Lots of fast CB's and S in the combine this year.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Lots of fast CB's and S in the combine this year.

Just sayin.... Man, these guys are fast coming into the Pro's.  Lots of great speed and skills at these positions in this years draft.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Re: Lots of fast CB's and S in the combine this year.

I don't know if there's  player that I want more in this draft than Louisville S Calvin Pryor. He's everything they don't have on the backend of their defense, a big, fast, rangy kid that will look to cave your face/chest in... a true tone setter.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from OnlyDaTruth. Show OnlyDaTruth's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Just sayin.... Man, these guys are fast coming into the Pro's.  Lots of great speed and skills at these positions in this years draft.

[/QUOTE]

yeah, but can they cover, hit hard/tackle, create turnovers? We can use the help if they can.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from OnlyDaTruth. Show OnlyDaTruth's posts

In response to mbeaulieu07's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I don't know if there's  player that I want more in this draft than Louisville S Calvin Pryor. He's everything they don't have on the backend of their defense, a big, fast, rangy kid that will look to cave your face/chest in... a true tone setter.

[/QUOTE]

6'1", 210. Looks like he's played free and strong safety. Which position is he being projected for in the NFL?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

If they did target him it would be interesting as it looks like he is projected to go anywhere from 25-30.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Where do you project him going?  Bleacher says 16 to Dallas.  If so, may be a bit of a challenge to get him.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to OnlyDaTruth's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

6'1", 210. Looks like he's played free and strong safety. Which position is he being projected for in the NFL?

[/QUOTE]

I think he could play in a single high or two-deep alignment without much issue, but will also be a hammer down in the box.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

You'll see him projected all over the place and there is certainly no guarantee that he's available at #29... though I think a player of his caliber would justify a trade up to #25 or so, if he's available there.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from OnlyDaTruth. Show OnlyDaTruth's posts

[QUOTE]

You'll see him projected all over the place and there is certainly no guarantee that he's available at #29... though I think a player of his caliber would justify a trade up to #25 or so, if he's available there.

[/QUOTE]

Noone can ever predict if BB would be willing to trade up for him or ending up trading out of the first round. All I know is that Gregory ain't cuttin' it. We need someone who can inflict pain.....lol.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Noone can ever predict if BB would be willing to trade up for him or ending up trading out of the first round. All I know is that Gregory ain't cuttin' it. We need someone who can inflict pain.....lol.

[/QUOTE]

No doubt about that... everyone is calling for DT, TE or DB help, etc... so he'll draft a WR in Rd 1.

I think Gregory is at least servicable, but seems to miss too many tackles/take bad angles, IMO.  Like him more for depth than as a starter.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

That would be awesome, the only thing I don't like is his weakness...

Plays with too much reckless abandon and lacks discipline playing the cutback. Takes some bad angles and can be outflanked to the perimeter. Average production on the ball. Is not asked to play a lot of man coverage.

To me, that sounds like Brandon Meriweather all over again.  Can Clinton-Dix play SS?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from OnlyDaTruth. Show OnlyDaTruth's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

No doubt about that... everyone is calling for DT, TE or DB help, etc... so he'll draft a WR in Rd 1.

I think Gregory is at least servicable, but seems to miss too many tackles/take bad angles, IMO.  Like him more for depth than as a starter.

[/QUOTE]

LOL.  Gregory is serviceable, but is that what we need at that position.  I don't think opposing players worry too much about him.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

Yeah but are any tall ones that will be available when the Pats pick?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

That would be awesome, the only thing I don't like is his weakness...

Plays with too much reckless abandon and lacks discipline playing the cutback. Takes some bad angles and can be outflanked to the perimeter. Average production on the ball. Is not asked to play a lot of man coverage.

To me, that sounds like Brandon Meriweather all over again.  Can Clinton-Dix play SS?

[/QUOTE]

Ba-Randon did what every Ba-Randon wanted too, that was his problem... too much freelancing.  I think Pryor can be over-aggressive at times, as is the case with physical S, but he still operates within the scheme.

Clinton-Dix isn't the same kind of physical player as Pryor.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

LOL.  Gregory is serviceable, but is that what we need at that position.  I don't think opposing players worry too much about him.

[/QUOTE]

Opposing players don't worry about anyone in the NE secondary, at least from a physicality standpoint. ha

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from fishers5. Show fishers5's posts

I may be wrong, but Gregory is terrible with angles and tackling.  Key will the jumps that Harmon and Ryan make in 2nd year (and if Talib is resigned).   

I am the McGill bandwagon so c'mon BB make my day.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Thats a strong endorsement and I trust your judgement more than anyone in regards to college talent but MY question would be does BB dip into the 1st or 2nd round to grab a safety after drafting safeties in each of the last 2 drafts, Gregory signed 2 years ago? Would you draft S before DT and OL?

I mean Im ALL for getting that Tone Setter but dont see BB going draft route again. As much as WE see the need, BB may look to promote from within w/Harmon which is ok but he isnt the tone setter we need iMO. IS he a better/crisp tackler than Gregory, Yes but his lack of playing time when Gregory was whiffing tells me he lacks the smarts.

Gregory played better earlier in the year before the hand injury. My concern is BB may be content w/Gregory/Dmac/Harmon for another year and site lack of front seven players for their weak play. All in all, I just feel without adressing pass rush, our guys are still gonna be overwhelmed, esp. a rookie. So my question is there any bigger safeties that may last to 2nd day that may be projects that BB may take a flyer on? Pryor is a longshot IMO.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from HelmetofLeather. Show HelmetofLeather's posts

In response to fishers5's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I may be wrong, but Gregory is terrible with angles and tackling.  Key will the jumps that Harmon and Ryan make in 2nd year (and if Talib is resigned).   

I am the McGill bandwagon so c'mon BB make my day.

[/QUOTE]

Gregory is the typical BB failure at trying to replace Rodney. We've passed on making draft moves for an Elam, Swearinger, Harrison Smith, etc to drafts duds like Tavon Wilson (jury out on Harmon) and sign old turds like John Lynch, Tank Williams and Adrian Wilson (Really wanted Ed Reed too) instead of making a splash with a Whitner etc....

Unless Lombardi actually has some sway in whom we pick at 29, then forget all these nice names coming across the board as we will pass on the talent we need to pick yet another "scheme" guy expected to go in rounds 4 or later.....

I will steal Missouri's state nick name for this draft....

"SHOW ME !!"

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Thats a strong endorsement and I trust your judgement more than anyone in regards to college talent but MY question would be does BB dip into the 1st or 2nd round to grab a safety after drafting safeties in each of the last 2 drafts, Gregory signed 2 years ago? Would you draft S before DT and OL?

I mean Im ALL for getting that Tone Setter but dont see BB going draft route again. As much as WE see the need, BB may look to promote from within w/Harmon which is ok but he isnt the tone setter we need iMO. IS he a better/crisp tackler than Gregory, Yes but his lack of playing time when Gregory was whiffing tells me he lacks the smarts.

Gregory played better earlier in the year before the hand injury. My concern is BB may be content w/Gregory/Dmac/Harmon for another year and site lack of front seven players for their weak play. All in all, I just feel without adressing pass rush, our guys are still gonna be overwhelmed, esp. a rookie. So my question is there any bigger safeties that may last to 2nd day that may be projects that BB may take a flyer on? Pryor is a longshot IMO.

[/QUOTE]

So I should re-word my statement... there isn't a player that I want more, that could be in range when they're on the clock, than Calvin Pryor.

If a Louis Nix is there, I'd take him in a heartbeat... if OT/OG Zack Martin where there, or CB's Justin Gilbert and Darqueze Dennard were there, I'd love to have them too.  I also like Tuitt, Hageman, WR Brandin Cooks and a more off the radar type in undersized DT Aaron Donald.

When it comes to Rd 1, I'm looking for the best players available, and I think that Pryor not only could be that guy, but he fits a missing component of their defense.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from HelmetofLeather. Show HelmetofLeather's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to TripleOG's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

So I should re-word my statement... there isn't a player that I want more, that could be in range when they're on the clock, than Calvin Pryor.

If a Louis Nix is there, I'd take him in a heartbeat... if OT/OG Zack Martin where there, or CB's Justin Gilbert and Darqueze Dennard were there, I'd love to have them too.  I also like Tuitt, Hageman, WR Brandin Cooks and a more off the radar type in undersized DT Aaron Donald.

When it comes to Rd 1, I'm looking for the best players available, and I think that Pryor not only could be that guy, but he fits a missing component of their defense.

[/QUOTE]

Looks like there will need to be a few surprise picks ahead of 29 for Pryor to fall to us........."Always look on the bright side of life"

...and BB to actually take him !!!!