LLOYD in OCHO out???

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Re: LLOYD in OCHO out???

In Response to Re: LLOYD in OCHO out???:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: LLOYD in OCHO out??? : Considering how much worse the secondary has looked without him, I wouldn't say that comment would stand up under much scrutiny.
    Posted by zbellino[/QUOTE]

How is it looking any worse? Actually they've had less penalties and have given up less big plays compared to this time last year. Not by much mind you but they are no better or worse then they were at this point last year. So, please explain what you mean Z

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2012. Show Evil2012's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: LLOYD in OCHO out??? : The type of reads the WRs have to do are the same. I don't see much of a difference other than the play calling. That's why Branch was able to come back and fit right in so quickly he knew the system. The offense has Brady's fingerprint on it, and he has quite a lot of say and suggestions into how it's run. You don't actually think it was all Josh McDaniels do you?
    Posted by Macrawn[/QUOTE]

No. It was Mort's column that brought up McDaniels. It's bogus reasoning on his part. It's not just the playbook. Branch and Brady were on the same wavelength when he left and it's a hell of a lot easier for him to get that back than for Ocho to develop that from scratch. Since Brady already has that 'knows what each other is thinking' connection with both Branch and Welker he's going to look for either of them in a pinch before Ocho. Brady is doing what he needs to win. Maybe Ocho is realizing this concept for the first time in his career so he's keeping his mouth shut and contributing when and where he can.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: LLOYD in OCHO out??? : Why, other then his tweeter explosion what has he done to warrant being dumped? Posted by PatsEng[/QUOTE]

No production.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: LLOYD in OCHO out??? : How is it looking any worse? Actually they've had less penalties and have given up less big plays compared to this time last year. Not by much mind you but they are no better or worse then they were at this point last year. So, please explain what you mean Z
    Posted by PatsEng[/QUOTE]

Huh? They have given up way, way more big plays. I think Bedard tracked it in acolumn before last week's game. 

NE has been giving up big plays at a greater rate than at any point last season. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: LLOYD in OCHO out??? : Huh? They have given up way, way more big plays. I think Bedard tracked it in acolumn before last week's game.  NE has been giving up big plays at a greater rate than at any point last season. 
    Posted by zbellino[/QUOTE]

I googled and searched the globe for it and can't find the article. Can you please point it out to me.

I did find something where he pointed out that the Pats have more big plays this year then this time last year with Moss. But, so far no mention of giving up big plays

But I did find that to this point last year the opponents average score was 23.2 and so far this year they score 23.8 a game. We've also faced a higher level of O's so far this year compared to the 1st 5 games last year so it looks like they have given up the same average points give or take.

Now I will easily concede that they have given up more passing yards this year but that hasn't resulted in points compared to last year. This tells me that they keep the plays infront of them and crank down when they need to.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

I didn't really need to look the numbers up, because a naked eye can tell how bad this team misses their old safety. But, these are the big plays allowed by NE so far this season. NE is essentially on pace to double 20+ pass plays, 40+ yard pass plays, run plays over 40+ are already up infinity, and 20+ close to double. I mean really, it's TWICE as bad in the deep secondary giving up big plays.

2011 Pass 2011 ProjPass 2010 Pass
    20+ 40+ 20+ 40+ 20+ 40+
    32   2 102 7 55 4

2011 Rush 2010 ProjRush 2010 Rush
    20+ 40+ 20+ 40+ 20+ 40+
    3   1 10 3 6 0

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

So you're telling me you want Meri back Z?  Really?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: LLOYD in OCHO out??? : I googled and searched the globe for it and can't find the article. Can you please point it out to me. I did find something where he pointed out that the Pats have more big plays this year then this time last year with Moss. But, so far no mention of giving up big plays But I did find that to this point last year the opponents average score was 23.2 and so far this year they score 23.8 a game. We've also faced a higher level of O's so far this year compared to the 1st 5 games last year so it looks like they have given up the same average points give or take. Now I will easily concede that they have given up more passing yards this year but that hasn't resulted in points compared to last year. This tells me that they keep the plays infront of them and crank down when they need to.

http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/_/id/7097887/numbers-say-new-england-patriots-susceptible-big-play Here is the article.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Thank you Shenanigan,

I stand corrected. ESPN no wonder why I didn't find it. I don't look there anymore lol.

But, I still don't see how all numbers point to the Pats should be horrible on D yet they still have a very low points allowed comparatively. I'd also like to see where these big plays come from. Are they mainly in the 4th or scattered among the quarters

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

[QUOTE]Thank you Shenanigan, I stand corrected. ESPN no wonder why I didn't find it. I don't look there anymore lol. But, I still don't see how all numbers point to the Pats should be horrible on D yet they still have a very low points allowed comparatively. I'd also like to see where these big plays come from. Are they mainly in the 4th or scattered among the quarters

I don't know, I think all Z is saying is that Meri was the scapegoat for the Pats secondary problems. He wasn't good but given that they are no better this year you would have to say that the Pats secondary problems were deeper than one guy. Really I think this years secondary and last years have changed so much that you can't really compare. They've had lots of changes compounded by injuries but I guess that's the way it goes. Thus far nobody at safety has proven to be better than Meri but at least they have the excuse of being new to the system so they can improve.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: LLOYD in OCHO out??? : I don't know, I think all Z is saying is that Meri was the scapegoat for the Pats secondary problems. He wasn't good but given that they are no better this year you would have to say that the Pats secondary problems were deeper than one guy. Really I think this years secondary and last years have changed so much that you can't really compare. They've had lots of changes compounded by injuries but I guess that's the way it goes. Thus far nobody at safety has proven to be better than Meri but at least they have the excuse of being new to the system so they can improve.
    Posted by shenanigan[/QUOTE]

I can agree with this. They have been no better but I wouldn't call Meri's replacements worse then Meri though.

I think by the end of the year we'll be seeing a difference between this years secondary and last years

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

[QUOTE]And what has Brandon Marshall done for Miami?
    Posted by Patsfansince1966[/QUOTE]

Oh, please.  God himself couldn't help Miami.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrbungle. Show mrbungle's posts

As for those making the case Ocho is getting "on the same page" as Brady.

Are you kidding me? 

He had ZERO receptions. Went to the bench after screwing up his route. 

Hey, I though he might have been a good picku but, I am starting to wonder. He's no rookie. IMO, he looks worse each week rather than showing any improvement. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Well I think I seen him on the field once today with some special alignment just for him amd he F**ked it up.......Can him.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

I really want Ocho to make it here, have an impact and help the team win but lets be honest here, he just isn't doing anything for the Pats except taking up roster space.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

Ocho is the Invisbible man. he is a non-factor. BB should trade him or cut him. Ocho  is a scociable and likeable guy, he's not a real weapon, and lacks the football IQ to play in the NE system.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from DenseCake. Show DenseCake's posts

another disappearing act from Ocho. It's becoming more and more like the Joey Galloway situation a few years back.  Brady does not trust him enough in critical situations and thus he's not seeing much if any time in the hurry-up offense. This wouldn't be that much of an issue if hurry-up offense wasn't such a big part of the Pats offense. Maybe he should play some D like Troy Brown. He certainly has the height and is fast enough to cover most receivers.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from murghkhor. Show murghkhor's posts

[QUOTE]As far as our receiver list goes here's what I got: #1 Welker #2 Hern/Gronk (dependent on play call) #3 Branch #4 RB #5 Ocho #6 Slater Lloyd would be moved into the #3 spot imo (he's not going to be more of a target over Welker and given the effectiveness of our 2 TE sets when both Hern and Gronk are healthy he wouldn't get more looks then that combo). Given that would Lloyd as a 1 yr rental give you more then Branch? Considering the more balanced attack seems like the best approach what more can Llyod give you? Boast the offense from />30+ every game to />33+ every game? Our O isn't the problem it's the D. Why trade a pick to fix something that isn't broke, makes no sense. It's just a rumor and the Pats doing homework nothing more imo.

Taylor Price - the new Brandon Tate. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman3. Show Patsman3's posts

Yea I have not bashed Ocho yet (been doing that to Big AL), but this was a game they really needed him to step up and he was invisible.  You like to see progress each week but this was a big step back.  If they can get Lyold for a reasonable price, think its time to say bye bye Ocho...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Did Ocho even dress today? I didn't see him out there. The funny thing is I thought he was making some progress, but we need someone who can stretch things a bit...why the heck isn't Price out there?! This guy supposedly has all the tools and was a third round pick - he's just what this offense needs - if he's not the answer...get someone!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriots1a2. Show patriots1a2's posts

Chad has to know the play that was designed just for him that he f85ked up ended his Pats career. He would of had a bomb TD(if he held on). If all it takes is a 3rd...TAYLOR PRICE or make the trade!!!!!!!!! It just has to happen,not the trade but one of the two...he is a wasted roster space!!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

reports are that the Pats are one of three teams interested in Lloyd. Weird, I wasn't expecting us to be in the hunt for a one year rental WR...

If we could resign him and Welker, I think that would spell the end of Ocho's days here and possibly Branch's unless he resigns on a team friendly deal after this season.

I have a hard time believing we pull the trigger on Lloyd unless we intend to resign him. My thoughts are that he wants a ton of money( he is 30 and a one year wonder but an amazing one year wonder at that, if you watch him, he runs amazing routes and has some of the best hands I have ever seen) which is why the Broncos are looking to deal him on the cheap. Why else would he be up for trade for a reported "3rd to 5th round pick"

If we do get him, resign him and Welker, we will be set on offense for the rest of Brady's career without a doubt( barring any injuries of course)

BB is unpredictable so you can't say this won't happen but I have some serious doubts.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from hardright. Show hardright's posts

Please.

The guy to go after, if he truly is available in a trade, is Jared Allen.

WR is the most overrated position in the game, and the Pats have enough pass catchers anyway, especially if both TEs are healthy and moving around at 100%.

I'd actually be pretty miffed if they brought in a WR and burned a second rounder or more on him; get a defensive guy if you're going to a trade high pick.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Ocho is a liability taking up a valuable roster spot... that's all I have to say on that.