Linebacker Gary Brackett to Patriots?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYY28Rings. Show NYY28Rings's posts

Linebacker Gary Brackett to Patriots?

From the Boston Herald:

www.bostonherald.com/blogs/sports/rap_sheet/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/garybrackettcolts8x10.jpg" alt="Brackett" width="271" height="340" align="right" />Gary Brackett has said he would like to retire as an Indianapolis Colt. But he understands the business side of football. You don’t always get what you wish for.

That said, should the 29-year-old middle linebacker hit free agency next Friday, we asked if he would be open to joining the archrival Pats?

His answer: ”Absolutely!” 

The Colts did not apply the franchise tag to the heart and soul of their defense. At the moment, Brackett’s agent Brian Mackler is currently in talks with the team in hopes of coming to terms on a deal. If an agreement isn’t reached by the March 5 deadline, ”then I’m free and we’ll see what happens.”

”After March 5, I’ll entertain all possibilities. I consider myself a blue collar worker, a guy who comes to work and gives his all,” said Brackett, who was attending the NFLPA’s safety and welfare summit. ”(Former Patriots linebacker) Tedy Bruschi, I have a lot of respect for him and what he’s done for that organization. I’ve followed his career. That would definitely be a place I’d consider. Business is business. You have to prepare for everything.”

But the Patriots? Seriously?

”I have a great deal of respect for Bill Belichick, and really the whole New England organization,” Brackett went on. ”Those guys are top class, and I think it’s a healthy rivalry. I think guys really respect each other. Before the game, I shake Kevin Faulk’s hand, and Tom Brady’s hand. And I say, ‘Here we go again.’ I don’t think it’s one of those Cincinnati, Pittsburgh rivalries, where we’re kicking dirt in each other’s faces. So I think it’s mutual respect between organizations, and we just have a little fun with it, going back and forth.”

Brackett, who had 99 tackles last season, has a great locker room presence. If Indy doesn’t sign him, it’ll be interesting to see if the Pats kick the tires to see what it wold take to have him land in New England.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Re: Linebacker Gary Brackett to Patriots?

http://www.boston.com/community/forums.html?plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3aSportsForum%3a9690Discussion%3ab77085b6-9924-44ed-a29b-1871c44387bd

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kebbe. Show kebbe's posts

IT IS HARD TO BELIEVE THAT THE PATS WOULD NOT HAVE A SERIOUS INTEREST IN ACQUIRING GARY.HE HAS WONDERFUL INSTINCTS FOR THE GAME,GREAT WORK EHTIC AND DRIVE HAS A VARIED SKILL SET THAT WOULD MAKE HIM A TERRIFIC PARTNER FOR MAYO INSIDE AND HAS A LOVE FOR THE GAME THAT SHOULD EXCITE B.B.HE IS ONE F.A.THAT THEY SHOULD HAVE IN THEIR SIGHTS AND WOULD BE SURPRISED AND A BIT DISAPPOINTED IF THEY DID NOT.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

and he has veteran leadership.  He could help continue to mold Mayo.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

A FA that isn't Bryant, TO, or Peppers and isn't Marshall or Boldin and it actually makes sense. I'm gonna faint

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

I'm surprised more Indy defense guys don't bail out.  They have been good, not underrated, but actually good and they never get any credit.  They have had a 1st and 2nd ranked defense the last few years and top ten defenses consistently.  They pretty much carried the Colts to their SB victory but you almost never hear about them except Freeney.  I don't know if Brackett fits into the BB linbacker mold but I like him and think he'd be a great fit.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

@Shenanigan...I think he does.  He may not be prototypical size of a BB linebacker, but BB likes to have his players versatile and ABrackett is fairly young (under 30) and is fast and quick.  He has plenty of playoff experience and was one of the key defensive players for greatest "regular season" teams this decade.

I would not be opposed to this.  I dont want Peppers or Dansby.  Those guys are just looking for a winning lottery ticket.  IMO, Brackett wants another shot at a title.  Those are the type of guys you want.  Those are the type of guys that NE won 3 SB's with.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Patsfan - I agree, if Bruschi says that he really respects the guy then that's good enough for me. To me Bruschi's endorsement screams a BB type of player

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

In Response to Re: Linebacker Gary Brackett to Patriots?:
    Patsfan - I agree, if Bruschi says that he really respects the guy then that's good enough for me. To me Bruschi's endorsement screams a BB type of player
    Posted by PatsEng

That was Brackett talking about Bru.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Enoch - You're right I miss read the quote. Still like the guy, though I would have liked him much better if it had been Bruschi saying that about Brackett

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

Is Brackett physical enough to play ILB in a 3-4?  He seems like a finesse player, which is a great fit for Indy's 4-3.  I'd be curious to see if he could fit in a 3-4, where he'd have to go head to head with interior offensive lineman much more than he did in Indy.  Good player though.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsfan038. Show Patsfan038's posts

He is 5'11, 235 lb, fairly small for an ILB in 3-4. But he has terrific instincts for the ball and I guess we can kick the tires on him. He will be a great presence in the locker room and but can he do well in our D?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsFanGermany. Show PatsFanGermany's posts

Sounds to me like he's trying to get a better contract by telling the media he wants to play for their arch rivals.  Pretty smart business move.  I give him a 10% chance of coming to NE.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

No thanks. I'll stick with Mckenzie

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

Enoch - You're right I miss read the quote. Still like the guy, though I would have liked him much better if it had been Bruschi saying that about Brackett
    Posted by PatsEng

Yeah. It revealed a lot about his character and it was all positive, in my opinion. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

Brackett is definitely small for an ILB in our system.  BUT he is one of the few guys that at the right price I would take a chance on.  Been watching him since he was at Rutgers.  Smart, solid player, good character, nice guy, would add something to the team.  And I really dont normally agree with adding undersized guys.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME. Show NEGAME's posts

This sounds like the Miami fans thinking Wilfork was going to Miami! Fat Chance. I agree with Germany.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

Gamer, u do realize all the innuendos that can be made from that question, right?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from siestafiesta. Show siestafiesta's posts

The system he's been playing in couldn't be more different than what the Pats run.  It would be a big risk spending on him and I doubt it has any chance to happen at all.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from titletownfan. Show titletownfan's posts

He is 5'11, 235 lb, fairly small for an ILB in 3-4. But he has terrific instincts for the ball and I guess we can kick the tires on him. He will be a great presence in the locker room and but can he do well in our D?
    Posted by bmadmax81

weren't the same things said about Zach Thomas?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

No thanks. I'll stick with Mckenzie
    Posted by Rodimus77

yeah, lets see what mCkenzie has to offer, this guys hould be playing alot of downs this year

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Physics. Show Physics's posts

Sounds to me like he's trying to get a better contract by telling the media he wants to play for their arch rivals.  Pretty smart business move.  I give him a 10% chance of coming to NE.
    Posted by PatsFanGermany

Heh.. yeah, for some reason, I'm thinking Bernie Williams...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

"Brackett, who had 99 tackles last season, has a great locker room presence. If Indy doesn’t sign him, it’ll be interesting to see if the Pats kick the tires to see what it wold take to have him land in New England."

Simple answer? Just back the money truck up to his garage.

http://ind.scout.com/2/504998.html

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

I think this would be a great sign for Pats.  Brackett is a solid ILB that would def. help Mayo!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

this would be similar to Vinetari going to the Colts. i mean who'da ever thought AV would have gone to our arch enemy