Longing for boards of yesteryear

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

Longing for boards of yesteryear

I remember way back when reading a thread about a kid from a CA school that people really liked...and the Pats actually ended up drafting him! His name? Tully Banta-Cain.

So what was that? 7 years ago. I could read intelligent information about a kid who ende dup going in the 7th ROUND! That was the type of posters around, those were the types of threads.

Now, here we are in the week of the draft...and there's more nonsense than insight.

I get what's been going on. Some people don't get that there may be more appropriate places to continually start threads on that topic.

At some point the empty cans overran everyone else. It's sad, really. I used to come to the forums to get all my football information. ALL of it. Now I rely on WEEI. I can't express how much this pains me, but I'm left with no choice. The Globe and herald have been unreadable for years. Yahoo is OK...but I always nejoyed and appreciated takes from fellow football fans, not paid clowns.

Sometimes, I think it would be better if posts included no names. Then people couldn't attack based on who wrote it. And maybe people wouldn't be such attention w h o r e s if one person was just as generic as the next by lack of name.

Oh well. 8+ years, 2 screennames, thousands of posts and many good discussions.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Re: Longing for boards of yesteryear

At least there's still the draft thread. It's one of the few that's remained untainted over time

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

Re: Longing for boards of yesteryear

Yep. Can't wait for the draft and will celebrate the picks with you all. Then I'm taking a long, long break from this board