Looking ahead...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dustcover. Show dustcover's posts

Looking ahead...

The equipment truck hasn't even left Fenway for Fort Myers and yet I'm looking at next season's PAT's opponents.

Home: Buffalo, Miami, NY Jets, Cleveland, Pittsburgh, Denver, New Orleans, Tampa Bay

Away: Buffalo, Miami, NY Jets, Baltimore, Cincinnati, Houston, Atlanta, Carolina

I don't see divisional rivals as posing much of a threat, although Miami with a ton of cap space may improve.

The return of Sean Payton bodes well for the Saints but they may still be "hungover".

Steelers on the decline.

Cleveland and Tampa still not there for primetime.

Ravens without Lewis and Reed will revert to "middle-of-the-pack".  Flacco still not elite.

Cincinnati and Houston with individual star-studded-talent lack cohesion.

Atlanta represents a real threat in Georgia Dome.

Carolina has a long ways to go.

I'm sensing a 15-1 season with a Super Bowl trophy.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dwhite1220. Show dwhite1220's posts

Re: Looking ahead...

In response to dustcover's comment:

The equipment truck hasn't even left Fenway for Fort Myers and yet I'm looking at next season's PAT's opponents.

Home: Buffalo, Miami, NY Jets, Cleveland, Pittsburgh, Denver, New Orleans, Tampa Bay

Away: Buffalo, Miami, NY Jets, Baltimore, Cincinnati, Houston, Atlanta, Carolina

I don't see divisional rivals as posing much of a threat, although Miami with a ton of cap space may improve.

The return of Sean Payton bodes well for the Saints but they may still be "hungover".

Steelers on the decline.

Ravens without Lewis and Reed will revert to "middle-of-the-pack".  Flacco still not elite.

15-1, a bye and then a stinker( game)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from LHNYJ. Show LHNYJ's posts

If the Jets don't make the SB then I would want the pats to get there and then lose the game on a fluky play off of an opponenets helmet or a terrible pass from Brady Welker .....again.

hey but that's just me!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

AT Baltimore, Atlanta and Houston.  Pittsburgh, New Orleans and Denver in town and a 15 - 1 season??!!  Long way from that now... let's see how the team will look, personnel wise, before we can even discuss record!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

Honest question: What did you predict your record to be this season when you looked at the schedule last year?

Here's something for you,

2010: Loss to the would be 5-11 Browns

2011: Loss to the would be 6-10 Bills

2012: Loss to the would be 5-11 Cardinals

If I'm not mistaken, this was only the second time the Patriots have swept the division under Brady.

Your evaluation of the schedule is that some teams will get worse and pretty much all the others (except Miami) won't improve. You also predict the Pats won't lose to a team that they're better than, despite the fact that this has happened every season.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from tg19pats. Show tg19pats's posts

In my ultimate wisdom, i thought the pats would be 11-5 our 10-6 this past season, thought the young defense needed to continue to grow up and was unsure of how the offensive line would play.  After looking at the schedule and BEFORE seeing any of the offseason moves, it looks like the pats could go 11-5 with that schedule.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Steelers on the decline.

Thats the problem now dude. We keep blowing through these cupcake schedules with no GUT CHECK wins and are ill prepared to do battle in these postseason wars when our regular reason resume is beating up on scrubs. This  team needs a TOUGH shedule. So basically you either DONT make the playoffs which means you werent good enough or you EARN it so when u arrive  you dont pizz it away because you were unprepared. BB seems to coach scary when it counts. Why do we go for it on 4th down all regular season and then in playoffs we  are punting in the redzones! lol....Wow

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to RockScully's comment:

Per RKarp, the Jets are in great cap position and a serious threat to sweep the Pats next year.

can you stop idolizing me? and stop putting words in my mouth. I have commented on this board, quoted numerous sources, and shown repeatedly how the Jets with ease will be under the cap by minimum $10million.

I have never said they are in "great cap position", nor did I ever say they are a "threat to sweep the Pats next year"...

I know you idolize me and want to be me, even though I bludgeon you in every debate, but if you want to be me, at least parrot what I say, not make things up.

I am still waiting for you to say one thing of intellect regarding the cap, other than lies about what I said...

for the 12th time...cutting Bart Scott, Calvin PAce and Jason Smith takes the Jets under the cap. Other players can be cut, and others renegotiated. why is that so hard for you to fathom? it has also been so widely reported, not simply me making it up, that even you with your lack of a Harvard education really should have the sense to understand

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Houston was a gutcheck game. I might even argue that Thanksgiving night in NY was a gutcheck game considering how big that was hyped up by the Jets.

SF was another late in the year.  The turnovers in a bad conditions hurt their chances, but the comeback was a gutty comeback, too.  No NFL opponent is really "cupcake".  Sometimes NE's match up advantages make it seem that way, but no one is really a cupcake.

Fact is, NE lost in Week 2, their home opener, to Arizona and they still hosted the AFC Title game.

I disagree. I dont think Houston was a gut check. They didnt show up in either game and based on how we looked the week after , its obvious that game didnt nothing to prepare us. I will give you maybe 3 on the year but ive always thought you need atleast 5 to be prepared for the big games and we always had those when we werent the greatest show on astro turf and had to really play well in all phases to win. In regular season we let Brady take over games to get a good record and a bye but it means nothing if you arent battle tested and I like how you glossed over the BB comment and didnt adress it but do u have any clue why BB loves to go on 4th down reg. season but his tail curls up in postseason and he punts from other teams 35??  I think thats a cowardly move for a guy like BB. I mean you have to go for the Gusto and take your chances. He coached that game like there was a next week and there wasnt.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:

Houston was a gutcheck game. I might even argue that Thanksgiving night in NY was a gutcheck game considering how big that was hyped up by the Jets.

SF was another late in the year.  The turnovers in a bad conditions hurt their chances, but the comeback was a gutty comeback, too.  No NFL opponent is really "cupcake".  Sometimes NE's match up advantages make it seem that way, but no one is really a cupcake.

Fact is, NE lost in Week 2, their home opener, to Arizona and they still hosted the AFC Title game.

I disagree. I dont think Houston was a gut check. They didnt show up in either game and based on how we looked the week after , its obvious that game didnt nothing to prepare us. I will give you maybe 3 on the year but ive always thought you need atleast 5 to be prepared for the big games and we always had those when we werent the greatest show on astro turf and had to really play well in all phases to win. In regular season we let Brady take over games to get a good record and a bye but it means nothing if you arent battle tested and I like how you glossed over the BB comment and didnt adress it but do u have any clue why BB loves to go on 4th down reg. season but his tail curls up in postseason and he punts from other teams 35??  I think thats a cowardly move for a guy like BB. I mean you have to go for the Gusto and take your chances. He coached that game like there was a next week and there wasnt.

End of the day your play the games on the schedule...if you're lucky enough to navigate the season and win enough games to qualify for the playoffs, you get a shot at playing for the shiny football in February....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

Steelers on the decline.

it never ends...i'm sensing an imbecile

btw pats fans have had the steelers in "decline" for about 5 years now

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking1. Show harleyroadking1's posts

In response to 42AND46's comment:

Steelers on the decline.

yup yourself

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to harleyroadking1's comment:

In response to 42AND46's comment:

Steelers on the decline.

yup yourself

hey honda how's the motor scooter?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from auchhhhhhhhhhh. Show auchhhhhhhhhhh's posts

12 - 4 or 13 - 3 Again... #1 or #2 in the AFC

Lets hope injuries give this team a break at the right time... i wanna see Aaron anf Gronk healthy !!!