Leon Washington

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Leon Washington

Not sure if any of you saw this but Leon Washington broke his leg and is out for the year. I hate the Jets but I won't get into celebrating someone else's injury. However, you can't overlook the fact that the Jets trash-talking seems to have come back to haunt them because they were very loud in announcing their "arrival" and now they're losing games in horrible fashion and also losing key, veterans each week.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from flasox. Show flasox's posts

Re: Leon Washington

In Response to Leon Washington:
    [QUOTE]Not sure if any of you saw this but Leon Washington broke his leg and is out for the year. I hate the Jets but I won't get into celebrating someone else's injury. However, you can't overlook the fact that the Jets trash-talking seems to have come back to haunt them because they were very loud in announcing their "arrival" and now they're losing games in horrible fashion and also losing key, veterans each week.
    Posted by apdynasty23[/QUOTE]I wish to convey to the Jets fans the same wishes for a speedy recovery for Washington that they wished for Brady last year.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

In Response to Re: Leon Washington:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Leon Washington : I wish to convey to the Jets fans the same wishes for a speedy recovery for Washington that they wished for Brady last year.
    Posted by flasox[/QUOTE]

And with that statement, I have completely changed my mind. Thanks, I needed that!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from GrantW. Show GrantW's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Leon Washington : I wish to convey to the Jets fans the same wishes for a speedy recovery for Washington that they wished for Brady last year.
    Posted by flasox[/QUOTE]

I second that.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZekeMowattreturns. Show ZekeMowattreturns's posts

I guess they wont be running the Seminole any more this year. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlemaslow. Show seattlemaslow's posts

A bit hasty:

According to the team, Washington is not necessarily headed directly to injured reserve. The Jets consider Washington as out indefinitely, but he could perhaps return this season. They do not have an exact timetable on his return at this point, reports La Canfora.

http://blogs.nfl.com/2009/10/25/jets-washington-out-indefinitely-with-broken-fibula/

Either way, he won't be in the backfield for the rematch.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Well, NBC Sports reported that he is done for the year. That is the first I heard of it, and the only place I heard of it so that's what I went on.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlemaslow. Show seattlemaslow's posts

For all practical purposes, he probably is done for the year. Broken leg=8 weeks+.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Zeoli42. Show Zeoli42's posts

To be honest i think the jets are getting what they desevre just because they trash talk so much and they are bad and even if the fans wished for brady a healthy return we didnt trash talk like them each week they cried when the pats got caught spy gating when they lost when the pats caught them doing the same thing and just threw him out and didnt start crying about it the I like leon washington but i think the jets are going to miss there best offensive weapon but i know i wont miss him

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

i don't think it is right to cheer for the injury of a player no matter what team he plays for. While one miight consider this karma, it is just a fact of the game players get injured, the season goes on. Last year was particurally harsh on us and this year we have also sustained losses (mayo, light, mckenzie, endelman, warren, etc.) it happens to every team, who just hopes they have enough depth to sustain such losses.  I do think it will make it easier to beat them, but i think we could have done it anyways (at home, brady isn't as rusty, we cut galloway, the D is improving, etc.)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

tough break for leon (no pun intended)...he is a very good football player...lets see how the jets adjust to losing their best offensive weapon in washington and one of their best defensive players in jenkins.

they blew out the raiders today and leons replacement (i cant remember his name) ran for about 140plus yards. but lets see how affective they will be facing a miami team that lost a big game today.

i cant believe they gave up that 21pt lead...smh

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from steve1581. Show steve1581's posts

[QUOTE]For all practical purposes, he probably is done for the year. Broken leg=8 weeks+.
    Posted by seattlemaslow[/QUOTE]

A BROKEN FIBULA IS DEFINITELY SEASON ENDING. EXPECT AN ANNOUNCEMENT SOMETIME THIS WEEK 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from steve1581. Show steve1581's posts

New York Daily News is reporting it could be career ending. Apparently, a player saw the bone break through Leon's skin and saw blood squirting out of it. Hopefully it is nowhere near as bad as it sounds. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsRfineIn09. Show PatsRfineIn09's posts

The NFL is a tough business, guys break bones or tear ligaments every week, too bad for the jets, his replacement will have to step up, no excuses jets fans.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from titletownfan. Show titletownfan's posts

[QUOTE]New York Daily News is reporting it could be career ending. Apparently, a player saw the bone break through Leon's skin and saw blood squirting out of it. Hopefully it is nowhere near as bad as it sounds. Go Jets.
    Posted by steve1581[/QUOTE]

I second that.  There is no need to cheer when others get injured, even if Jests fans do.  As Pats fans, let's take the high  road and wish him a speedy recovery.  I sure hope it isn't career ending, even though he was a New Jersey Jet, he was still one heck of a football player, one I wouldn't mind in a Pats uniform.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

That stinks.  He is a good player, and for me, it isn't a Jets/Pats thing.  Nov 22 we get ours, Leon or no.  But he wasn't a trash talker himself, and he was very talented, I hate seeing a guy lose a year or more of his career.  Sorry, Leon.  Jets, well, you guys already won your Super Bowl, so what do you care anyway?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatFanInBA2. Show PatFanInBA2's posts

How the heck do they keep getting good running backs?

Shonn Greene the rookie runs for 144 yards !!!

or is their O-line that much better at run blocking?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

i was wondering why our leon has been so quiet today. he's probably holding a candle light vigil outside of the hospital.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bmadmax82. Show bmadmax82's posts

People at NFL network say that he probably has a compund fracture (broken bone sticking out of the skin), so it seems he is out for a long time. I wish him a speedy recovery.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

Big blow to the Jets running game and special teams. Guess the Fish lost one of their DB's for the season. Hopefully he'll be back fine next year. Always like playing teams at full strength.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Justin-R. Show Justin-R's posts

What is really unfortunate is that he was in the last year of his contract.  He wanted to re-negotiate it but the Jets refused. 

The guy was playing phenomenally well ~ but now his value in the free agent market is going to be significantly reduced. 

So I absolutely feel sorry for the guy.  The Jets probably won't take care of their own because they are the Jets and that is what they do and why we don't like them.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]To be honest i think the jets are getting what they desevre just because they trash talk so much and they are bad and even if the fans wished for brady a healthy return we didnt trash talk like them each week they cried when the pats got caught spy gating when they lost when the pats caught them doing the same thing and just threw him out and didnt start crying about it the I like leon washington but i think the jets are going to miss there best offensive weapon but i know i wont miss him
    Posted by Zeoli42[/QUOTE]

You have a few things to learn about being a man. The first is good sportsmanship. The second is that you need punctuation to make a point.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

Best wishes to Leon himself, but personally, i love to see the jests getting bitch-slapped by fate. Collectively, they have enough bad Karma to keep them in the toilet for years.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

If you talk a lot, you make yourself a target.

I'm not surprised in the least.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from PeaceLaur. Show PeaceLaur's posts

I'm no Jets fan, but I don't like seeing players get hurt. I'm hearing this injury could jeopardize his career in addition to ending his season, which is awful. Best wishes to Leon Washington for a swift and full recovery.