1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rusco. Show rusco's posts

Re: lol @ Patriot fans in Denver

In response to PapaJohn18's comment:
    [QUOTE]Pats fans hitting up Denver pot shops before big game

New England Patriots fans are already in a Mile High state of mind for this weekend’s AFC Championship showdown with the Broncos, seizing on the opportunity to score some pot from Denver marijuana shops just days after Colorado legalized weed for recreational use.

“We had 45 people from Massachusetts today — I’d say at least 80 percent of them are here for the game,” said Justin Staley, an owner of Mile High Medical Cannabis, a pot shop across the street from Sports Authority Field at Mile High. “We saw 250 to 300 San Diego Chargers fans last weekend. I know for a fact we’re going to see well over 300 Boston fans. You guys follow your team.”

Because identification is required, Staley could spot Bay Staters hitting town early looking for a Rocky Mountain high.

Colorado became the first state in the nation to legalize recreational marijuana sales on Jan. 1.

Pot prices at Mile High Medical range from $12 for a gram of its “black label” to $50 for an eighth of its “connoisseur label” — but that doesn’t include a whopping 22 percent “grass tax.”

Staley said most out-of-state tourists, including football fans, have been buying a joint or two — though they can legally buy up to a quarter ounce at a time.

Staley figured the state’s new pot laws might also help ease tension between Denver and New England fans in the days leading up to the epic Tom Brady/Peyton Manning QB clash Sunday afternoon.

“I think the cannabis will help keep things under control and keep things happy and calm,” Staley told the Herald yesterday.

Even though the Broncos have a no-pot policy both inside the stadium and at parking lots, plenty of fans were photographed sparking up during last Sunday’s Broncos-Chargers tilt, according to numerous reports.

Massachusetts State Police said they don’t plan any extra enforcement at Logan International Airport to try to catch Pats fans bringing back souvenirs of weed.

“I suspect that to most Patriots fans making the trip, Mile High is only the name of the Broncos’ former stadium, and not a state of consciousness,” said state police spokesman David Procopio. “We don’t see it being a huge problem. But just in case anyone is thinking about it, travelers should be aware that we are vigilant every day for any type of contraband. Anyone who buys marijuana in Colorado is advised to leave it there when they fly back.”

Pot is still banned at Denver International Airport, but a Transportation Security Administration spokeswoman said in a statement to the Herald its policy is to refer drug finds during screenings to law enforcement.

“TSA’s focus is on terrorism and security threats to the aircraft and its passengers,” the agency said.

Under Colorado law, pot tourists can only purchase up to a quarter-ounce of the drug. You also need to be 21 years old and show identification — but your name won’t be recorded. Most pot dispensaries prefer cash, because of sticky banking regulations.

It’s also illegal to smoke in public places, including pot shops, restaurants, bars, coffee shops, parks, Sports Authority Field and even outdoor balconies. Best bets are private residences and certain hotels.

Weed’s OK in the car, as long as you’re transporting and not consuming or under the influence of the drug.

And, don’t stray over the state line. Cops in neighboring states frown upon the free use of weed.

http://bostonherald.com/news_opinion/local_coverage/2014/01/pats_fans_hitting_up_denver_pot_shops_before_big_game

[/QUOTE]

a new day is coming........

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

I get to Denver a lot on business and yes, it is a nice city. However, the Rocky Mountain high has nothing to do with it. In fact, I think it only detracts from what the city really has to offer by way of natural beauty. Don't need to be high to appreciate snow capped mountains and wide open spaces.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to PapaJohn18's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Sorry, Its not letting me post the link.

[/QUOTE]

The trick is to be smarter than your PC.

But, keep trying, Skippy.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Colorado is beautiful. Denver, meh. Another medium sized city, Pittsburgh with a view.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Colorado is beautiful. Denver, meh. Another medium sized city, Pittsburgh with a view.

[/QUOTE]

Gotto go west of Denver for that Colorado beauty.  View is gorgeous, for certain.  Denver is in that level plain and it looks like nothing. Once you make that climb into the mountains, ah yes!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

I like the part about how if everybody was getting high there would be less agression between the fans of the 2 teams.   that's cool...  hey may the best team win.  Pass the herb.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Glenwood Springs CO. One of the best places in this beautiful country! Way better then Denver!

It is the end of prohibition part 2 people. It took almost 100 years to get it right, and if anything alcohol should be illegal as opposed to pot. One kills you, and one calms you. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

In response to TrueChamp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Glenwood Springs CO. One of the best places in this beautiful country! Way better then Denver!

It is the end of prohibition part 2 people. It took almost 100 years to get it right, and if anything alcohol should be illegal as opposed to pot. One kills you, and one calms you. 

[/QUOTE]

um that's extreme.   Moderation is the answer.   OPen up the secret tablet of ancient history ... I think moderation is one of the commandments.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to coolade2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

um that's extreme.   Moderation is the answer.   OPen up the secret tablet of ancient history ... I think moderation is one of the commandments.

[/QUOTE]

I agree moderation is key in all aspects of life, but what's the extreme part? 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

um,  the kills you part....  but I can see your point if you mean a drunk driver.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

um,  the kills you part....  but I can see your point if you mean a drunk driver.

[/QUOTE]

200k people every year drink themselves to death. That's with no accidents.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Funny you say that.  When I was out there working in Denver, people I met who lived there described Denver as Kansas with a mountain view.  Having driven across Kansas, I could see their point.

I've worked in Pittsburgh also, GREAT  people but not a lot going on.  Denver has a lot going on and it also has people.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

No wonder the fans up there are all predicting a win for the Broncos.

They are higher than Willie Nelson on the moon.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:
    [QUOTE]

No wonder the fans up there are all predicting a win for the Broncos.

They are higher than Willie Nelson on the moon.

[/QUOTE]

Remember, they could win that division with Tim Tebow as QB.  That has got to distort your perspective more than pot.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

The view of the mountans from Denver is only of the "front range". Getting into the mountains like Estes Park, is where it's at. The eastern half of the state is bland; can't tell Colorado from Kansas, from Nebraska, from OKlahoma, from New Mexico without a GPS. You don't see those 14,000'+ peaks from Denver.

Durango, in SW Colorado is much more beautiful, courtesy of the San Juan Mtns, and you can't ever have a better 4th of July than one in Ouray, CO. Same for experiencing winter in Aspen or Vail, or any of the other ski resorts. Mountain towns/villages are, to me, more scenic than most seacoast towns in New England.

Denver is a "more West" Kansas City, just as Honolulu is a "more West" Los Angeles.  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In response to bostatewarrior's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Funny you say that.  When I was out there working in Denver, people I met who lived there described Denver as Kansas with a mountain view.  Having driven across Kansas, I could see their point.

I've worked in Pittsburgh also, GREAT  people but not a lot going on.  Denver has a lot going on and it also has people.

[/QUOTE]

Denver is fine, I'm not down on it but I wouldn't call it beautiful like say SF. Now Boulder is beautiful, Colorado Springs is very nice, the resort areas. The West in general is spectacular.  

If you want a city with a montain view, go to Salt Lake City. It feels like you're in a snow covered cathedral. Don't bring your paraphenalia though.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I was listening to Arlo Guthrie - Coming into Los Angeles on YouTube last night.  He does a monologue about a pot sniffing narc that stands at the end of the runway as planes come in. The narc can tell which seat anybody carring pot is sitting in.  Hilarious!

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

As a Pats fan who's lived in Denver for 12 years... I agree this is a great place to live.  Much better than Boulder, by the way.  

It's also fun to watch the NE fans invade the local stadiums...

25. This post has been removed.