Look Out!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from whodeawhodat. Show whodeawhodat's posts

Look Out!!!

There was Santonio Holmes on the field in three-wide receiver sets with Cotchery and Braylon Edwards, and LaDainian Tomlinson lined up in the backfield. Quarterback Mark Sanchez, recovering from offseason surgery on his left knee, even got some throws in.

An already imposing defense that ranked No. 1 in the league last season added former Pro Bowl cornerback Antonio Cromartie, playmaking safety Brodney Pool and first-round pick Kyle Wilson to team with Revis.

"It's kind of ridiculous," Cotchery said with a laugh. "We warmed up and you look across and you see Cromartie, and there's Revis standing next to him. You see the young kid, Kyle Wilson, as the third corner and it's mind-boggling. Then, you step into the huddle and you look at our wide receivers. It's just crazy."

Crazy like the beating we are going to give to a lot of teams.  BB better get that game plan right because this years games could be down right embarassing...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mountainmonkey. Show mountainmonkey's posts

Re: Look Out!!!

Damn...BB embarassed again next year...for running up the score on the overconfident Yets...if he can stand the embarassment, so can we...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ShiningWizard. Show ShiningWizard's posts

The Jets can bring in all the big names they want.  It doesn't change the facts - they have Dirty Sanchez as their QB and a doofus for a head coach.  I'll take Brady and Belichick anyday of the week over those two. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from whodeawhodat. Show whodeawhodat's posts

Great, it sounds like everyone over here is having as good a time as I am. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bombdog. Show bombdog's posts

Explain to me why you choose to post this crap on a Patriots site.You need to take your Jets crap to a Jets site because nobody here cares what you think about a bunch of losers. Oh and take Bjessus with you

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brendon-Patrick. Show Brendon-Patrick's posts

That team does have a lot of individual talent this season. I'm interested in seeing how everything works out. I really believe that there is potential for the Jets to be amazing after a while but who knows how things turn out.

D'Brick
    Vlad
    Mangold
    Moore
    Woody
    Dustin Keller
    Cotchery
    Braylon
    Shonn Greene
    Sanchez
    Holmes
    LT
    and Brian Schottenheimer to help coordinate things. I think we're looking at those guys being the basis of their offense next season. The defense certainly supports that offense, and the special teams unit is always strict with their supposedly great special teams coach. Add onto the fact that they'll be playing in a new stadium and 2010 figures to be an exciting one for all Jets fans. The hype and hopes must be high.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mountainmonkey. Show mountainmonkey's posts

I'm thinkin' that bag of rocks is pretty insulted about being compared to Cromartie...and I don't blame it...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigPapi61. Show BigPapi61's posts

Look out indeed.. They look great, on paper.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from hardright. Show hardright's posts

Jets fans crack me up.

Always have. Always will.

I've been following the NFL for about 35 years, give or take, and at least 4 or 5 times during that period, the Jets, helped by the NYC media hype machine, have been lauded as the "next big thing" in the NFL after having a surprising post-season run the year before. Every single time that's happened, they've fallen flat on their collective, overhyped faces the following year and then slid back to mediocrity, or worse, in subsequent seasons.

That said, sure, they have a very good pass defense and they've improved their WR corps. And yes, Ryan's defensive scheme causes problems for teams that can't really run the ball very well.

However, Sanchez is still their QB and he could be due for a sophomore slump-type of season, and it's 50/50 right now as to whether or not their running back situation got better or worse from last year.

The bottom line is that New England still has the best QB in the AFC East, and that QB tore up the Jets' pass defense the last time the two teams met in Foxboro (come to think of it, so did Peyton Manning in the AFC title game).

Until proven otherwise, the Patriots still have the advantage over all challengers in the division, because they have Tom Brady at QB and the other teams have Henne, Sanchez and fill-in-the-blank (Buffalo). The NFL, now more than ever, is a QB-driven league.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

In Response to Re: Look Out!!!:
    I was in tears reading this earlier. It reminds me of San Diego or Dallas. Infatuated with themselves and then they can't win in the playoffs.  Immature, stupid and overconfident. Rex Ryan says:  "where do I sign them up?!!"
    Posted by russgriswold

EXACTLY...you said it all brotha.  Great, A few years ago all I heard about was how insanely stacked Denver was, then Dallas was the next Superbowl champ before training camp even began, then OMG- Have ya SEEN the playmakers on San Diego? Dese guys can't lose!  Wasn't it Atlanta in April '09 goin' all the way to Feb '10...I forget now.  See, It's not that ALL team's that "Look" Good, don't win the Superbowl when all's said & done with...  It's just that, 99% of the time it seems to end up that way.  It's really sorta unfair in this life that simply lookin' good, doesn't translate to being victorious, strange.  Seriously though, IF I'm a NY Jet fan I'm celebratin' myt a## off this spring, well, WELL before the jets take the field come Sept., that's a given.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

why would an ex-bag wearing ain'ts fan be posting this nonsense about the Jets?  Lost confidence in your team? 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from boomerst3. Show boomerst3's posts

Games are won on the field. Not by the roster. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ben-umass. Show ben-umass's posts

Look out for when those players hit free agency next year. And really watch out when Revis Island is up for sale

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from HRK103. Show HRK103's posts

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

In Response to Look Out!!!:
    There was Santonio Holmes on the field in three-wide receiver sets with Cotchery and Braylon Edwards , and LaDainian Tomlinson lined up in the backfield. Quarterback Mark Sanchez , recovering from offseason surgery on his left knee, even got some throws in. An already imposing defense that ranked No. 1 in the league last season added former Pro Bowl cornerback Antonio Cromartie , playmaking safety Brodney Pool and first-round pick Kyle Wilson to team with Revis. "It's kind of ridiculous," Cotchery said with a laugh. "We warmed up and you look across and you see Cromartie, and there's Revis standing next to him. You see the young kid, Kyle Wilson, as the third corner and it's mind-boggling. Then, you step into the huddle and you look at our wide receivers. It's just crazy." Crazy like the beating we are going to give to a lot of teams.  BB better get that game plan right because this years games could be down right embarassing...
    Posted by whodeawhodat

Sounds great except you didn't account for holmes to be doing time, LT to be pouting on the sideline and edwards to be in Rickers under psychiatric observation. Revis will be holding out, cromartie will be on the sidelines arguing with his coach and kyle wilson will follow in the long tradition of jests #1 pick flops.

Right, we're losing lots of sleep over your collection of overpaid misfits, malcontents, has-beens and head cases. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

We'll see once the season starts. There's always one team each year that sportscasters just seem to gloat over as the team to win it all. All too often they end up around .500 and don't live up to the potential. They have a pretty tough first 7 games of the season. If they get off to a 2-5 or 1-6 start their finished.

Balt  - IMO these guys could be the best team in the league
    Pats - Division game
    @Phins - Division game
    @Bills - Divison game
    Vikings - Favre if back returns to face his old team, Holmes back for Jets
    @Broncos - Tough venue on the road
    Packers - Could be up their with Vikings as the best team in the NFC

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from LasVegasPatsFan. Show LasVegasPatsFan's posts

ask Daniel Snyder how his plans work out each year.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

In Response to Re: Look Out!!!:
    In Response to Look Out!!! : Sounds great except you didn't account for holmes to be doing time, LT to be pouting on the sideline and edwards to be in Rickers under psychiatric observation. Revis will be holding out, cromartie will be on the sidelines arguing with his coach and kyle wilson will follow in the long tradition of jests #1 pick flops. Right, we're losing lots of sleep over your collection of overpaid misfits, malcontents, has-beens and head cases. 
    Posted by unclealfie

You forgot to mention Cromartie running from the cops for failing to pay child support for his seven kids in five different states or whatever it is...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from JBonesky. Show JBonesky's posts

I predict Sanchez is the type of QB that will never see a SB ring

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

This is the best time of the year to be a Jets fan...before the season begins and the dissapointment sets in.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Wow! Holmes, Edwards, and Cotchery?!! That is a formidable WR group, but who's throwing them the ball? Oh, that's right, Mark Sanchez. Until the Jets get a QB that doesn't turn the ball over, I'm won't be scared of them. 

They make a great D though, on paper. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheFantasyBaron. Show TheFantasyBaron's posts

I heard Sanchez will be running laps by September and putting full weight on the leg by January - oh and the Jets are going to the SB.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patriots12x81. Show Patriots12x81's posts

The jets may have big names but there still the jets.... a bunch of headcases the jets are not good there not discipline and there not clutch and there to young the pats have way too many advantages over the jets theres no reason for us to look out!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

I very rarely put much stock in preseason hype and I don't care if every writer in NYc believes that the Jets are a legitimate contender,it won't make it so! Remeber this Jests fans you played a 3rd place schedule last year and in two of their wins the teams laid down for them so they wouldn't get their players injured. So instead of winding up 7-9 the jets wound up 9-7. Jets fans take a deep breath and think about all the hype for just a minute. I think even in your wildest imaginations you'll realize that making the playoffs last year was a gift from the Colts and the Bengals...Never mind I'm talking to Jests fans,I must be losing it trying to get them to understand things from the logical point of view,just don't blame me when you folks are ready to slit your wrists this season cause the team isn't doing very well.