Less than a trophy a failure? Find a new hobby

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Footballexpert45. Show Footballexpert45's posts

Re: Less than a trophy a failure? Find a new hobby

When Brady is no longer a Patriot, then I will change my expectations.  But as long as the GM doesn't give Brady the weapons he deserves and fields an awful D, then I'll complain.  The Pats don't have a 4th Superbowl because of poor personel decisions.

I can't see any other team that would waste Brady's talent like the Pats.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bungalow-Bill. Show Bungalow-Bill's posts

In response to DeadAhead2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

No one with a brain should care about yards allowed in the Goodell Era. It's borderline meaningless unless the points allowed are relative to those yards.

NEs red zone D held to 4 FGs, which is 12 points.  Not TDs, FGs. Against an offense like that, tthe highest scoring OF ALL TIME, that's nothing to sneeze at, especially as shorthanded as they were, Bustchise.

You've got the most decimated defense in NFL history up agains the best scoring offense in NFL history. 26 points with ref bagjob calls? I'll take it.

Tack on a pathetic hold on Logan Ryan for one of Denver's TD drives and yet again, the defense was victimized by Goodell's NFL.  

So, as a very knowledgeable fan, I don't care about that. I know what happened and know what I saw.  I saw FGs being allowed, not TDs, so those are wins.

Take away that TD drive and ref help for Denver after the phantom holding by Logan Ryan, and the joke of a call on Hooman, taking NE out of FG range, and that's a 10 point swing.

What did we lose by? 10 points.

Points. Scoreboard. No educated NFL fan cares about the aftermath of stats that don't really tell the story.

Meaningless.  

[/QUOTE]

This is why you're an idiot. Yards allowed meaningless? LMAO. More yards allowed equals more time defense is on the field and less time the offense is. This is why the defense is always gassed at the end of games. They're out there all f'n game because they cannot stop a third down to save their lives!

I mean how do you think points are scored? By gaining yardage! Only you would say that allowing 70 yard drives on every single drive is meaningless. Even the first drive when Denver punted they allowed 40 yards in 4 minutes and flipped field position. Learn the game you fool.

I'm sure BB said to them after the game: Hey, no worries about the 400 yards we let Manning drop on us, guys. It had no bearing on the outcome of the game because yards are meaningless. lol

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bungalow-Bill. Show Bungalow-Bill's posts

[QUOTE]

You've got the most decimated defense in NFL history up agains the best scoring offense in NFL history. 26 points with ref bagjob calls? I'll take it.

[/QUOTE]

The most decimated defense in NFL history. LMFAO where did you pull that one from, Einstein?

The Patriots were flagged twice. You're so pathetic. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

[QUOTE]

We have some spoiled pink hats in our fanbase, and it's a disgrace. Some of them clearly were never around during the Sullivan/Kiam years.

Mt Hurl, SHizzles, Babe, Pezzy, we know TFB12 bandwagoned here just a few years back, etc.

It's why other fans don't like Pats fans.  Many come off entitled and act like the organization was not a laughingstock for so long.

[/QUOTE]

Many fans from other teams don't like you, in fact fans from our own team don't like you. Truth is you are an embarrassment to the people that live around here...to think you go around on other forums expressing your opinion on football and representing Patriot fans, it's a scary thought. I really think you should stay inside (off the computer) and have meaningful discussions with your blowup doll collection. And if you want to take a few of them out to a bar go ahead and do it, just be sure to keep all conversations to your little special group:) 

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

As a fan of the Patriots, I expect anyone would want this team to be "relevant" in the discussions of which NFL teams are in the hunt to be the next SB winner.  We have enjoyed this for quite some time now, more than most franchises in the NFL since the Pats won their SB win in 2002.

I laugh when trolls come here and say the Pats haven't won anything since 2005.  I guess these folks have the SB or nothing mentality.  Take this mentality and there are 31 NFL teams every season which are total failures.  You can enjoy your team win many games and when it is one of the top teams in the league, you know it has a great chance to finish on top.  A position I'd rather be rooting for about the Patriots late every season than not.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bungalow-Bill. Show Bungalow-Bill's posts

[QUOTE]

In a bloated statistical era, ABSOLUTELY.  That;s a fact.  BUSTCHISE

[/QUOTE]

No it is not fact. Its your idiotic spin to protect your lover, BB.

Here is a fact for you: the worst defense in the NFL this season averaged 415 yards against. The Patriots allowed that through the air alone. LMAO

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE]

So, they think Brady has played well in these AFC Title games since 2007? Why would they think that?

5 TDs, 7 INTs?  QBRs well under satisfactory?  This is good?  Randy Moss, Welker, Gronk, Hernandez, Branch, etc, these are not good players when they were here?

You had no problem beaming about them during the regular seasons!  You counted up your little geeky fantasy points and real fans sat back wondering if Brady will be good in the postseason this time.

He did it again. Just not good enough, certainly nowhere near as he's portrayed by homers or the media.

Brady was spoiled to the moon and back in 2007 and sucked. YOur stupid Raiders and 49ers moron friends think sucking by a QB with HOF talent all over the field is good?

Why does that make sense?  Gronk is a HOF talent. Brady should not have to have HOF talent at every position to make sure he doesn't screw it up.  And the fact is, he's had that as much or more than any other QB in recent years, and he's sucked. Sucked!

So, any of your friends jealous of Belichick and what he's presented to the fans here by drafting Brady, surrounding him with HOFers left and right, and other binkies that Brady wants in here, is a joke.

A joke.

You lost the debate a long time ago. He had Moss, Welker, Stallworth, Gaffney, loaded 2007 world record breaking offense! What did he do? What did he do?

Branch, Gronk, Hernandez, Welker in 2011....An embarrassment of riches! What did he do?

Deer in the headlights! Over and over and over.

Show me a QB that is that spoiled with talent around him, runs an offense the way he wants, doesn't deliver time and again and is lauded for playing well. Who is this mystery QB that puts up such mediocre or poor numbers when it counts?

Real fans are tired of the excuses for Brady. It's been going on for years and years. 

It was all well and good when BB dealt Branch in 2006, Brady lost Welker in 2009. Ok. SUre, no problem. I can see why he should be excused for not playing very well in those situations. I am reasonable, rational person.

But, 2007, 2010 was atrocious, 2011 was WORSE, last year was just unacceptable in the second half up 13-7 and him not competing, and voila, this year his biggest accomplishment was not throwing an INT. Everything else he did, pretty much sucked. 

This guy used to be Joe Cool.  Wide open WR? No problem. Step into the throw and a laser right on the button. Now it's complete indecesiveness, lazy reads, wrong reads, inaccurate throws and simply missing wide open WRs or TEs.

That's terrible whether with Randy Moss/Welker/Gronk/Hernandez/Branch or with Edelman/Amendola/Dobson/Thompkins/Hooman.

Do you see that the common denominator is really Tom Brady and nothing else?

A good stable of RBs sat on the sidelines on Sunday because Tom Brady wanted it to about his legacy, competing vs Gomie with lesser talent, so if he was to throw for similar numbers as Gomie and WIN, he would look like the superior QB.

That's what this is about.  He's still trying to make up for past chokejobs and absovling those with some knockout statisitcal superior playoff game, at the expense of the whole flippin' team.

[/QUOTE]

Dude, they had the SB won in 2007, did Brady not score a go ahead TD to Moss with only a few minutes left and then the defense choked giving up a game winning losing drive of 80+ yards in less then 3 minutes?  Do you think that is not a fail job by the defense?  How can you not admit this? 

2011 Gronk was hurt for the SB and it left Brady with Welker and Hernandez, Ocho a waste and Branch a shell of his former self and no longer any type of weapon and still they almost pull off the SB win but guess what... Once again the defense chocked and gave up a game losing drive to the Giants of 80+ yards in 3 minutes. 

Don't even pretend the Pats had anything near a good WR corp this season, all they had was Edelman.  Amendola was a flop, Dobson and Thompkins couldn't stay on the field.  They have a long way to go.    Pats lost to Denver because Denver was just a better team.  Compare the two offenses and it's a disgrace.

Gronk while has HOF talent he has to be able to stay on the field and play.   He was useless in 2011 SB, where was he last season?  11 games and gone for the playoffs.  Out for most of this season and not available for the playoffs again.  Who knows if he will ever be able to comeback and play an entire season again. 

If you think Brady has been surrounded with talent then you really have your head stuck up somewhere that doesn't smell so good.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Dude, they had the SB won in 2007, did Brady not score a go ahead TD to Moss with only a few minutes left and then the defense choked giving up a game winning losing drive of 80+ yards in less then 3 minutes?  Do you think that is not a fail job by the defense?  How can you not admit this? 

2011 Gronk was hurt for the SB and it left Brady with Welker and Hernandez, Ocho a waste and Branch a shell of his former self and no longer any type of weapon and still they almost pull off the SB win but guess what... Once again the defense chocked and gave up a game losing drive to the Giants of 80+ yards in 3 minutes. 

Don't even pretend the Pats had anything near a good WR corp this season, all they had was Edelman.  Amendola was a flop, Dobson and Thompkins couldn't stay on the field.  They have a long way to go.    Pats lost to Denver because Denver was just a better team.  Compare the two offenses and it's a disgrace.

If you think Brady has been surrounded with talent then you really have your head stuck up somewhere that doesn't smell so good.

[/QUOTE]

TFB... Rusty will never, ever, admit the Defense, ultimately, lost those two SB games for the Pats.  Yes, you always want your offense to put up a ton of points so your defense doesn't have to worry about "playing good", but, when your offense scores the go ahead points with about 3 - 4 minutes remaining in the game, there is an expectation it is now the defense's turn to hold the fort.  What made it even more aggravating, all the defense needed to do was hold the Giants to NO WORSE than a FG in SB 42 and the Pats would have won, in SB46 it would have been a tie game versus a loss to end the game. Yet the D gave up 80+ yard drives in minutes to lose the games.  They always say SBs are won WITH defense and in Rusty's eyes this was not the case for the Pats in SBs 42 & 46.  The offense should have won them regardless of how the defense played.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to agcsbill's comment:

[/QUOTE]

TFB... Rusty will never, ever, admit the Defense, ultimately, lost those two SB games for the Pats.  Yes, you always want your offense to put up a ton of points so your defense doesn't have to worry about "playing good", but, when your offense scores the go ahead points with about 3 - 4 minutes remaining in the game, there is an expectation it is now the defense's turn to hold the fort.  What made it even more aggravating, all the defense needed to do was hold the Giants to NO WORSE than a FG in SB 42 and the Pats would have won, in SB46 it would have been a tie game versus a loss to end the game. Yet the D gave up 80+ yard drives in minutes to lose the games.  They always say SBs are won WITH defense and in Rusty's eyes this was not the case for the Pats in SBs 42 & 46.  The offense should have won them regardless of how the defense played.

[/QUOTE]

+1 good post Bill.

yes the offense was a let down in 2007 and 2011 games but guess what? tom and Co still left us in position to win but according to russ, the defense was great, but was it really? no. why not?

they weren't clutch. SB 42 snd 46 gave up TD drives. cannot let that happen. especially in 42 when we did have one of the best D's in the league (looking at you Asante, CATCH the damn ball) o

oh well its over and done with

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillgridlocked. Show stillgridlocked's posts

I don't see how a fan can be a fan when they consider failure to be losing in a championship game.  

Based on that the only team they could ever have been happy rooting for would be the Celtics when they had Bill Russell.

These type of fans must change teams all the time so they don't get mired in some team's rebuilding phase.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from palookaski. Show palookaski's posts

Old signior, walk aside with me: I have studied eight
    or nine wise words to speak to you, which these
    hobby-horses must not hear.

Much Ado about Nothing
    Act III, Scene 2

Xlation: Here's my eight, er nine.
    One:Watching losses like that, one has the propensity to Yodell .... in slang #%@&*
    Two: the propensity to Juggle ..... The two brick sponges before throwing. #%@&*
    Three:, the propensity to dance .... the Bosa Nova while rapping in tongues, not to be heard. #%@&*
    Four: the propensity to ignore the dinner call ..... while a strong drink may do. Or two! #%@&*
    Five: you say "every hair in place" ...nope, some between my fingers. #%@&*
    Six: you say "looking in the mirror" .... nope, That's 7 years of bad luck, don't you know? #%@&*
    Seven: You say "Maybe some of you don't remember the 80s" .... cold aluminum benches, #%@&*
    Eight: You say " look back at ten years" ...... Ah, yes, last SB win. Can't win em all. Your right. #%@&*
    Nine: You say "getting a high draft pick is fun" Ah, yes, if only John Hannah, Willie Mac, Tedy B, Mike Haynes or Ty Law were here? #%@&*

Good Op post, thanks

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

We have some spoiled pink hats in our fanbase, and it's a disgrace. Some of them clearly were never around during the Sullivan/Kiam years.

Mt Hurl, SHizzles, Babe, Pezzy, we know TFB12 bandwagoned here just a few years back, etc.

It's why other fans don't like Pats fans.  Many come off entitled and act like the organization was not a laughingstock for so long.

[/QUOTE]

Dude, believe me when I tell you people don't like Pats fans because of fans like you.  Agenda driven, call out all other teams and players yet can not find fault in the obvious shortcomings of your own team.  Dude, you are pathetic.

[/QUOTE]

What is my agenda?  Get a dictionary. Agenda?  Stop using my words.  You don't even know how to use them. I am an honest, passionate and objective fan. That's it.

Frontrunner and awkward bandwagon fans like you who think the whole team is about Brady and his stats, are a joke and not welcome here.  Christ, ever since our fanbase took on bandwagoners like you, we haven't won anything.  You're a jinx and a loser.

People laugh at you behind your back, you just don't know it.  lol

Non-Pats fans are rejoicing when Brady chokes and you still can't see it. You also CLEARLY have no friends who are non Pats fans because if you did, you'd at least acknowledge them ribbing you about his last 4 AFC Title games and utter garbage performances.

He;s mocked for being a pretty boy, whipped and a crybaby and you don't even know it. And, real fans have nothing to say because it's the truth.  He go this nuts clipped off by Giselle and he sucks now in the postseason.

Season tickets in my family since 1978.  What about you?  Were you at the first ever home AFC title game in Pats history? No, you weren't.

Pack up that bandwagon, boy. You're bad luck since 2007. LMAO

[/QUOTE]

First off, you have no words.  You own no words.  The only thing you have is pure ignorance and a hate for a QB who made your boyfriend what he is.

BB fails without TB, look at his constant s hit eating defense. No QB can win with his D being the joke of the NFL.  Even a bigger travesty than the "Butt fumble". 

Yes, people mock the Pats D that much.  Teams lick their chops knowing they're playing THAT PATHETIC DEFENSE and to top that off, they now have tackle dummies for receivers.

It's pathetic, but I would take that patheticness over yours, a million times out of a million.

You really need to be in an asylum.  Either that or taken behind the woodshed and have someone beat the stupid, ignorance out of you.  Save the tax payers some $$$$$$$$!!!!

Believe me when I say, living in Texas, there is a melting pot of fans of different teams and the ONLY thing I ever hear is "Man, your DEFENSE SUCKS!

That's the reality!  That's the truth.  Your sickness is the furthest thing from it.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Dude, believe me when I tell you people don't like Pats fans because of fans like you.  Agenda driven, call out all other teams and players yet can not find fault in the obvious shortcomings of your own team.  Dude, you are pathetic.

[/QUOTE]

What is my agenda?  Get a dictionary. Agenda?  Stop using my words.  You don't even know how to use them. I am an honest, passionate and objective fan. That's it.

Frontrunner and awkward bandwagon fans like you who think the whole team is about Brady and his stats, are a joke and not welcome here.  Christ, ever since our fanbase took on bandwagoners like you, we haven't won anything.  You're a jinx and a loser.

People laugh at you behind your back, you just don't know it.  lol

Non-Pats fans are rejoicing when Brady chokes and you still can't see it. You also CLEARLY have no friends who are non Pats fans because if you did, you'd at least acknowledge them ribbing you about his last 4 AFC Title games and utter garbage performances.

He;s mocked for being a pretty boy, whipped and a crybaby and you don't even know it. And, real fans have nothing to say because it's the truth.  He go this nuts clipped off by Giselle and he sucks now in the postseason.

Season tickets in my family since 1978.  What about you?  Were you at the first ever home AFC title game in Pats history? No, you weren't.

Pack up that bandwagon, boy. You're bad luck since 2007. LMAO

[/QUOTE]

Your agenda... Push everything BB does as the greatest moves ever.

You take a beating on here every day of the week, believe me when I say you are the most laughed at poster on this forum.

"Non-Pats fans are rejoicing when Brady chokes and you still can't see it."

Haha!  Of course they are.  Fans of other teams are extremely jealous of his success.  What is your problem?  Do you have a problem with white males who are succesful on and off the feild?  How many SB's do the Pats have without Brady?  How many SB's does BB as head coach have without Brady? 

Dude, I have tons of friends who are 49er and Raider fans.. They don't rib me about Brady, they rib me about BB not giving Brady the tools he deserves.  They also rib me about the horrible Pats defense.  Of course the Raider fans don't tease much but the 49er fans sure do.

Family members holding season tickets have no bearing on fanism.  I am sure I am a bigger Pats fan then many who have family members holding season tickets.  Your argument is weak. 

Pats have won 3 SB's and been to 2 more since I have been in their corner.  Maybe your family is just plain bad luck.  Tell them to get rid of their season tickets so the Pats can win some more SB's, lol!

[/QUOTE]

So, they think Brady has played well in these AFC Title games since 2007? Why would they think that?

5 TDs, 7 INTs?  QBRs well under satisfactory?  This is good?  Randy Moss, Welker, Gronk, Hernandez, Branch, etc, these are not good players when they were here?

You had no problem beaming about them during the regular seasons!  You counted up your little geeky fantasy points and real fans sat back wondering if Brady will be good in the postseason this time.

He did it again. Just not good enough, certainly nowhere near as he's portrayed by homers or the media.

Brady was spoiled to the moon and back in 2007 and sucked. YOur stupid Raiders and 49ers moron friends think sucking by a QB with HOF talent all over the field is good?

Why does that make sense?  Gronk is a HOF talent. Brady should not have to have HOF talent at every position to make sure he doesn't screw it up.  And the fact is, he's had that as much or more than any other QB in recent years, and he's sucked. Sucked!

So, any of your friends jealous of Belichick and what he's presented to the fans here by drafting Brady, surrounding him with HOFers left and right, and other binkies that Brady wants in here, is a joke.

A joke.

You lost the debate a long time ago. He had Moss, Welker, Stallworth, Gaffney, loaded 2007 world record breaking offense! What did he do? What did he do?

Branch, Gronk, Hernandez, Welker in 2011....An embarrassment of riches! What did he do?

Deer in the headlights! Over and over and over.

Show me a QB that is that spoiled with talent around him, runs an offense the way he wants, doesn't deliver time and again and is lauded for playing well. Who is this mystery QB that puts up such mediocre or poor numbers when it counts?

Real fans are tired of the excuses for Brady. It's been going on for years and years. 

It was all well and good when BB dealt Branch in 2006, Brady lost Welker in 2009. Ok. SUre, no problem. I can see why he should be excused for not playing very well in those situations. I am reasonable, rational person.

But, 2007, 2010 was atrocious, 2011 was WORSE, last year was just unacceptable in the second half up 13-7 and him not competing, and voila, this year his biggest accomplishment was not throwing an INT. Everything else he did, pretty much sucked. 

This guy used to be Joe Cool.  Wide open WR? No problem. Step into the throw and a laser right on the button. Now it's complete indecesiveness, lazy reads, wrong reads, inaccurate throws and simply missing wide open WRs or TEs.

That's terrible whether with Randy Moss/Welker/Gronk/Hernandez/Branch or with Edelman/Amendola/Dobson/Thompkins/Hooman.

Do you see that the common denominator is really Tom Brady and nothing else?

A good stable of RBs sat on the sidelines on Sunday because Tom Brady wanted it to about his legacy, competing vs Gomie with lesser talent, so if he was to throw for similar numbers as Gomie and WIN, he would look like the superior QB.

That's what this is about.  He's still trying to make up for past chokejobs and absovling those with some knockout statisitcal superior playoff game, at the expense of the whole flippin' team.

[/QUOTE]

Get this threw your pathetic excuse for a Brain once and for all.

No QB is winning squat from the bench.  Not against good teams.

Your boy friends pizz poor impersonation of a NFL defense has put him there.  FOR YEARS!

When is the last time the Pats D put a real NFL, QB on the bench?  (other than Brady)

When is the last time they didn't send a rookie or pizz poor QB to Canton?   BWAHAHA

Nobody is winning with half and now 1/4 of a team, with smurfs as receivers.

If you have a 152 IQ, then I am BOB KRAFT who is getting ready to replace the GM.

Mark Cuban described you perfectly on Shark Tank last night.

"sleazy snake oil salesman, that I feel filthy just being around" 

You to a T!!!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from theshinez. Show theshinez's posts

In response to ma6dragon9's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I"ve heard this argument a lot lately (past few years), and actually had this very argument with my own father, who tends to play devil's advocate to get a reaction. Well, he did.

Basically, I've come to the conclusion that if anything LESS than winning it all is a failure, and it's going to cause so much aggravation and anger...find a new hobby. Seriously. Having such unrealistic expectations for anything is foolish.

Does your child get punished for less than a 4.0?

Do you send back your meal if it isn't PERFECTLY cooked to order?

Are you that person that complains about a single water spot on a glass?

Do you stand in front of the mirror until every single strand of hair is exactly where it should be?

To look back at ten years and say, "It's kind of disappointing they couldn't win a ring over that impressive span" is perfectly reasonable. 

To start to paint the past ten years as a disappointment, or even more absurd, a failure? Well, seriously, your standards and expectations have grown out of control, and you should really seek out a new form of entertainment because, well, if those are your expectations, I can't imagine how watching football is actually fun, unless you're a glutton for punishment.

Maybe some of you don't remember the 80s or early (or late) 90s. Sure, getting a high draft pick is fun...but the season leading into certainly IS NOT. You don't EVER give up the chance for sustained success the Patriots have fought for.

Steelers, Colts, Giants, Saints, Packers, Ravens. That represents your winners for the past 8 years. SO there are 6 worthy teams, and 26 scrubs in the league, right? Pats won it NINE years ago (2/5/05), so stick that in your decade and suck it, and least get the FACTS straight.

Seattle, San Fran, Denver, NE...these teams are all unworthy I guess (you know, the 4 fking teams that made up the champioship round?). One of them can be granted that status in a week, I suppose. Boy, I sure wish I was a fan of Pittsburgh right now. Or the Ravens, they look set up for the future. Indy is assured titles with Canton-Bound Luck, RIGHT?!?! I know lots of Giants fans living down here in CT...they're loving life right now...no really! Saints? Fun offense that many around here want, but they don't look too great heading into next season.

[/QUOTE]

THANK YOU!  +1

With all of the injuries and murderers we had to contend with, plus the relatively YOUNG age of our players (especially WRs), this season was ABSOLUTLEY a success.  The only front we did not have major injuries to is the QB (and even TB12 had hand and shoulder issues).  We were playing with house money and BB and crew did a great job overcoming all these issues that surely would have derailed any oridinary team.  Laughing

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from darwk. Show darwk's posts

Well. Less than a SB trophy is not a failure- but yes a disappointment. Do the Pats get a check mark by "exceeds expectations" based on the players on the field this year? Yes.

How many times has Tom Brady stated the team plays for one goal- Superbowl. I've listened to TB state this on many a Monday morning. Does it make me any less of a fan that I agree with Tom Brady's goal?

This was a year full of many distractions and more season ending injuries than I can remember to key players.  I didn't stop going to games (dropping a lot of change), buying team paraphernalia, watching games on tv, following Pats news on various sites, and on & on.  And I won't stop supporting the Pats because they didn't reach their goal this season. Gawd I've been a fan for more years than probably the median age of posters on this board. It is maddening to me when fans draw a line in the sand dictating that you can Never voice disappointment in how this team plays. It's also kinda funny living and knowing many many Boston based fans that some  fans don't get that this is what we do.  We're invested in teams- these are professional sports. Win or Lose- we have a point of view.

I am  appreciative of this incredible run of winning seasons. I didn't stop cheering, supporting, or believing in the Pats in losing seasons.( oh yeah many of those)  I don't think keeping one's eye on the prize- makes anyone less of a fan.  I don't want the team to lose their focus on the goal either. In fact I expect that thinking about winning it all in 2014 will be the driving force to improving this team this off season.  Going through Pats game withdrawal today. Happens every year, whenever their season ends.