, and zero since 2009. Joe Vellano and Chris Jones are next up on the depth chart, though the Pats will likely be in the market for help.

That Sucks we were already pretty thin on DL , 

can BB bury the hatchet and bring back Richard Seymour  ??

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to yakv's comment:

That ship has sailed........ and sunk!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from yakv. Show yakv's posts

I wonder whats the status of dobson and dennard 

dennard was limping out of his play didnt look good at all 

here is a list of available DT FA 

1. Casey Hampton
    2. Sione Pouha 
    3. Shaun Cody, NT, Texans. Age: 30. 
    4. Antonio Johnson, DT, Colts. Age: 28. 
    5. Clinton McDonald (RFA), DT, Seahawks. Age: 26. 
    6. Justin Bannan, DT, Broncos. Age: 34. 
    7. Rocky Bernard, DT, Giants. Age: 34. 
    8. Spencer Johnson, DT, Bills. Age: 31. 
    9. Leger Douzable, DT, Titans. Age: 28. 
    10. Ryan McBean, DT, Ravens. Age: 29. 
    11. Corvey Irvin (RFA), DT, Buccaneers. Age: 28. 
    12. Maake Kemoeatu, NT, Ravens. Age: 34. 
    13. Brian Schaefering, DE/DT, Cowboys. Age: 30. 
    14. Ty Warren, DT, Broncos. Age: 32. 
    15. Amobi Okoye, DT, Bears. Age: 26. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hang3xc. Show hang3xc's posts

Yeah, and maybe place a call to Jerry Rice to shore up our wide receiver corps?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

Certainly this is bad news. Any update on the timeline on Armstead, even though he is not playing nose tackle and he had not been in training camp and does not really know the system.

Living well is the best revenge.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

shalise manza young @shalisemyoung 49m

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

Horrible, just horrible if true.

It did not even look that serious when they showed the replay. That said, he looks considerably heavier than at the end of last season. That may have played a role.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

Can the people who were asking to draft a DT now say... I told you so?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Just a huge loss really tough break for he and the team. Next man up.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

We'll need help...

He can tackle, pass, head,
    Michael Carrick is a Red.
    Gerrard, Lampard, Fabregas,
    Your not fit to wipe his @r$3!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

I wonder whats the status of dobson and dennard 

dennard was limping out of his play didnt look good at all 

here is a list of available DT FA 

1. Casey Hampton
    2. Sione Pouha 
    3. Shaun Cody, NT, Texans. Age: 30. 
    4. Antonio Johnson, DT, Colts. Age: 28. 
    5. Clinton McDonald (RFA), DT, Seahawks. Age: 26. 
    6. Justin Bannan, DT, Broncos. Age: 34. 
    7. Rocky Bernard, DT, Giants. Age: 34. 
    8. Spencer Johnson, DT, Bills. Age: 31. 
    9. Leger Douzable, DT, Titans. Age: 28. 
    10. Ryan McBean, DT, Ravens. Age: 29. 
    11. Corvey Irvin (RFA), DT, Buccaneers. Age: 28. 
    12. Maake Kemoeatu, NT, Ravens. Age: 34. 
    13. Brian Schaefering, DE/DT, Cowboys. Age: 30. 
    14. Ty Warren, DT, Broncos. Age: 32. 
    15. Amobi Okoye, DT, Bears. Age: 26. 

Hampton and Paoua are old, but talented DTs...both worth a look IMHO.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

wow, tough tough loss.

"Giggedy, Giggedy!"

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

how about we help the browns with their fire sale and trade for Phil Taylor. A 3rd might do it for a 1 year rental and who knows maybe we could resign him.

with enough thrust, pigs fly just fine!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

if true, it will put a big hurt on this D.  Will need another big man who can at least help plug up the middle. A Wilfork/Ted Washington type would be nice.....

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

This is not the kind of news I wanted when I woke up

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Arg, I wish we had more depth at DT and now Clev is winning. If Clev was 0-4 I'd put in the call for Taylor, well worth a 1st at this point

I swear by lil 10 pound bearded baby Jesus

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to ma6dragon9's comment:

In response to seattlepat70's comment:

[QUOTE]

Can the people who were asking to draft a DT now say... I told you so?

This is, without a doubt, one of the single DUMBEST posts I've ever read. That is saying quite a bit considering the posters around here.

Yeah, Vince may miss his first game since 2009, "you certainly told us so". Fking moron.

[/QUOTE]

Dragon, though I don't think anyone would have predicted Wilfork to get injured many saw that we were really thin at the position and didn't have a ton of talent. Drafting one would have helped the depth and maybe helped to soften this lose

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Agree Eng, and I hate to do the I told you so stuff, but a lot of us...you included, called for us drafting a DT for the past few years. 

Impossible to replace Vince. I think the pats will have to bring in another DT, but curious if it will be a big body, or, a guy like Francis ...a smaller DT and play with a smaller, faster line. Not the ideal solution, but could we see jones move inside with buchannon on th edge like we have seen a few times this year? 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

This really takes the shine off of last nights' win. Playing on that awful artificial garbage last night resulted in a ton of leg injuries for each team:  http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/09/30/report-vince-wilfork-tore-achilles-tendon/

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptnCrunch. Show CaptnCrunch's posts

if true, Vince will be missed, but more for his presence and leadership on the field than for his actual play. I feel the Atlanta game shows that they will be OK with more mobility up front thanks to our oversized and strong  LB play. "Next man up" works again As it has for the last decade. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

Big Vince will be sorely missed.  Terrible news. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

Deer Antler Spray!!!! give Ray Ray a call.....He is in Bristol, Conn now....not too far...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

This is terrible news to wake up to, I thought he had a twisted ankle considering he walked off on his own last night... if he was injured prior to this game, why was this not detected, more importantly why didn't he get a game or two off?  I hate to second guess the training staff but it would have been better to ride out a stretch of games without him than lose him completely.  Joe Vellano might have a future as a situational pass rusher, but as an every down starter he gets moved off his spot way to easy, teams will run all over us, not to mention that Tommy Kelly is not exactly young.  

We have to make a move on a player in trade or pray that AJ Francis is ready to play, also that Armstead is ready after two more games...