Linebackers???

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bergzilla. Show Bergzilla's posts

Linebackers???

So now we have P. Burgess, Guyton, AD, TBC, Ninko???. Is Crable out for the year? Hopefully MAyo be back after the bye. Tyrone in out for the year.

I have to say the TBC has been impressive so far. I think that we need more of that.

Anyhow just wondering who are the LB's and what is their status.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from siestafiesta. Show siestafiesta's posts

Re: Linebackers???

Crable was put on IR so he is out for the yr.  TBC has been OK but I think they're putting him in at DE on passing downs as opposed to playing as a true LB.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ritchie-az. Show Ritchie-az's posts

TBC has been used as a DE in 4-man fronts much more than as an OLB in 4-LB sets. But so far he has looked pretty good, and was a more important signing than anyone thought.
    Thomas and Woods are the top OLBs and Guyton and Mayo are the top ILBs. So far, with Mayo healthy and using the 4-3, Guyton plays OLB (instead of Woods). With Mayo hurt, Guyton plays ILB in the 4-3. While I can't confirm this, I believe (with Mayo's injury) in the 3-4 Thomas and Guyton and the ILBs and Woods and TBC are the OLBs.
    The backups are Alexander at ILB (he played some OLB in the 4-3 in preseason), TBC at OLB (plays DE in the 4-3), Ninkovich at OLB and (now) Prescott Burgess, who played both ILB and OLB with the Ravens. I think Derrick Burgess could play OLB in the 3-4, but I don't believe he's lined up there yet. Also, it appeared to me that McGowan played an SS/ILB hybrid position at times in the Jets game. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bergzilla. Show Bergzilla's posts

thx guys,

McGowan looked pretty good at that hybrid situation. He stopped a couple runs.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHILZONE686. Show PHILZONE686's posts

McGowan hits like a truck from what I've seen so far; I like what Guyton has done so far and these guys can probably hold it together but we need Mayo back ASAP.