Leon Washington

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ROWDYRODRUST. Show ROWDYRODRUST's posts

Re: Leon Washington

I feel bad for Leon Washington. I think that he's an exciting player and enjoy watching him run the ball all but two games a year. I hope that he makes a full recovery and comes back healthy next season.
    As for the Jets, who cares?
    Most were classless when Brady went down but that only followed suit with how their fans have always been. They are Eagles fans without the success. (Not that the Eagles have much to crow about over the last 30 years either.)
    The Jets and their fans have a Napoloenic complex because they ALL know that the Jets are the second team in their sport, in New York City let alone when you expand out to the rest of New York state and worse again when you include the whole tri-state area.
    They Jets play in someone else's stadium for Pete's sake!!! You can change the bunting and paint the endzones all you want but the game is still played in Giants Stadium.
    No wonder why they are so bitter.
    That said, I do feel bad for Washington. He's a great player who plays for a joke franchise.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from cousteau. Show cousteau's posts

In Response to Re: Leon Washington:
    [QUOTE]The NFL is a tough business, guys break bones or tear ligaments every week, too bad for the jets, his replacement will have to step up, no excuses jets fans.
    Posted by PatsRfineIn09[/QUOTE]....none but I remember earlier (and last year) there was an awful lot of injury-talk and its impact on your season. Dont think for a minute that your fans used it last year, and the beginning of this

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tnpatfan. Show tnpatfan's posts

The Jets still had over 300 yrds rushing without Washington. Its the O-line stupid. The Jets have a better one then the Pats. at this point in the season it appears to be the weakest link on the Pats team.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from cousteau. Show cousteau's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Leon Washington : ....none but I remember earlier (and last year) there was an awful lot of injury-talk and its impact on your season. Dont think for a minute that your fans used it last year, and the beginning of this
    Posted by cousteau[/QUOTE]...geez it's too early. Don't think your fans DID NOT use it before

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BXBoston. Show BXBoston's posts

Karma?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from HOTBLITZ. Show HOTBLITZ's posts

As much as I hate the Jets I wish L.W. a healthy and speedy recovery. Get better dude.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from EASON11. Show EASON11's posts

In Response to Leon Washington:
    [QUOTE]Not sure if any of you saw this but Leon Washington broke his leg and is out for the year. I hate the Jets but I won't get into celebrating someone else's injury. However, you can't overlook the fact that the Jets trash-talking seems to have come back to haunt them because they were very loud in announcing their "arrival" and now they're losing games in horrible fashion and also losing key, veterans each week.
    Posted by apdynasty23[/QUOTE]

I try to take it week by week but I can not wait for that game. I can't wait to get the Jets on our field. After last year when people were laughing at us after Brady got hurt I could care less about other teams injuries.........Sympathy is between Sh*t and Syphilis in the dictionary I don't want to hear about Jenkins and Washington.................

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from cousteau. Show cousteau's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Leon Washington : I try to take it week by week but I can not wait for that game. I can't wait to get the Jets on our field. After last year when people were laughing at us after Brady got hurt I could care less about other teams injuries.........Sympathy is between Sh*t and Syphilis in the dictionary I don't want to hear about Jenkins and Washington.................
    Posted by EASON11[/QUOTE]..then dont use Wilfolk etc as reasons for losing earlier games. There were plenty on here that tried that. Now that the Jets have some major injuries playing that card down as an excuse is a total cop-out

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mike-J-D. Show Mike-J-D's posts

I thought the Jets prided themselves on being the "most physical team in the league".  They shouldn't miss his speed and finesse running.  Frankly they should have just cut him in preseason.  Besides, if they need finesse, they have "sanchize" to air it out.  I mean, 9/15 for 140?  Who's going to stop that?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

In Response to Leon Washington:
    [QUOTE]Not sure if any of you saw this but Leon Washington broke his leg and is out for the year. I hate the Jets but I won't get into celebrating someone else's injury. However, you can't overlook the fact that the Jets trash-talking seems to have come back to haunt them because they were very loud in announcing their "arrival" and now they're losing games in horrible fashion and also losing key, veterans each week.
    Posted by apdynasty23[/QUOTE]

Let's take a cue from the players on both sides of the field when a player is injured and pray for Leon's recovery.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from GregRod87. Show GregRod87's posts

Pats fan overhere. I love the play of Leon Washington. Its too bad for the Jets.

Now if we win the division, the Jets fans will cry that we only won because he is gone.

Oh Well..

Speedy recovery to Leon Washington.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I think it is a huge loss for the Jets and Shonn Greene could run for 150 against only the Raiders. Leon is the gy Pats worried about

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

Leon had the most all purpose yards last year, even more than Sproles. This is huge for the Jets, especially on special teams/screen passes IMO. Somebody will back load a free agent contract for this guy. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from threejak. Show threejak's posts

And people stare in disbelief when you tell them that the average career in the NFL is barely four years....or 65% of the collective play thru only one contract...

This ain't baseball!  This is a BRUTAL way to make a living even when ultra talented...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jamalot23. Show jamalot23's posts

When the bone breaks through the skin it doesn't take spell check to know he isn't coming back this year....

[QUOTE]A bit hasty: According to the team, Washington is not necessarily headed directly to injured reserve. The Jets consider Washington as out indefinitely, but he  could perhaps return this season . They do not have an exact timetable on his return at this point, reports La Canfora. http://blogs.nfl.com/2009/10/25/jets-washington-out-indefinitely-with-broken-fibula/ Either way, he won't be in the backfield for the rematch.
    Posted by seattlemaslow[/QUOTE]