lendale white to pats

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from gt281ci. Show gt281ci's posts

lendale white to pats

lendale white is a free agent this year and wants out of tennesse, what are the chances of him coming to ne? he's a big back that would compliment maroney good. if we got rid of taylor and morris, white could be a dependable back for us.   Hers they way i see it  1. white   2. maroney   3. faulk (re-sign) 4. green-ellis   what does everyone think?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

Re: lendale white to pats

I will take white and get rid of Maroney.  I was always worried that if he went somewhere else he would succeed, but its quite obvious that he is not productive in this system. 

As far as Faulk, I will never get rid of this guy.  He is this teams Troy Brown.  He does it all and is the most reliable guy on this team.  Even more so than Brady.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cyberknot. Show Cyberknot's posts

Like it or not, a healthy Morris is the best "every down" back on this team. I'd like to see the team sign Washington and draft Gerhart, let Taylor and The Law Firm go.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillallbost08. Show stillallbost08's posts

Rushing Stats
    YEARTEAM G ATT YDS AVG LNG TD FD FUM LOST
    2006TEN13 61 244 4.0 26 0 13 0 0
    2007TEN16 303 1110 3.7 28 7 57 5 5
    2008TEN16 200 773 3.9 80 15 43 0 0
    2009TEN13 64 222 3.5 11 2 11 1 1
    Career 58 628 2349 3.7 80 24 124 6

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillallbost08. Show stillallbost08's posts

sorry I messed up when posting white's stats, but what makes anyone think this would be an upgrade? I liked him coming out of college and expected him to be better than what he has shown so far but am not so sure he would be anything more than a backup on the pats.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

White is horrible. At best he would be a short yardage back for us.  No thanks.  Draft a real, quality RB

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Moss07. Show Brady2Moss07's posts

No thanks

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from southnpatsfan. Show southnpatsfan's posts

I don't follow stats. much, but by these post Maroney is the better back. I can't help but thinking (hoping) he will come in to his own in 2010.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yapple. Show Yapple's posts

The problem seems to be with the coaching philosophy, not the running backs. Although Maroney hasn't covered himself with glory, he shouldn't be sent to the doghouse when he fumbles or fails to gain a million yards. This is the same stupid strategy in the NBA. Two fouls and you sit ( yes, I know Jackson and Popovich and everyone does it but it's still stupid ). Or, if the other team makes two baskets in a row, call a timeout to "stop the bleeding" ( and make your players aware of the fact that they must be failures ). Maroney won't learn anything on the bench, and he hasn't. It was proven before they got here that Morris and Taylor spend more time wrapped up in tape than Egyptian pharaohs. Even so, in those brief interludes when they're serviceable, they also get pulled after the first negative run. Law firm never plays. I assume there must be a reason. We have no fullback. The ones we did have all seem to be playing for Super Bowl contenders and aren't committing dumb penalties. We need to DRAFT a good running back who will be given an opportunity to produce while carrying the ball at least 25 times a game, regardless of his mistakes.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

tommyspats, we dont have a 3rd rd pick.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

I've been harping this for weeks and won't stop until I see the Pats get one: they need a DUAL THREAT running back (who can contribute in run and pass game)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tnutts. Show Tnutts's posts

Im all set with White. Go get me Leon Washington

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

Maroney is a MUCH better back then White.  He is a marginal short yardage back at this point.  There are at least 10 backs I'd rather draft than sign him.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tnutts. Show Tnutts's posts

Chester Taylor is also another better option

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kman2004. Show kman2004's posts

I hate sloppy seconds. I can't seem to understand why the Patriots can't draft a decent running back. Seems as though half of the teams in the league have no problem finding great talent at running back throuh the draft. Maybe our scouts just s@ck.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

no thanks.  My thinking was a whole LOT better than guys like white.  Either choose a big time RB coming out this year (as long as the Pats HIT on it) OR try and be aggressive and grab a RB that is already on another team that could possibly want out or a team is willing to get rid of them for a pick or two.  Whatever they do - Be Aggressive!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

white was a good College back,I wonder what it would cost for him? If you think Maroney stinks,how would like LT? If you want a back in extreme decline then LT's the man for your team...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yapple. Show Yapple's posts

We haven't drafted a good running back since Robert Edwards.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

I agree with Kman...maybe our scouts do sukc for offensive talent. They can't draft a single WR, RB, or TE that is worth a damn. 

With that...don't want Lendale White either. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrbungle. Show mrbungle's posts

We need to upgrade through the draft. Period. 

Young legs are needed. A big back north-south runner. If it were up to me I'd like to have a big fullback/running back tandem. We have to keep in mind that an adequate OL built to handle a run game needs to be in place too. With that in mind, wouldn't a FB be, in essence, part of the OL by opening holes? Old school smash mouth might be a good idea to revisit by BB. 

But, that's just me. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from sydpat. Show sydpat's posts

PatsLifer

Good point about scouts and drafting offensive talent in recent drafts. Meaning WR, RB and TE's seeint that they do most of the scoring?

Would be interesting to put all those drafted positions in front of the scouting team and get a resume.

Where is our figures and numbers man out there who can help?

Think C Jackson, L Maroney and B Watson would be a start.

I don't care about the system we play ....not using TE's that much .....look at the top teams they virtually all have a scary tight end to throw to.

Who knows Dave Thomas may be a trump card for the Saints.