Likely Murder One for Hern

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Re: Likely Murder One for Hern

Pre-meditated is a tough one to prove. It seems like a 2nd degree charge to me but we'll see. If they got into a fight over Hernandez's Sister and tempers flared it will not be a Murder 1

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

In response to Bustchise's comment:

backpedal much?  Just a day ago, you said he would not be charged.

How's that 7.5 mil in gauaranteed money looking?  Are you going to try to recoop it?

Supposedly, by releasing him, the Pats had waived the right to go after the signing bonus money for Hernandez. But doubt if he would have much left over after he pays the legal bills and damages from likely civil lawsuits by the Lloyd family.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bingobilly. Show bingobilly's posts

A charge of murder at some level is certainly within the realm of reality simply based on the level of effort being put forth by law enforcement to build an in-depth creditable case against him.

It would be my guess that possibly the victim did something really "bad" to the sister.  Therefore: (1) Hernandez pulled the trigger, or (2) Hernandez hired someone to pull the trigger, or (3) Hernandez participated either directly or indirectly in the event.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to nomadfan's comment:

How's that 7.5 mil in gauaranteed money looking?  Are you going to try to recoop it?

Supposedly, by releasing him, the Pats had waived the right to go after the signing bonus money for Hernandez. But doubt if he would have much left over after he pays the legal bills and damages from likely civil lawsuits by the Lloyd family.

it depends I think. If he doesn't get convicted then they can't go after it. If however, he does get convicted of a major felony they can pention to get it back (ie see the Vick case). They have to pention the league and NFLPA the regain the cap space. In the Vick case he was suspended without pay so his base didn't count against the cap.

Then they have to have a separate civil case sueing Hernandez to recover the funds (provided they can prove he violated a morality clause). In the Vick case, Atl was able to recover some of the money which any funds recorved went to cap space. It all depends on conviction though I believe and not the actual day a release.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

it depends I think. If he doesn't get convicted then they can't go after it. If however, he does get convicted of a major felony they can pention to get it back (ie see the Vick case). They have to pention the league and NFLPA the regain the cap space. Then they have to have a separate civil case sueing Hernandez to recover the funds (provided they can prove he violated a morality clause). It all depends on conviction though I believe and not the actual day a release.

[/QUOTE]

Since the Vick case the rules are a lot clearer, from what I've read. 

Cap space relief in the face of a NFL conduct policy violation (and a mahor felony conviction certainly violates that) is easy.

There are greater hurdles getting the bonus money back from Hernandez, but it's still doable as he DID violate the NFLs rules for employment.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to zbellino's comment:

In response to PatsEng's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

it depends I think. If he doesn't get convicted then they can't go after it. If however, he does get convicted of a major felony they can pention to get it back (ie see the Vick case). They have to pention the league and NFLPA the regain the cap space. Then they have to have a separate civil case sueing Hernandez to recover the funds (provided they can prove he violated a morality clause). It all depends on conviction though I believe and not the actual day a release.

[/QUOTE]

Since the Vick case the rules are a lot clearer, from what I've read. 

Cap space relief in the face of a NFL conduct policy violation (and a mahor felony conviction certainly violates that) is easy.

There are greater hurdles getting the bonus money back from Hernandez, but it's still doable as he DID violate the NFLs rules for employment.

[/QUOTE]

That is my understanding. It will be much easier to recover the cap space but actually recovering the bonus money from Hernandez is nearly impossible since that actually involves going to court to recover it

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from CommyContrarianOnTwitter. Show CommyContrarianOnTwitter's posts

In response to NedBraden's comment:

No bail set. Ouch.  Could be life in prison with no parole. I just can't imagine what would be worth that situation in a pro football player's upside to a career and the money he will throw away.

LIKE HOW YOU AND OTHERS WERE SLAMMING THE COMMY JUST THIS WEEKEND when i started a thread about him being arrested by tuesday on MURDER charges.. because my koolaid came spiked with heavy vodka bdc moved it very quickly thereafter. now per usual as the obviousness bandwagon is here you and others are now posting murder threads.. duh! should have been OBVIOUS very quickly after all the details came down!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/60639/patriots-cant-recoup-hernandezs-bonus

Living well is the best revenge.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

In response to NedBraden's comment:

No bail set. Ouch.  Could be life in prison with no parole. I just can't imagine what would be worth that situation in a pro football player's upside to a career and the money he will throw away.

Much of a hypocrite there Ned?

I recall getting a nasty post response from you a couple weeks ago when I speculated that Hernandez would likely be arrested given the piling evidence, because I was .... prematurely speculating.   

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Don't worry, rusty constantly back pedals in situations like this.

i don't care about the money and either do the krafts. It's a small price to pay to protect your brand. What I do care about is the salary cap. They need to make sure they get that part straight.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from fatsam72. Show fatsam72's posts

Murder one.    No bail.  holy moly

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to PatsLifer's comment:

Don't worry, rusty constantly back pedals in situations like this.

i don't care about the money and either do the krafts. It's a small price to pay to protect your brand. What I do care about is the salary cap. They need to make sure they get that part straight.

Bingo! Agreed

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Again, a very rough summer for Belichick and his player acquisition approach. 

The good news is that this level of embarassment should provoke a stern meeting with Kraft and Belichick and hopefully some rethinking on Belichick's part when it comes to spending so much time in the deep discount part of the store. It's a good thing he seized on Tebow like a Star Trek collector who spots a lifesize Captain Kirk blowing in the wind at a garage sale.

This story is also a good lesson to those who hammered those of us in the forum that came to some judgements about Aaron based on media reports. Just because there is sensationalism in today's media doesn't mean that all media reports are lies. If you understand how media and court cases work you knew a week ago that at best, Hernandez was an unbelievable doosher who made terrible decisions. 

I feel bad for the family who, it appears, lost someone based on something he said at a bar.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:

The good news is that this level of embarassment should provoke a stern meeting with Kraft and Belichick and hopefully some rethinking on Belichick's part when it comes to spending so much time in the deep discount part of the store. It's a good thing he seized on Tebow like a Star Trek collector who spots a lifesize Captain Kirk blowing in the wind at a garage sale.

This story is also a good lesson to those who hammered those of us in the forum that came to some judgements about Aaron based on media reports. Just because there is sensationalism in today's media doesn't mean that all media reports are lies. If you understand how media and court cases work you knew a week ago that at best, Hernandez was an unbelievable doosher who made terrible decisions. 

I feel bad for the family who, it appears, lost someone based on something he said at a bar.

Agreed...and I will add a point.

the stern discussion that needs to happen between Kraft and bb should include bb putting too much stock in his personal relationships and not enough in his scouting department. By all accounts, urban Meyer and bb have cost us 4 good draft picks...chad Jackson bust, Cunningham bust, spikes 1 dimensional, Hernandez bad character. 3 second rounders and a 4th. Time to revisit how we draft and put a little more trust in those scouting and. Little less trust in personal relationships.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:

Couldn't agree more. I'll also add that if we start signing guys in their prime and drafting guys where we are supposed to (rather than the never ending quest for value) we wouldn't have to go looking for players in the gutter. The funny part is this guy wasn't even considered the questionable character on that team, Talib up until now took that nod. A guy like Deaderick probably wasn't far behind.

Every team has thugs like this on it, but most of them don't hand them 41 million dollar contracts.