Lewis released

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from FLACFAN. Show FLACFAN's posts

Lewis released

Maybe Nunn will be promoted.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-2007. Show pats-fan-2007's posts

Re: Lewis released

Not a surprise to me. He did not show a darn thing, just like Alex Smith.

2 bad moves by BB cost us 2 valuable picks. oh well.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

two wasted 5th round picks. but at least bill has the b@lls to admit his mistakes. nunn is better, same with edelman.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

In Response to Lewis released:
    [QUOTE]Maybe Nunn will be promoted.
    Posted by FLACFAN[/QUOTE] Feely probably gets signed tonight,Either that or another player is coming to Boston how about the unemployed DE from tampa bay?Has there been a Kevin Carter sighting???

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ronf. Show ronf's posts

Wow, lots of change! I agree perhaps Nunn makes 53 man roster or another shoe is about to drop with some new name via a trade.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Brandon Marshall in New England. 

If the Patriots have Moss, Welker, Galloway and Marshall, then who needs a good defense? 

We'll score 50 points in the 1st half and run in the second half to run out the time. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

I'm kidding, ofcourse. Terrence Nunn can return kicks, Lewis would only be a 4th WR that does nothing. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

In Response to Re: Lewis released:
    [QUOTE]I'm kidding, ofcourse. Terrence Nunn can return kicks, Lewis would only be a 4th WR that does nothing. 
    Posted by 49Patriots[/QUOTE] im telling you its chad jackson, he played well in his pre-season games,or this guy.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&id=5508
                                   at the bottom of this it says for as long as he lasts.why waste a spot then?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

NO SUPRISE at all. Carawaydj looks like we get the best of both worlds. Nunn might be playing a little sooner then expected like you had hoped!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from noncallcity. Show noncallcity's posts

Wasted picks? We have plenty of picks and plenty of receivers. Yah? (Can't have enough picks, oh, c'mon)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mountainmonkey. Show mountainmonkey's posts

We don't have plenty of receivers now..our #3 is Joey "one big hit from retirement" G and Aiken and Edelman..I think it is too late to acclimate a guy off the waiver wire......Nunn may end up on the big team sooner than later.....Geez......will someone please remind Bill that the roster cut number is 53, not 33.....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

it has been a mess,its got me wondering whats going on.they say you shake off to many leaves from a tree,its produce is less.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

Maybe they released Lewis because he is a vested veteran with a wink wink and a hand shake. He doesn't have to sign or go anywhere else unlike an non-vested veteran if they have worked out some agreement.

They might need this Lockett kid for special teams for a week or so while Slater heals.

Who knows, total guess and speculation... but not like they haven't done it before.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ricky1554atl. Show ricky1554atl's posts

BB wheeling and dealing!!!! Lewis didn't show much in any preseason games. Looks like the same applied to practice. I honestly thought he was going to get cut two days ago for Nunn.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Benkarkis. Show Benkarkis's posts

Re: Lewis released and are the Patriots rebuilding before our eyes can adjust!

All these moves tell me one thing, the Patriots are re building pronto.  Which is good news because they were old.

The bad news is Brady is getting old and injury prone pronto too.

I see a lot of holes INCLUDING no #3 receiver.  Galloway has shown nothing.

I don't really care about wasted fifth round picks.  It's the wasted  1, 2 and 3s that are going to kill us.

should be interesting, Patriots got a pretty tough schedule.  Everybody but Buffalo, Houston, and maybe Jacksonville.  I'm hoping Miami has the second year flop.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mountainmonkey. Show mountainmonkey's posts

Moss, I think your kidding, but I'll bite....Jackson is a year older, maybe more mature, and he must remember something from his time here. After this week, expect anything....he could help Joey learn the playbook...wouldn't that be fun to watch....

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

just jokeing,but his time here,he did look great in pre-season.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from FLACFAN. Show FLACFAN's posts

[QUOTE]Moss, I think your kidding, but I'll bite....Jackson is a year older, maybe more mature, and he must remember something from his time here. After this week, expect anything....he could help Joey learn the playbook...wouldn't that be fun to watch....
    Posted by mountainmonkey[/QUOTE]

LOL!  I would only worry that now that he has assimilated both systems he might get confused on a play and drop one.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mountainmonkey. Show mountainmonkey's posts

Flacfan...with two half learned playbooks in his head, Jackson would be waving his arms like Nemo and running routes like Mark "The Bird"  Fidrych...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from FLACFAN. Show FLACFAN's posts

Now that Lewis has been cut, I'm really anxious to see Galloway in action.  I want to compare him to Nunn.  I understand that Galloway has a portfolio of years of receptions.  But all that matters this year is can he still get open and hold on to the pass.  Nunn has proven he can make the catches this year.  It's time for Galloway to show us he's still the real deal.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from JordanFromMontreal. Show JordanFromMontreal's posts

Greg Lewis was OVer hyped wasnt even really that good. no offence. Bill wanted him for a long time, and had talks with Andy Reid about him, but obvisouly he wasnt good enough or lacked something Bill thought he had. I know he had a few memorable catches in the playoffs, but what has he really ever done? His best year was 4 years ago where he caught 48 balls for 561 yards with only 1 touchdown. Those numbers are better then his last 2 season combined! He was over hyped BIG time ever since he got here!

I like this move, I much rather see what some of these younger guys can do. As both Aiken and Edleman have looked impressive. Meanwhile Galloways numbers are very respectable and he will defiantly be something to worry about for teams as him and Tom get more comfortable. As for loosing the drafts picks, it is a loss but remember this isnt the easiet team to crack!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from One-If-By-Sea. Show One-If-By-Sea's posts

[QUOTE]Flacfan...with two half learned playbooks in his head, Jackson would be waving his arms like Nemo and running routes like Mark "The Bird"  Fidrych...
    Posted by mountainmonkey[/QUOTE]

This is too funny.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mountainmonkey. Show mountainmonkey's posts

[QUOTE]Now that Lewis has been cut, I'm really anxious to see Galloway in action.  I want to compare him to Nunn.  I understand that Galloway has a portfolio of years of receptions.  But all that matters this year is can he still get open and hold on to the pass.  Nunn has proven he can make the catches this year.  It's time for Galloway to show us he's still the real deal.
    Posted by FLACFAN[/QUOTE]
    Agreed...He has been kept under wraps...and can he stay healthy....

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from markes8336. Show markes8336's posts

At the time the picks used for Smith and Lewis were traded, they looked like they were well spent. No one knows what the true value of a player will be until he shows up in your camp where he can be evaluated thoroughly. It is no different than using a #1 pick on the latest 'can't miss' guy who bombs (other than less of a blow).
    Factor in the unknown quantities of Edelman and Nunn who grew in worth throughout camp, and you are left with decisions to make, which Bill has done. All I can say is, "better he than me" - lol!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZigZig. Show ZigZig's posts

Nunn is going 2 stay on the Pr. Sd. Were gona pick up another Wr vet, U watch  of waivers. I heard deon branch is going to get cut?