Level of Concern

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from millergrnv. Show millergrnv's posts

Level of Concern

When watching these three preseason games, it seems this offense is making no progress. While its just preseason, the level of concern is high (About 70%). The combination of poor offensive line blocking and wide receivers not getting open, it has disaster written all over it. The defensive game plan I talked about months ago (Zone the middle of the football field and force it to the outside) is recurring. There were times where Tom had plenty of time to find a receiver down the football field and they couldn't get open. When Tom is forced to throw it deep and to the outside, you see the results are still the same. The dress rehearsal game against Tampa Bay showed their inconcistencies. This offensive line has the deer in a headlights look because they don't know what to do or who to block. Defenses are going to run that game plan of forcing Tom to throw it deep to the outside and the results will be bad. I don't know what to expect of this offense when Week 1 (Sept. 9th) rolls around, but this offense better make corrections.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Re: Level of Concern

Prepare yourself.... it's coming.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

I'm not really concerned we have yet to actually see the full O on the field at the same time.

When have you seen both Hern and Gronk on the field at the same time?

or seen Lloyd, Welker, and Gaffney/Branch working together?

or have the OL have Solder, Mankins, Vollmer, Connolly, Koppen/Waters (dependent on whether Waters comes back or you need to slide Connolly over to G)?

Until the whole O actually comes together you're dealing with a bunch of backups where the opposing D can concentrate on a single player to double up on and crash through a weak point along the line. Not to mention that this pre-season the Pats ran the same plan or play time and time again during the same series and between series.

If in the first regular season game they are still having a hard time getting going then I'd be more concerned

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

We get Vollmer, Mankins, Connelly and Waters lined with Solder and Brady stays cleaner. Brady stays cleaner and the WRs have time to run their routes. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In Response to Re: Level of Concern:
    [QUOTE]We get Vollmer, Mankins, Connelly and Waters lined with Solder and Brady stays cleaner. Brady stays cleaner and the WRs have time to run their routes. 
    Posted by 49Patriots[/QUOTE]

And then you consider 4RB's that can all break off 20+ runs, a rejuvenated screen pass, and then you incorporate a play action were you can go deep and dump off to any off the Rb's you have....

I think the worry should be left to the D side of the ball.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Brady (HOFer,SB MVP,Pro bowler
    WW (Pro bowler)
    Gronk (pro bowler)
    Hernandez (would be pro bowler if Gronk was not on team)
    Lloyd (lead league in receiving 2 years ago, pro bowler)
    Branch (SB MVP)
    Gaffney (1,000yards last year is our #5,or 6 option)
    Ridley (5ypc)
    Vareen (explosive)
    Mankins (pro bowler)
    Volmer (2nd team all pro)
    Solder (1st rd stud)
    Connoly/Koppen ( smart versatile centers)
    Cannon (mammoth, who would have been a 1st/2nd rder 2 years ago)
    Possibly Waters (pro bowler)
    Woody (reliable yet unspectacular 3rd down back)
    Demps (fastest man in league)

MOST IMPORTANT...Josh McDaniels, an OC who has proven he can and will run the ball, use screens, mix up play calling and utilize all of the above offensive weapons!

Level of concern = low....very low.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

I'm not concerned about the offense because the defense will carry this team.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from seymonster. Show seymonster's posts

[QUOTE]I'm not concerned about the offense because the defense will carry this team.
    Posted by digger0862[/QUOTE]

babe is stabbing himself in the face right now

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

I agree that the defense will help carry the team but also think that the offense will be as explosive as ever. They usually don't look very good offensivly in the pre season, they have an even better roster on offense than last year, or 2007 for that matter. 

Its all going to be okay, can't wait to see josh game plan with all of these guys.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

While the pass protection has been a little concerning I'm really not that worried. The O-line is finally starting to get healthy and we have yet to see the entire line out at once. I have a feeling that Vollmer returning will make a world of difference and give Coach Scar a little more time to work with Cannon (Who missed a lot of time last year).

Overall, this offense should be more explosive than it was last year despite the losses of Light and perhaps Waters.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

[QUOTE]While the pass protection has been a little concerning I'm really not that worried. The O-line is finally starting to get healthy and we have yet to see the entire line out at once. I have a feeling that Vollmer returning will make a world of difference and give Coach Scar a little more time to work with Cannon (Who missed a lot of time last year). Overall, this offense should be more explosive than it was last year despite the losses of Light and perhaps Waters.
    Posted by magicalhobo[/QUOTE]

Plus it seems like when they game plan the line is better too. There have been lots of games in the past where they were facing a team that had a great pass rusher who was coming up with big sacks in every game. That guy faces the Patriots and gets shut out. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Level of Concern : Plus it seems like when they game plan the line is better too. There have been lots of games in the past where they were facing a team that had a great pass rusher who was coming up with big sacks in every game. That guy faces the Patriots and gets shut out. 
    Posted by sporter81[/QUOTE]
    Yeah, that's true as well. BB is the best at taking away the opposing team's top players. I have heard that they have been game planning for the Titans already, so it would surprise me if they were putting in a ton of effort to gameplan for vanilla pre-season games.

Our head coach can make a world of difference just by himself.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Level of Concern : Yeah, that's true as well. BB is the best at taking away the opposing team's top players. I have heard that they have been game planning for the Titans already, so it would surprise me if they were putting in a ton of effort to gameplan for vanilla pre-season games. Our head coach can make a world of difference just by himself.
    Posted by magicalhobo[/QUOTE]

Yeah, isn't that the truth! 

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Level of Concern : babe is stabbing himself in the face right now
    Posted by seymonster[/QUOTE]

Lol, you know he and Rusty are reading right now.