Lets get Fitz from Arizona

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from VirginiaPats. Show VirginiaPats's posts

Re: Lets get Fitz from Arizona

Not going to happen, Cards will want a first and second not players.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Two weeks ago, I was saying the same thing but then I heard the Cardinals are giving him $50-60 million GUARANTEED and he wants to be paid like a franchise QB. Good luck with that.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

In Response to Re: Lets get Fitz from Arizona:
    [QUOTE]Two weeks ago, I was saying the same thing but then I heard the Cardinals are giving him $50-60 million GUARANTEED and he wants to be paid like a franchise QB. Good luck with that.
    Posted by apdynasty23[/QUOTE]

Yeah that's what I heard something in the 15 million/year range. Uh no thank you.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

I'd give up a 1st and 2nd for D ware :)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

I'd rather go after a 2nd tier guy like Steve Smith (NYG), assuming he'll be recovered from off season knee surgery.  He fits NE's offense well (good quicks, hands and RAC ability and runs solid routes) and would only cost money.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

[QUOTE]I'd rather go after a 2nd tier guy like Steve Smith (NYG), assuming he'll be recovered from off season knee surgery.  He fits NE's offense well (good quicks, hands and RAC ability and runs solid routes) and would only cost money.
    Posted by mbeaulieu07[/QUOTE]

Nice. How else do you see the Patriots improving against a gameplan like the Jets? I know not every team is talented enough to stop the Patriots offense like the Jets did but let's be realistic, we'll have to go through them to get to the playoffs, or so it seems.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from zack5042. Show zack5042's posts

How about randy moss? Just kidding. Idk bout steve smith from NYG but i would love to see Steve smith from Carolina he is amazing

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from adam4522. Show adam4522's posts

WR is not major area of need.  Branch, tate, price, welker, edleman, woody, hernandez, gronk, crump...plenty of weapons.  The Jets drop 8 into coverage and double everyone...brady should have 10 years back there to throw or run...with 2 blockers per rusher.  OL fell down on that one.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

We need a pass rush before anything. O line next. I would have no problem going with the receivers we have now.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from FLY2K. Show FLY2K's posts

We need a deep threat!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

Ocho Cinco is long/strong enough to catch the sideline routes that the Jets game plan was more vulnerable to. He might come to play with BB/Brady at the right price.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsfan038. Show Patsfan038's posts

Larry Fitz is looking for more money than TB12. He is good, but not that good. I rather look at 85.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from HOFFBURGER. Show HOFFBURGER's posts

[QUOTE]WR is not major area of need.  Branch, tate, price, welker, edleman, woody, hernandez, gronk, crump...plenty of weapons.  The Jets drop 8 into coverage and double everyone...brady should have 10 years back there to throw or run...with 2 blockers per rusher.  OL fell down on that one.
    Posted by adam4522[/QUOTE]

With all due respect bro if Tate and Price qualify as "weapons" then I would say every single skill position player on every single NFL roster should be considered a "weapon". I have on a few occasions heard Price's name dropped in this forum as some kinda prospect with great potential, did I miss something this season? We didnt see enough to really think anything of him good or bad.

Tate had his crack at regular playing time this year and showed next to nothing for the amount of reps he got. Sure he caught Hoyer's first career TD, but one would think he would've thrived somewhat being on the field with Branch, Welker, and the TE's considering he was probably layed off of most consistently by opposing defenses. Not to mention he has plus speed, and all those things still didnt equate to getting open with any consistency. IMO he took a step backwards this year (as a wideout)...which is also an example of why we shouldnt get too carried away with Price either. For every Welker is also a Chad Jackson or 2...they aint all "weapons".

I agree with the general sentiment that it would be nice to get a bigger target with game breaking ability somehow to pair with Branch on the outside, Wes in the slot, and Tate kicked down the depth chart at WR and primarily a special teams player until he hopefully can work his way back up the food chain.

But Fitz at that money? that will never happen.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from PerryM. Show PerryM's posts

I agree with Philskiw1, a scary pass rusher with an attitude. Possibly get a OLB and DE, get 1 early in the draft and 1 later in the draft. And definately some OL help, this group does so well until the big game i.e. Giants in the Super Bowl. This game looked real similar to that IMO.
     However, with that being said a Homerun threat either RB or WR would greatly help. No Knock BJGE, but the Jets weren't worried about him ripping off a 50-60 yard score.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrogLegs. Show FrogLegs's posts

The Pats need a TALL receiver (think jump ball) who can be thrown at on man-to-man coverage. Their tallest WR is just 6-1 (Tate)...

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from stewart7557. Show stewart7557's posts

[QUOTE]I'd rather go after a 2nd tier guy like Steve Smith (NYG), assuming he'll be recovered from off season knee surgery.  He fits NE's offense well (good quicks, hands and RAC ability and runs solid routes) and would only cost money.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from stewart7557. Show stewart7557's posts

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from stewart7557. Show stewart7557's posts

I think Steve Smith is the same kind of receiver that Deon Branch is...smaller guy who is quick and relies on his precise route running and quicknessto get open......I would prefer someone with some height and who is more physisical to fight of jams at the line of scrimmage and who can go up an  fight for the ball. We dont need any more small fast guys ...we already have Branch, Welker and Tate (I think Tate was unimpressive this year).

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lets get Fitz from Arizona : I think Steve Smith is the same kind of receiver that Deon Branch is...smaller guy who is quick and relies on his precise route running and quicknessto get open......I would prefer someone with some height and who is more physisical to fight of jams at the line of scrimmage and who can go up an  fight for the ball. We dont need any more small fast guys ...we already have Branch, Welker and Tate (I think Tate was unimpressive this year).
    Posted by stewart7557[/QUOTE]

The problem is, BB generally looks for a certain skill set in his receivers (that fit his offensive scheme), particularly guys that use quickness, agility and precise route running to create seperation and work the short/intermediate part of the field, then use said quickness etc. to pick up yards after the catch; this usually translates into shorter receivers.  What he prefers and what fans would like to see are two different things.

As for Tate, he did flash some ability this year, but is still extremely raw as a WR.  Keep in mind that he missed the last 7 games of his college career and basically all of his rookie season, not to mention he had only 46 career receptions at UNC.  While I think they'll target a WR at some point in the 2011 draft or FA (with the idea of upgrading Edelman or Slater's roster spot), I'd expect to see some progress from Brandon next year.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

If the Patriots are interested in Larry Fitz and have a 'chance' of getting him.  Do it! 

Now he is Impact and a Playmaker/Game Changer - and opposing Defenses have to know where he is at all times!  ALL ++++++ here!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from deluxbury. Show deluxbury's posts

In Response to Lets get Fitz from Arizona:
    [QUOTE]He would be a great target for Tom.  we have an abundance of picks & trade bait to offer. ie Light & Tate andour 2nd Rd pick.  Fitz can go deep, make the tough catch over the middle or make a CB miss on an out and take it the distance.  Just think of the damage a 2nd year Hernandez could bestow on a Defense looking to blanket Fitz.  We move Volmer to the left side and then take Anthony Castonzo - Boston College.  The guy is adept in a pass orientated offense.  Light's departure - soon forgotten.
    Posted by rolltide1963[/QUOTE]

I like how people just throw out trade possibilities like it's a piece of cake. 

They can have Matt Light for nothing because he's a free agent!

Our offense was the most explosive in the league and will be even better next year.  Don't worry about a big WR splash!

Let's get a violent pass rush somehow and watch us dominate everyone all the way to our next Superbowl!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

or find some in the draft with the same skills but taller and beefier so we can out jump and bump the 5'9 CBs

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw. Show Philskiw's posts

If we were going to trade away all those picks and players we should be able to get Steven Jackson or Mario williams. Think what the Jets game would have been like if we had either one of them. Give us Steven Jackson and our receivers become TE's or just blockers.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

The cost would be huge. Why do that when we can draft someone like Baldwin (from Fitz;s alma mater) or Floyd from ND in the 2nd round where the cost is less prohibative. Could be a very deep class of WRs this draft ....