LOGAN MANKINS IS A PHONNY!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

LOGAN MANKINS IS A PHONNY!!!

After the LG signed his tender to stay with the Patriots for, at least, another season, he promised that he would be on time for the first day of practice. Well, who was surprised to see that he was missing today? 

Mankins, along with veteran CB Kyle Arrington, RB BenJarvus Green-Ellis, T Nick Kaczur, TE Alge Crumpler, DL Myron Pryor and DL Marcus Stroud were missing. Also missing were the rookies. What are your thoughts on Mankins going back on his word and do you think the rookies will have any impact when they still don't know anything about the system with less than a month before the regular season starts? 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Re: LOGAN MANKINS IS A PHONNY!!!

He can't show up. He can't show up because all these contracts being signed in the last couple days don't offically count until the start of the NFL year which won't be until Friday I believe. if he signed the tag before the lockout that would be a different story but since it was recent he can't

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman2. Show Patsman2's posts

Did he actually sign the tender yet?  I know he said he would but some things can't become official until Friday.  I think your making way to much of this at the moment.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

In Response to Re: LOGAN MANKINS IS A PHONNY!!!:
    [QUOTE]He can't show up. He can't show up because all these contracts being signed in the last couple days don't offically count until the start of the NFL year which won't be until Friday I believe. if he signed the tag before the lockout that would be a different story but since it was recent he can't
    Posted by PatsEng[/QUOTE]

I thought they said it was going to be delayed a few days into August? August 4 I want to say. Did something change yesterday or today?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Mankins sucks (no matter how well he plays). This is clear. The sooner he is gone from this team, the better.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman2. Show Patsman2's posts

[QUOTE]You s*ck Babe! Get used to him pal cause he is not going anywhere.
    Posted by MVPkilla4life[/QUOTE]

MVP don't hold back....tell us how you really feel.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriots44. Show patriots44's posts

In Response to LOGAN MANKINS IS A PHONNY!!!:
    [QUOTE]After the LG signed his tender to stay with the Patriots for, at least, another season, he promised that he would be on time for the first day of practice. Well, who was surprised to see that he was missing today?  Mankins, along with  veteran  CB Kyle Arrington, RB BenJarvus Green-Ellis, T Nick Kaczur, TE Alge Crumpler, DL Myron Pryor and DL Marcus Stroud were missing. Also missing were the rookies. What are your thoughts on Mankins going back on his word and do you think the rookies will have any impact when they still don't know anything about the system with less than a month before the regular season starts? 
    Posted by 49Patriots[/QUOTE]He will show up the first day he is allowed, which is Friday D%%SHBAG.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to LOGAN MANKINS IS A PHONNY!!! : He will show up the first day he is allowed, which is Friday D%%SHBAG.
    Posted by patriots44[/QUOTE]

I'm the d%%chebag? The guy who tried to hold the entire league hostage for his contract isn't a d%%chebag, but I am? 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

[QUOTE]Mankins sucks (no matter how well he plays). This is clear. The sooner he is gone from this team, the better.
    Posted by BabeParilli[/QUOTE]

are you patsfan76??.... yeah you sound just like him...the guy who was always whining about every move bill b made.... as the pats became a DYNASTY....

hes not leavin...in fact he will sign long term deal...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Captian you might be right it might be the 4th. I assumed it was Friday since they could sign FA's that day, I assumed that's when contracts for this year went into affect but it could be the 4th.

P44 give 49 a break. If you didn't know that players signed in 2011 couldn't show up to practice until the official 2011 season started and Mankins said he'd would come to camp but today didn't I'm sure you'd be questioning that too

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

[QUOTE]How does his contract situation make you D bag or not a d bag? He called you a D bag for trying to start a thread to bash one of our own players. Whether Mankins is a D bag as well has nothing to do with whether or not you are also a D bag.

Since when? The fatso's been messing with us for over a year! No class on that guy. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pancakespwn. Show Pancakespwn's posts

He has a contract to sign but can't be here till Friday as thats when the deals can be offically signed. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In Response to LOGAN MANKINS IS A PHONNY!!!:
    [QUOTE]After the LG signed his tender to stay with the Patriots for, at least, another season, he promised that he would be on time for the first day of practice. Well, who was surprised to see that he was missing today?  Mankins, along with  veteran  CB Kyle Arrington, RB BenJarvus Green-Ellis, T Nick Kaczur, TE Alge Crumpler, DL Myron Pryor and DL Marcus Stroud were missing. Also missing were the rookies. What are your thoughts on Mankins going back on his word and do you think the rookies will have any impact when they still don't know anything about the system with less than a month before the regular season starts? 
    Posted by 49Patriots[/QUOTE]

Aren't you jumping the gun a bit? Maybe he had a good reason. Says PatsEng:

"He can't show up. He can't show up because all these contracts being signed in the last couple days don't offically count until the start of the NFL year which won't be until Friday I believe. if he signed the tag before the lockout that would be a different story but since it was recent he can't"

As for Stroud, he's been released...possibly as soon as Haynesworth was acquired.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]You s*ck Babe! Get used to him pal cause he is not going anywhere.

Sorry, your ingrate is history on this team. It's just a matter of time .Screw him. He surely has tried to screw us.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

Just got this article on espn, I'm not sure if this was set in stone, the article was a few days ago.

"However, when veteran free agents do sign with teams, they will not be able to participate in any practice, weight training or workouts until the beginning of the league year, slated to be Aug. 4. They will be required to attend classroom sessions and non-physical activity once the contracts are signed."

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/6799301/nflpa-oks-deal-roger-goodell-says-football-back

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanCap. Show SanCap's posts

It's phunny he can't spell phony.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

WOW! This is pretty rediculous. Sorry. It just is. The guy - Mankins- to-date never misses a game from injury! THat is something for an OLineman. He is an bonifide All Pro. Coaches and players on the Pats and all around the league agree. He has never been a bad influence in the locker room. NEVER. He has ALWAYS been a strong influence in preparing mind and body for the season and for each game.

In short he is all but the perfect player. The one issue has been his desire to get paid what he feels is fair. Everyone wants to get what they think is fair. He is not a guy who is asking for crazy money. It is possible if not likely he has gotten bad advice from his agent and there have been bad things said. But he is not cheap, not a big mouth and he is a great player AND a great teammate.

THe Pats want to keep him. They do not pay more than they calculate he is worth. If he wants more than the Pats calculations he will leave. Otherwise he will stay. Pretty simple.

As for me, I really want to see him stay. THis year of course. But imagine him anchring the line with Volmer and a Solder with a year under his belt and perhaps Cannon at the other guard and perhaps Connolly or another young stud replacing an aging Koppen. What a line!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

[QUOTE]WOW! This is pretty rediculous. Sorry. It just is. The guy - Mankins- to-date never misses a game from injury! THat is something for an OLineman. He is an bonifide All Pro. Coaches and players on the Pats and all around the league agree. He has never been a bad influence in the locker room. NEVER. He has ALWAYS been a strong influence in preparing mind and body for the season and for each game. In short he is all but the perfect player. The one issue has been his desire to get paid what he feels is fair. Everyone wants to get what they think is fair. He is not a guy who is asking for crazy money. It is possible if not likely he has gotten bad advice from his agent and there have been bad things said. But he is not cheap, not a big mouth and he is a great player AND a great teammate. THe Pats want to keep him. They do not pay more than they calculate he is worth. If he wants more than the Pats calculations he will leave. Otherwise he will stay. Pretty simple. As for me, I really want to see him stay. THis year of course. But imagine him anchring the line with Volmer and a Solder with a year under his belt and perhaps Cannon at the other guard and perhaps Connolly or another young stud replacing an aging Koppen. What a line!
    Posted by portfolio1[/QUOTE]

I think he was justified in asking for more money. He was making a tender contract at the second round level. Something like $3.5 a season, or thereabouts, and is widely considered the best guard in the league. NE tried to use that as a way to get him to take an offer that was below market. He played hardball right back. If Ne had franchised him, he would have done exactly what he has done now... sign the tender.

Why is it that when everyone doesn't take a below market deal they are a villian?

Also, PatsEng is right. He isn't there because he legally cannot be there. If he gets injured at pre-camp (or whatever this is) NE can just rescind their tag. Arrington cannot be there, nor BJGE, because technically neither are officially Patriots ... although Arrington is all but because he can play here or retire. 

My guess is that Kazcur is injured or is about to get cut once NE has Light hammered out, and NE told him this already. Stroud will be cut momentarily. It's also possible that Pryor and Crump might be cut as well, who knows. They also could have personal business.