Linda Cohn CRUSHES Mike and Mike re: Manning/Brady

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

Linda Cohn CRUSHES Mike and Mike re: Manning/Brady

Another commercial interruption led me to ESPN radio today, where Linda Cohn was a guest on Mike and Mike.

Linda was FIRED UP! Mike and Mike couldn't even finish a sentence before she was hammering them with stats.

Some favorites I remember:

About Manning - "22 playoff games, 22 interceptions." "When he won the SB, 3 TDs, 7 INTs." "Don't talk to me about their D, their D was good enough to win divisions, get to championship games...but then was terrible? No."

And finally, this Piece de Resistance: "Manning need to go out on Sunday, have THREE TDs, ZERO INTs, and THEN he gets into the Top 3, behind Montana and Brady."

She's a NYer, avid Mets, Rangers, Knicks and Giants fan according to Wiki...so I don't see a NE connection there.

It's nice to hear a national person, on ESPN no less, absolutely crushing the argument in Brady's favor.

Golic was almost stuttering, and she cut him off with, "Oh come on Golic, you played the game!"

Today was an AMAZING radio day!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Re: Linda Cohn CRUSHES Mike and Mike re: Manning/Brady

Is there a podcast available?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Is there a podcast available?

[/QUOTE]

I don't know. I'm sure Mike and Mike carry a lot of their content, just as WEEI does with their shows. I refuse to go to ESPN.com. I only grudgingly listen to their radio. I actually really like SVP and Rusillo. The other shows, Coward, Mike and Mike, Bauer, are all mostly miss, with some occassional hits. Bauer is a lost cause. Bower. Bowers. Bauers... Whatever his name is.

I heard most of the conversation before I finally realized who was whipping them. They confirmed it when they plugger her own podcast. Come to think of it...maybe she will have her appearance on their show somewhere in her podcasts? Hmmmm

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

http://insider.espn.go.com/espnradio/play?id=10363747

I feel dirty...

You also have to be an insider to listen. This link is specifically for hour 4, 9-10 am. It had to be in this block I think, they do also have the entire show up.

First web traffic I've given espn in maybe ten years. True story.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

I listened to it driving around this morning live.

The "quotes" are the nest I could do from memory. I usually disclose that, it's always the case with me.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to ma6dragon9's comment:
    [QUOTE]

http://insider.espn.go.com/espnradio/play?id=10363747

I feel dirty...

You also have to be an insider to listen. This link is specifically for hour 4, 9-10 am. It had to be in this block I think, they do also have the entire show up.

First web traffic I've given espn in maybe ten years. True story.

[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info.  I will see what I can do to get it.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

Greenie is becoming almost un watchable , they also have more and more fluffy comical? Bits

Greenie wants to be bob costas, another insufferable doooooohe greenie over analyzes everything to a fault

When I listened to him say how he got a new toilet seat coz some workman used his bathroom, It is clear that someone should shove his head in that same toilet

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MustangBri. Show MustangBri's posts

In response to seawolfxs' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Greenie is becoming almost un watchable , they also have more and more fluffy comical? Bits

Greenie wants to be bob costas, another insufferable doooooohe greenie over analyzes everything to a fault

When I listened to him say how he got a new toilet seat coz some workman used his bathroom, It is clear that someone should shove his head in that same toilet

[/QUOTE]

Loved it!!  Thank You!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHAMPSXLVIII. Show CHAMPSXLVIII's posts

Should Manning win he does not deserve speical credit for winning with two teams. I don't know why people repeat this like parrots. The Colts are a much worse team than the Broncos. If he was stuck on the Colts roster he would have no chance of winning another Super Bowl.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

if PM loses this year it'll look like TB in 2007. all the weapons & stats for him. needs to do.

TB lost on luck as well, hm Asante, Tyree...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from MileHighMike. Show MileHighMike's posts

In response to DeadAhead2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Another commercial interruption led me to ESPN radio today, where Linda Cohn was a guest on Mike and Mike.

Linda was FIRED UP! Mike and Mike couldn't even finish a sentence before she was hammering them with stats.

About Manning - "22 playoff games, 22 interceptions." "When he won the SB, 3 TDs, 7 INTs." "Don't talk to me about their D, their D was good enough to win divisions, get to championship games...but then was terrible? No."

And finally, this Piece de Resistance: "Manning need to go out on Sunday, have THREE TDs, ZERO INTs, and THEN he gets into the Top 3, behind Montana and Brady."

She's a NYer, avid Mets, Rangers, Knicks and Giants fan according to Wiki...so I don't see a NE connection there.

It's nice to hear a national person, on ESPN no less, absolutely crushing the argument in Brady's favor.

Golic was almost stuttering, and she cut him off with, "Oh come on Golic, you played the game!"

[/QUOTE]

I think that is all beyond true, but if Gomer wins the SB this year, it will sink Brady's overall resume because of the big stats season he had and him coming back from the nexk surgery and winning a SB with two teams, which really hasn't been done before by a starter.

I guess Earl Morrall could somehow count?

Anyway, the reason why people are all nationally promoting Gomer is because Brady lost his most recent SB and sucked in recent title games.  The media normally tries to bash BB for that, but when it comes down to comparing Gomie vs Brady, they focus on what Brady did himself, which is what COhn was doing, which is fine.

I've always held Gomie accountable for his god awful postseason games, as I have Brady. Gomer just has MORE of them.

The good news is, this thing is outdoors, it will be below 40, maybe a 10-15 mph wind and hopefully some snow. And, Gomie won't like the defense he'll be going up against either.

[/QUOTE]

Hey, moron.  Manning's play this postseason or any other has NOTHING to do with Brady's "resume.  What kind of an idiot are you anyway?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from MileHighMike. Show MileHighMike's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

The "quotes" are the nest I could do from memory. I usually disclose that, it's always the case with me.

[/QUOTE]

Right, but if you listened to it live why do you feel dirty now? Sometimes I listen to MIke and Mike on specific days, but I also hate ESPN.

Most people do.

[/QUOTE]

Yes, Queenie, most people hate ESPN, that's why they are struggling so bad to make a buck.  Moron.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from MileHighMike. Show MileHighMike's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to MileHighMike's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Right, but if you listened to it live why do you feel dirty now? Sometimes I listen to MIke and Mike on specific days, but I also hate ESPN.

Most people do.

[/QUOTE]

Yes, Queenie, most people hate ESPN, that's why they are struggling so bad to make a buck.  Moron.

[/QUOTE]

ESPN just laid off 10% of its workforce in 2013.

LMAO

My god, Bustchise.  My god. 

[/QUOTE]

Are you suggesting that means that everyone hates ESPN?  Holy crapola, your idiocy knows no bounds.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from AFNAV130. Show AFNAV130's posts

This is her talking on another podcast. It's about 5 minutes in she talks about Peyton. Brilliant and the way only the true, smart football fans would think. No fluff, just facts. Which, damn, if those aren't hard to shake. 

http://houston.cbslocal.com/2014/01/28/linda-cohn-has-a-lot-of-opinions/

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to AFNAV130's comment:
    [QUOTE]

This is her talking on another podcast. It's about 5 minutes in she talks about Peyton. Brilliant and the way only the true, smart football fans would think. No fluff, just facts. Which, damn, if those aren't hard to shake. 

[/QUOTE]

Cool, thanks for posting!

I thought I would be able to hear her on the Mike & Mike Show here...

http://tunein.com/radio/Mike-and-Mike-p20461/

But they didn't put here on it.  Still some good talk about Brady vs Manning with a sound clip from Charles Barkley.  Check out the 19:20 mark.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Interesting that Linda Cohn would be so aggressive about the issue.  Perhaps she has a Brady jones. 

Seriously, it is refreshing to learn that there are actually members of the media who have not yet deified PM.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from CommyContrarianOnTwitter. Show CommyContrarianOnTwitter's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

great post, was able to get a hold of it and contacted Linda on twitter:

#Imagyd#SportsMedia @ImagydSpoMedia      

@lindacohn wow! lucky guy who made you a mom! on behalf of all @Patriots fans, thanks for putting Jabro Peyton in his place on @MikeAndMike! - 29 Jan

Linda Cohn @lindacohn   Follow Follow    

Haha! You're welcome.,@ImagydSpoMedia @Patriots @MikeAndMike

11:07 AM - 29 Jan 14

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from CommyContrarianOnTwitter. Show CommyContrarianOnTwitter's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to AFNAV130's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Cool, thanks for posting!

I thought I would be able to hear her on the Mike & Mike Show here...

http://tunein.com/radio/Mike-and-Mike-p20461/

But they didn't put here on it.  Still some good talk about Brady vs Manning with a sound clip from Charles Barkley.  Check out the 19:20 mark.

[/QUOTE]

to catch up on linda's show and all espn radio stuff incl the cowherd, just go to espnradio.com, u can click either shows or PODCASTS . with the latter, u get to hear most of the highlights of that day's show