Lito Sheppard and Marlon Jackson

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmcintosh. Show andrewmcintosh's posts

Lito Sheppard and Marlon Jackson

they were both released today, and that comes as a mild suprise because i think they were both expected to be tendered as rfa (someone correct me if they are ufa's).  I'd like to tsee the pats make a run at them, the thought of Bodden and Sheppard on the outside with Wilhite/Butler in the slot sounds pretty solid to me.  Add to that I don't expect the price tags to be outrageous for either of them, and I see alot of value in both of the players.  The Pats were quite interested in Jackson coming out of UM back in the draft, so it'll be interesting to see if they take the plunge to help solidify the secondary. Thoughts?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjaycee. Show jjaycee's posts

Re: Lito Sheppard and Marlon Jackson

lito sheppard, marlon jackson, wilhite and butler are all the same, regularly beaten and  not any good.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

Sheppard really stinks...his play took a nosedive with the Eagles and then with the Jets over the past few years. He was benched for some rookie free agents during the season with both teams.

Marlin Jackson is someone I would seriously look at.  Injuries are a concern, but he can play.

If Bodden is retained, I would feel comfortable with Butler going into the season as the other starter.  He will be very good.  If Bodden leaves, Jackson should be looked at for sure.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmcintosh. Show andrewmcintosh's posts

In Response to Re: Lito Sheppard and Marlon Jackson:
    Sheppard really stinks...his play took a nosedive with the Eagles and then with the Jets over the past few years. He was benched for some rookie free agents during the season with both teams. Marlin Jackson is someone I would seriously look at.  Injuries are a concern, but he can play. If Bodden is retained, I would feel comfortable with Butler going into the season as the other starter.  He will be very good.  If Bodden leaves, Jackson should be looked at for sure.
    Posted by pyegian

Good point with the injury concerns, I hadn't thought about that but I know he's torn his knee up at least once

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kebbe. Show kebbe's posts

THE PATRIOTS HAD A VERY REAL INTEREST IN JACKSON AS A POTENTIAL DRAFT CHOICE AND THOUGH HIS PLAY HAS BEEN A BIT UP AND DOWN AND HE HAS HAD SOME INJURIES BUT HE IS CERTAINLY WORTH CONSIDERING.I WOULD THINK THAT THEY WOULD MORE SERIOUSLY CONSIDER RICHARD MARSHALL AT THE COST OF A SECOND ROUND PICK.HE HAS PROVEN HIS METTLE IN THE NFL AS A TRUE PHYSICAL PRESENCE AGAINST THE RUN, WHO CAN FUNCTION EFFECTIVELY IN BOTH ZONE AND MAN COVERAGE,HAS A HIGH FOOTBALL I.Q.,LOVES THE GAME AND IS A HIGH CHARACTER GUY ON AND OFF THE FIELD.I THOUGHT THEY WERE GOING TO DRAFT HIM AND WAS SURPRISED AND DISAPPOINTED WHEN THEY DIDN'T.I KNOW I HAVE TALKED ABOUT RICHARD IN A COUPLE OF OTHER THREADS OVER THE PAST WEEK BUT HE,IN ALL PROBABILITY,WILL BE A SUPERIOR TO MOST ANY CORNER THEY COULD DRAFT IN THE SECOND.SHOULD THEY BRING IN?WHY NOT IF YOU DON'T HAVE TO GUARANTEE JACKSON MORE THAN A RELATIVELY SMALL SUM