Looking for a couple of good books to read?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from KellieMB. Show KellieMB's posts

Looking for a couple of good books to read?

I'm sure these have been talked about on here before, but i just finished "Patriot Reign" and "Education of a Coach"

Did you guys know BB has been studying film since he was 9?!

A lot of great insight on the team and BB. Also, for those of you frustrated with this off season, "Patriot Reign" gives a lot of insight into the process and it might make you feel a little better!

http://www.amazon.com/Patriot-Reign-Belichick-Coaches-Champion/dp/0060757949

http://www.amazon.com/Education-Coach-David-Halberstam/dp/B000LP64NQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1270752048&sr=1-1

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rebels1520. Show rebels1520's posts

Re: Looking for a couple of good books to read?

did michael holley write patriot reign?

i could easily click on the links but at work i dont have access haha

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking103. Show harleyroadking103's posts

Kellie~ I've read those plus "Moving the Chains and "Tales from the Patriots sideline" I should read them again.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking103. Show harleyroadking103's posts

In Response to Re: Looking for a couple of good books to read?:
    did michael holley write patriot reign? i could easily click on the links but at work i dont have access haha
    Posted by rebels1520

YES

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

The Art of War by Sun Tzu:

http://books.google.com/books?id=GR4GGSDBYnQC&pg=PA5&lpg=PA5&dq=the+art+of+war+by+Sun+Tzu+bill+belichick&source=bl&ots=LfbBPA4Zf9&sig=bBTU5tVnEUlZiV83EC3CGFc4HLw&hl=en&ei=mye-S5ilM5HgM7_MsfYJ&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=1&ved=0CA0Q6AEwAA#v=onepage&q=the%20art%20of%20war%20by%20Sun%20Tzu%20bill%20belichick&f=false

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

"I'm sure these have been talked about on here before, but i just finished "Patriot Reign" and "Education of a Coach"
    Did you guys know BB has been studying film since he was 9?!
    A lot of great insight on the team and BB. Also, for those of you frustrated with this off season, "Patriot Reign" gives a lot of insight into the process and it might make you feel a little better
    !"

I believe Kellie, that your first avatar was some sort of downward brunette pic of you, correct?  O.k., you're a still young, pretty brunette, who enjoys reading, and loves The Patriots...So alright, I don't wanna be forward too much here, but I'd like right now to express my undying eternal love for you before someone else beats me to it...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

" I'm sure these have been talked about on here before, but i just finished "Patriot Reign" and "Education of a Coach" Did you guys know BB has been studying film since he was 9?! A lot of great insight on the team and BB. Also, for those of you frustrated with this off season, "Patriot Reign" gives a lot of insight into the process and it might make you feel a little better !" I believe Kellie , that your first avatar was some sort of downward brunette pic of you, correct?  O.k., you're a still young, pretty brunette, who enjoys reading, and loves The Patriots...So alright, I don't wanna be forward too much here, but I'd like right now to express my undying eternal love for you before someone else beats me to it...
    Posted by LazarusintheSanatorium

Laz,  that's gotta be the shortest post you've ever written. Direct and to the point....lol.  Ummmm, just don't become a stalker, k?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from KellieMB. Show KellieMB's posts

" I'm sure these have been talked about on here before, but i just finished "Patriot Reign" and "Education of a Coach" Did you guys know BB has been studying film since he was 9?! A lot of great insight on the team and BB. Also, for those of you frustrated with this off season, "Patriot Reign" gives a lot of insight into the process and it might make you feel a little better !" I believe Kellie , that your first avatar was some sort of downward brunette pic of you, correct?  O.k., you're a still young, pretty brunette, who enjoys reading, and loves The Patriots...So alright, I don't wanna be forward too much here, but I'd like right now to express my undying eternal love for you before someone else beats me to it...

LOL! So I have never posted a pic of myself on here because of work. As I promised another poster I will post a pic by late summer. I am brunette, pretty young, green eyes, 5'7 and yes I truly love football (ALL aspects of football not just the Pats). And yes I can and love to read. I also like long walks on the beach and men who aren't afraid to share their feelings.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

....and men who aren't afraid to share their feelings.

Warped though they may be, Laz is the guy for you then!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

I could go so many different ways with that but will just say, you beat me to it.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from KellieMB. Show KellieMB's posts

In Response to Re: Looking for a couple of good books to read? : I could go so many different ways with that but will just say, you beat me to it.
    Posted by Pats7393

Is that your blog?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

In Response to Re: Looking for a couple of good books to read? : Is that your blog?
    Posted by KellieMB

Yes it is and I have not done a very good job keeping it up, actually a terrible job since my first post a while back.  I have been written a lot on the thread that has over 3200 posts.  Maybe I should update it since I kept it there.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from KellieMB. Show KellieMB's posts

In Response to Re: Looking for a couple of good books to read? : Yes it is and I have not done a very good job keeping it up, actually a terrible job since my first post a while back.  I have been written a lot on the thread that has over 3200 posts.  Maybe I should update it since I kept it there.
    Posted by Pats7393

You should! I really wanted to do a Pats blog for girls so if you ever want a guest writer let me know! Wink Now you have TWO followers!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from R3S1N20. Show R3S1N20's posts

patriot reign is such a good book, so much so that im reading it a second time as i got it when it first came out, read it and then didnt look at it again until now. Its funny the book i have has a picture of micheal holley in it with his dreads B4 he shaved his head..  It's how i origionally learned that Pioli is Parcells son in law. Which is kind of weird having thinking about it now that belicheck had someone on his staff who was close to parcells, considering the riff that belichick and parcells had when belichick joined the pats.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from KellieMB. Show KellieMB's posts

patriot reign is such a good book, so much so that im reading it a second time as i got it when it first came out, read it and then didnt look at it again until now. Its funny the book i have has a picture of micheal holley in it with his dreads B4 he shaved his head..  It's how i origionally learned that Pioli is Parcells son in law. Which is kind of weird having thinking about it now that belicheck had someone on his staff who was close to parcells, considering the riff that belichick and parcells had when belichick joined the pats.    
    Posted by R3S1N20

I actually can't wait to read it again! There is so much info you almost have to read it twice....

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from R3S1N20. Show R3S1N20's posts

There's a funny little excerpt about patrick pass in the book, Anyone remember him???  It says that a few teammates had questioned patrick toughness, a guy who could play on special teams and at fullback. This guy gets a hangnail and you think you have to call the mortuary."he's dead, said brad seely, the special teams coach. wies said there were lots of phrases for huys-coach killer,enigma- and all of them described pass. "the only thing in his defense-And believe me i cant stand The Motherf!cker- is that quarterbacks like him. they ask me, what about pass? i dont know Why.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

This is a good book on Brady:

http://www.amazon.com/Moving-Chains-Pursuit-Everything-ebook/dp/B000RG1NSU/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&m=AG56TWVU5XWC2&s=digital-text&qid=1270760578&sr=8-3

It tells you a lot about Brady's upbringing and the things he overcame in high school and college to become the Patriots starter. You really gain insight on why he is the way he is.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

I think it's Patriot Reign but in one of the books there's a story about how Belichick knew going into training camp that his roster was loaded with too many fairies and cupcakes. Supposedly, he paid Lawyer Milloy some money to stir up a fight during training camp and that helped form some pretty strong bonds in the locker room.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from R3S1N20. Show R3S1N20's posts

In patriot reign It explains why he got rid of Lawyer and tebucky jones, Lawyer-BB thought he had lost a step or two and he knew tebucky was gonna want a big contract, and he hadnt made any game changing plays, no interception, no FF, etc.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

In Response to Re: Looking for a couple of good books to read? : You should! I really wanted to do a Pats blog for girls so if you ever want a guest writer let me know! Now you have TWO followers!!
    Posted by KellieMB

Well thank you, you are welcomed to write anytime.  I was just actually thinking of topics for my next blog, don't know why this topic came to mind but "are men happier or would prefer their wife or girlfriend is a sports fans" haha or projected moves by round and who I pick with a final 53 man roster.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

I've already read Education of a Coach and I agree that it's excellent.  Another good sports book by Halberstam is The Breaks of the Game (basketball)

I'll rattle off a few books that I've read recently and liked.

Fiction:
    Good Omens by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett (one of the best books I've ever read and an excellent religious satire)
    American Gods by Neil Gaiman

Classics:
    Dante's Inferno by Dante Aligieri

Non-fiction:
    Influence: Science and Practice by Robert Cialdini

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

I've read bits of Patriot Reign and it's good. I've read a little bit of Education Of A Coach and while what I've read seems okay David Halberstam (the author) is not a trustworthy writer given his history of telling stories instead of writing accurate history.
    Posted by STP43FAN

I've read Education of a Coach.  Thought it was very good.  Not sure where you come up with David H. not being trustworthy.  FWIW he is a Pulitzer winner.  You could make the case that he was too close a friend of BB to make a full profile of both the positives and negatives.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

"LOL! So I have never posted a pic of myself on here because of work. As I promised another poster I will post a pic by late summer. I am brunette, pretty young, green eyes, 5'7 and yes I truly love football (ALL aspects of football not just the Pats). And yes I can and love to read. I also like long walks on the beach and men who aren't afraid to share their feelings."

Kellie, ya ever see Groundhog Day?  Bill Murray's (character: Phil) speaking to Andie Macdowell (character: Rita), asking her what she looks for in a man:

Phil: "What are ya looking for? Who is your perfect guy?
    Rita: "First of all, he's far too humble to know he's perfect."
    Phil: "That's me."
    Rita: "He's intelligent, supportive, funny."
    Phil: "Me, Me...Me."
    Rita: "He's romantic and courageous."
    Phil: "Me also."
    Rita: "He's got a good body, but doesn't look in the mirror every two minutes."
    Phil: "I have a great body and sometimes I go months without looking in a mirror."
    Rita: "He's not afraid to cry in front of me."
    Phil: "This is a man we're talking about, right?"

~So that's that...First off, I'm well-aware that this is a thread about reading, and I my best reference was a film...but in my defense, Everybody knows that there really hasn't been anything ever written about relationships...
    Needless to say, garytx is right on this one...I'm not one single bit afraid to express my feelings, ZERO Violent Felony Convictions, NOT some freaky jealous & possesive cyber-stalker. 
    Yup, I qualify on ALL of the above and even more...wait just a minute, WhoTH is this other poster, You promised to post a pic by the end of his summer for, I don't like it when my girl's messin' around on me, 'cause than I have ta do something crazy to that guy...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In Response to Re: Looking for a couple of good books to read? : LOL! So I have never posted a pic of myself on here because of work. As I promised another poster I will post a pic by late summer. I am brunette, pretty young, green eyes, 5'7 and yes I truly love football (ALL aspects of football not just the Pats). And yes I can and love to read. I also like long walks on the beach and men who aren't afraid to share their feelings.
    Posted by KellieMB

Well SOB, Christmas in August! Nothing better than an intellectual female with a love for all things Patriots (Or football, as long as she ain't a Jet fan. Tebow Christ, Jet females look like Rex Ryan in a wig). 

Sorry Laz, if you want this woman you will have to fight me to the death. As long as she's 19 years of age, but she's probably 25. ; ) 

And sorry, luv, I don't share feelings. Still young, dum and full of c*m.