LeGarrette Blount

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Re: LeGarrette Blount

Blount isn't all sunshine, bunnies and kittens.  He punched out players in college.  He punched players in the NFL.  I think there's a third altercation with the fans too. 

BB actively goes out and drafts these types of people.  The second Rutgers pick, Mr. Duron, has absolutely nothing to write home about except he hits like a truck.  Last year's Mr. Alphonso just got 30 days for punching a cop, but Dennard made the team and started.  Meriweather kicked another player in college, which isn't quite kosher when the play is dead and the other guy's on the ground.  Then there's Rodney Harrison.

So, the next question is, has Blount recovered from his long-term injuries, the ones that all RBs have, enough to hold down a job on third and short with the Pats ahead by 21 points?  Everybody in the stadium knows that the Pats want to run the ball.  Some big fat guy has to drive it off tackle.  BB is going to squeeze somebody or other onto the PUP list.  If Blount has anything still in the tank, he goes in.  Better yet, if the Pats are playing someone with a surly attitude such as Baltimore or the Jets, Blount goes in. 

If BB can get half a season out of Blount, the guy will be worth a seventh.  Otherwise, BB shot a seventh rounder on a gamble. 

As for Demps, I assume that he's so gone and the Pats know it.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In response to Paul_K's comment:

Blount isn't all sunshine, bunnies and kittens.  He punched out players in college.  He punched players in the NFL.  I think there's a third altercation with the fans too. 

BB actively goes out and drafts these types of people.  The second Rutgers pick, Mr. Duron, has absolutely nothing to write home about except he hits like a truck.  Last year's Mr. Alphonso just got 30 days for punching a cop, but Dennard made the team and started.  Meriweather kicked another player in college, which isn't quite kosher when the play is dead and the other guy's on the ground.  Then there's Rodney Harrison.

So, the next question is, has Blount recovered from his long-term injuries, the ones that all RBs have, enough to hold down a job on third and short with the Pats ahead by 21 points?  Everybody in the stadium knows that the Pats want to run the ball.  Some big fat guy has to drive it off tackle.  BB is going to squeeze somebody or other onto the PUP list.  If Blount has anything still in the tank, he goes in.  Better yet, if the Pats are playing someone with a surly attitude such as Baltimore or the Jets, Blount goes in. 

If BB can get half a season out of Blount, the guy will be worth a seventh.  Otherwise, BB shot a seventh rounder on a gamble. 

As for Demps, I assume that he's so gone and the Pats know it.

I forgot that fan incident, some guy said Blount told some friends to beat him up after a car accident after a game. I don't think he said Blount participated but the details have faded. I also don't think anything came of it, at least as far as Blount is concerned. So who knows what to make of it?

Anyway, Blount is not a short yardage guy. Schiano tried to make him that because they had Doug Martin as the work horse and it was clear early on that Martin was a far superior back.  Blount hits the hole like a 250 lb Laurence Maroney, does that help you understand?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to anonymis' comment:

Special teams just got worse? Demps was drafted to help w/ kickoff and punt returns.

Looks like Edelwoman and McCourty will take on that chore now?

We got Washington for kicks and Edelman for punts.  Demps probably won't play this year because of his Olympic hopes. This trade seems good. Blount is a little pricey for his performace last year, but I believe he was a 1000 yard rusher the year before.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

In response to bredbruu's comment:

In response to mthurl's comment:

We needed some depth...Vareen is an injury waiting to happen, Ridley fumbles, and Bodden was suspended once already. We lost Woodhead too - I don't have a problem with the trade...Demps was as good as gone anyway.

ridlelys fumbles per carry are low to avg.

he got knocked out on his last.

but i like blount as a runner.

Thank you, bredbru.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from the-redsox-rule. Show the-redsox-rule's posts

In response to leatherhelmet's comment:

Boyce and Blont = Toughness

Something we've lacked on offense in a while!!!

Exactly! Blount is one of if not the most physical backs in the league . The Patriots were bullied at times, especially against the ravens. Love this move!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to TrueChamp's comment:

We needed some depth...Vareen is an injury waiting to happen, Ridley fumbles, and Bodden was suspended once already. We lost Woodhead too - I don't have a problem with the trade...Demps was as good as gone anyway.

What are you.....Vareens doctor?

No I'm just basing it off him carrying the ball four times in two years and getting hurt on three of them.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Is he from Rutgers?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to titletownfan's comment:

Pats deal Demps and a 7th to TB for Blount.  Thoughts?

Great move! Demps had to go.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In response to SilverSun's comment:

In response to rkarp's comment:

I like the deal. $1.75 against the cap however. 

Coaches must be really sour on Bolden....

How about BB is really sour on Ridley and his terminal case of fumbleitis?  Brandon Bolden can run rings around Ridley imo

Ridley has problem with fumbles but he is light years ahead of Bolden.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbruu. Show bredbruu's posts

In response to proftom2's comment:

Blount doesn't have much upstairs. He is a headcase. But, man he's a beast on 3rd and 5 when you fake a pass and go with a draw.  He hunts people down and runs over them for 5 to 8 yards. He keeps the other team on edge every moment he's in the game. Not because of his skills, but because he is mean, flat out nasty to bring down. The 5-6 plays he's in the game all defensive eyes are on him. Thats how they used him at University of Oregon. He opens up the field for other players because the defense really fear him.

He is not warm or friendly and one of the worst interviews your'll ever hear, but man he is tough.  

about what i said, just  adifferent translation :)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbruu. Show bredbruu's posts

In response to IrishMob7's comment:

ridlelys fumbles per carry are low to avg.

he got knocked out on his last.

but i like blount as a runner.

Thank you, bredbru.

no sweat bro.

hope youre good.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbruu. Show bredbruu's posts

In response to portfolio1's comment:

In response to NYPat's comment:

We'll find out soon enough. I got below info off of some site.

Pick Analysis: Blount nearly threw away his chances of playing in the NFL when he sucker punched an opponent in a season-opening game against Boise State. He was re-instated in November and saw limited action against Oregon State and in Oregon?s bowl game against Ohio State. While his NFL potential is unquestioned, his lack of offseason training habits and inability to control his temper may scare a lot of teams away from him. He can run over tacklers yet has good foot quickness in the hole and runs behind his pads which allows him to break tackles and gain yards after contact.

this is what i saw watchign him play as well

My expectation is that he lasts 1-2 years here BUT - this is his last wakeup call. If he dedicates himself a bit more to his career he could still become a solid role player. Maybe even very good. But I do not expect it. So he is worth a 7th and a guy who probaby was not going to play.

how i saw it port,

bb just needed a way to get demps out. 

his buddy schiano provided it.

we'll see if its an unexpected gift in a good way.. or stil the same clown who cant channel his temper

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

how can anyone not like this deal? Demps wsn't dedicated and was not going to stay here (unfortunately). Blount is a young former 1000 yard back, at a postion where you can not have to many players. Great deal!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady101. Show Brady101's posts

This was a good trade for the Pats.  Blount lost playing time not for poor performance, but for offensive scheme.  Demps' priority is not football.  That and he has never played one down for the Pats.  Some times you have to take what you can get.  Good move for the Pats.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TampaPete. Show TampaPete's posts

If Blount plays the way he did last year, he will be cut after the first preseason game.  If he applies himself and buys into the "Patriot Way," he might be able to grab 5-10 touches a game.  I wouldn't be surprised to see the second coming of Marion Butts whose career 4.1 yds/carry turned into 2.9 with the Patriots.

If this keeps up, players on the Bucs who want out and want to play for a winner will deliberately get in Schiano's doghouse and wind up on the Patriots.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

I see no downside to this trade.  Demps wasn't going to focus on football anyway.  If Blount shapes up great; if not then hardly a big deal.