Life after Asante...our yearly pro bowler signing

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mountainmonkey. Show mountainmonkey's posts

Life after Asante...our yearly pro bowler signing

Every year the Pats sign a new corner in hopes of getting some decent coverage. This year, Leigh Bodden,signed for $750,000(gulp) an undrafted free agent in 2003, follows in the legendary footsteps of Duane Starks, Fernando Bryant and Deltha O'neil. Let's hope this guy can seriously play...we got trouble if he can't. He hasn't experienced winning in over a full season, so he has to relearn how to react to that. I don't like it, but I'll take the deep breathe, drink the damn Kool-aid and repeat IBWT a few more times as the season nears.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from adam4522. Show adam4522's posts

Re: Life after Asante...our yearly pro bowler signing

NO DOOM AND GLOOM HERE.  WE HAVE A DEEPER SECONDARY THIS YEAR THAN MOST.  LAST YEARS CORNERS FROM THE DRAFT ARE JUST ABOUT READY.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

You don't improve the secondary by bringing new guys in.

You improve the secondary by getting to the quarterback.

How well the Pats do this will determine what we think of Springs and Bodden and the plethora of baby Pats back there.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Yea we have had worse CBs then we had last year and won but that was when we had a pass rush and last year we didnt. O neal would have looked better had he had a pass rush. This year we should have a pass rush and if we do the CBs will look good.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mountainmonkey. Show mountainmonkey's posts

Does a situational pass rusher work when the sitiuation is the other team is in play action and  passing on first down? I agree with the hope for a better rush and its effect on the DBs for sure., and that new rush better help turn those 7 pointers into 3 pointers in the red zone this year. The Pats should be better,they should be good,but there are still questions in my mind whether they will be very good and playing in the Super Bowl....and that's why they play the games.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from passedball. Show passedball's posts

In Response to Life after Asante...our yearly pro bowler signing:
    [QUOTE]Every year the Pats sign a new corner in hopes of getting some decent coverage. This year, Leigh Bodden,signed for $750,000(gulp) an undrafted free agent in 2003, follows in the legendary footsteps of Duane Starks, Fernando Bryant and Deltha O'neil. Let's hope this guy can seriously play...we got trouble if he can't. He hasn't experienced winning in over a full season, so he has to relearn how to react to that. I don't like it, but I'll take the deep breathe, drink the damn Kool-aid and repeat IBWT a few more times as the season nears.
    Posted by mountainmonkey[/QUOTE]

If Assante had held on to the interception late in the 4th quarter of the SB the Patriots would have beaten the Giants, their obvious holding, the commissioner, the refs, the media, & everyone else that were implicated in that questionable loss. Maybe that's why they let him go. Big time players produce in critical situations & then they get paid. No production, hit the road chump.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

Now now, Jintsfan, your team already beat us in the Superbowl.  You don't have to come here and humiliate us.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrDoItchBig. Show DrDoItchBig's posts

In Response to Re: Life after Asante...our yearly pro bowler signing:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Life after Asante...our yearly pro bowler signing : If Assante had held on to the interception late in the 4th quarter of the SB the Patriots would have beaten the Giants, their obvious holding, the commissioner, the refs, the media, & everyone else that were implicated in that questionable loss. Maybe that's why they let him go. Big time players produce in critical situations & then they get paid. No production, hit the road chump.
    Posted by passedball[/QUOTE]

Asante saved the perfect regular season against the Eagles with a clutch interception at the end. 
    they were just destined to lose that game, what were the chances of Tyree making that catch? he hasn't done anything after that and is trying to fight for a roster spot this year.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

In Response to Re: Life after Asante...our yearly pro bowler signing:
    [QUOTE]Now now, Jintsfan, your team already beat us in the Superbowl.  You don't have to come here and humiliate us.
    Posted by themightypatriots[/QUOTE]

He is just drunk.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

Bodden actually signed for $2.25 million, and that was after turning down a 4 year $16 million offer from the Patriots in order to test free agency again after the season.  Those other guys you listed aren't nearly the player Bodden is.  He'll be good.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

Mike Reiss commented yesterday that from his observations of the way the corners are playing in camp, he believes Ellis Hobbs would be the 5th or 6th corner on this team.  I don't even know what that would make Deltha O'neal, can you be 10th on the cornerback depth chart even though their are only 5 players?  I think he could pull it off.