Louis nzegwu a Patriot.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from No-Mercy-Defence. Show No-Mercy-Defence's posts

Louis nzegwu a Patriot.

Anyone know anything else about this kid, he looks like another JPP. really hoping the patriots scouts have something on him would love to have him on the pats. here is a video of his highlights

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EF0QLoOtLlg

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Re: Louis nzegwu a Patriot.

Wow, he looks like a very good prospect, but I absolutely hate highlights like this because they are in slow motion and it's tough to really see how he plays. You could definitely tell he has long arms, changes direction well and can bend. I tried to watch other highlights of him, but instead of it being in slow motion, it was too fast (which was worse).

I'm glad we got him...it's amazing how smart we are..we got this kid before the draft even began!! I kind of feel bad for him though - because he'll be missing out on all the draft weekend festivities and such (it'll kind of be like the kid who misses his senior prom...that will come back to haunt him later in life). The commissioner will probably be pissed that we nabbed a future 1st or second round pick weeks before the draft as well, but he has bigger fish to fry (Saints). Can't wait to see this guy line up on the other side of Ninc!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

and Bill s already given him a playbook!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from e4smith. Show e4smith's posts

Misleading thread title?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

Wishing is fishing.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

BB/NC are gonna talk/visit with/workout hundreds of players before draft day,  and while he's prob a late round/URFA type, I do like his length and movement skills.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

In Response to Re: Louis nzegwu a Patriot.:
    [QUOTE]I do like his length and movement skills.
    Posted by mbeaulieu07[/QUOTE]

No doubt, he's has that

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from titletownfan. Show titletownfan's posts

Maybe he warrants a late round selection ala Markell Carter.  Still, I don't think he's the only pass rusher we should add to the stable.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

his arm length is quite average, but he is very athletic,fast and man that boy can jump!  would be a good OLB prospect for us.  that being said what's wrong with him?  Why is he a late round prospect with those measureables and that speed? I cannot find any site with a projected round for him.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from No-Mercy-Defence. Show No-Mercy-Defence's posts

Would be nice to add a DE who is 6-5 and plays like a jpp or is very similar if patriots Dont nab this guy the giants will

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from No-Mercy-Defence. Show No-Mercy-Defence's posts

In response to "Re: Louis nzegwu a Patriot.": [QUOTE]his arm length is quite average, but he is very athletic,fast and man that boy can jump!  would be a good OLB prospect for us.  that being said what's wrong with him?  Why is he a late round prospect with those measureables and that speed? I cannot find any site with a projected round for him. Posted by natesubs[/QUOTE] I honestly dont know why hes projected a lower round he looks stout against The run and an effective pass-rusher . Ill keep digging to see what i can find

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from No-Mercy-Defence. Show No-Mercy-Defence's posts

In response to "Re: Louis nzegwu a Patriot.": [QUOTE]his arm length is quite average, but he is very athletic,fast and man that boy can jump!  would be a good OLB prospect for us.  that being said what's wrong with him?  Why is he a late round prospect with those measureables and that speed? I cannot find any site with a projected round for him. Posted by natesubs[/QUOTE] A long armed defensive lineman with a naturally muscular build and certainly looks the part of an athletic pass rushing type DE or rush backer. However, isn't a real explosive kid off the line, doesn't have the type of bend to consistently sit into his stance and lacks the explosion to threaten the corner with his edge speed. Struggles to keep his base down when trying to flatten out around the edge, allowing his pad level to get upright exposing his frame and can easily be pushed past the quarterback. Lacks much power on contact into his bull rush and isn't the type of sudden lateral athlete to quickly re-direct and slip blocks off his speed rush. Needs to collect himself before changing directions, gear down and extend his arms in order to work back toward the quarterback. Can eventually fight his way off blocks due to his length, but there is no real quickness to his counter. Loves to work his spin move in order to disengage, however, he's too upright, doesn't change directions well and too often gets jolted in the back when trying to pull it off. Displays some discipline vs. the run game, stays at home from the backside and has a good initial burst when asked to close. Wraps up well and uses his length to get into ball carriers. Also, can use his length to fight his way off blocks and slip lineman who lunge into contact. However, if you can get your hands on him the battle is over, lacks anchor strength, plays high and routinely can be washed out on contact vs. the run. Impression: Looks the part, but doesn't have the kind of balance, bend or burst to be effective getting after the QB in the NFL.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Re: Louis nzegwu a Patriot.": A long armed defensive lineman with a naturally muscular build and certainly looks the part of an athletic pass rushing type DE or rush backer. However, isn't a real explosive kid off the line, doesn't have the type of bend to consistently sit into his stance and lacks the explosion to threaten the corner with his edge speed. Struggles to keep his base down when trying to flatten out around the edge, allowing his pad level to get upright exposing his frame and can easily be pushed past the quarterback. Lacks much power on contact into his bull rush and isn't the type of sudden lateral athlete to quickly re-direct and slip blocks off his speed rush. Needs to collect himself before changing directions, gear down and extend his arms in order to work back toward the quarterback. Can eventually fight his way off blocks due to his length, but there is no real quickness to his counter. Loves to work his spin move in order to disengage, however, he's too upright, doesn't change directions well and too often gets jolted in the back when trying to pull it off. Displays some discipline vs. the run game, stays at home from the backside and has a good initial burst when asked to close. Wraps up well and uses his length to get into ball carriers. Also, can use his length to fight his way off blocks and slip lineman who lunge into contact. However, if you can get your hands on him the battle is over, lacks anchor strength, plays high and routinely can be washed out on contact vs. the run. Impression: Looks the part, but doesn't have the kind of balance, bend or burst to be effective getting after the QB in the NFL.
    Posted by No-Mercy-Defence[/QUOTE]

thanks!  I still wouldn't mind signing him in the 7th round (if we get one, perhaps from philly to keep the streak going) or as a UDFA.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

[QUOTE]his arm length is quite average, but he is very athletic,fast and man that boy can jump!  would be a good OLB prospect for us.  that being said what's wrong with him?  Why is he a late round prospect with those measureables and that speed? I cannot find any site with a projected round for him.
    Posted by natesubs[/QUOTE]

Average arm length? They looked really long in the video, although that can be deceiving. Someone mentioned him as another Markell Carter type of late round prospect/project. I have no idea where this guy will be drafted, but based off these videos and his workout numbers he is not even on the same planet as Markell. Markell looked as if his feet were in cinder blocks in his highlight reels, and it's no wonder why the pats had him bulk up to play end - there was no way he was athletic enough to play outside in a 34.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATinPA. Show PATinPA's posts

Watch the highlights against Mich st 2011, major run liability. He got destroyed on every run his way.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

Louis Nzegwu, DE/OLB, Wisconsin
    Height: 6-4. Weight: 253.
    40 Time: 4.54.
    Bench: 22.
    Arm: 33 3/4.

41.5” verticle jump!
    Projected Round (2012): 7-FA

Wisconsin's leading sacker last fall (albeit with just 4.5) flashed the explosiveness to switch from a 4-3 defensive end to 3-4 rush linebacker in the NFL. His impressive pro-day showing included a 4.60 40-yard dash, as well as a 41 1/2-inch vertical and 10-8 broad jump -- both of which would have led all defensive ends and linebackers at the combine. http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/09000d5d82822ed8/printable/draft-sleepers-noncombine-invitees-on-the-rise

Looks better here than against Ohio State, which makes sense since he dislocated his knee in that game and played through severe pain for the next several games. He needs to get stronger when run at directly, but he looked much better dropping into coverage than most DEs ever will. His athleticism is apparent as well, although he only got to the QB once. Seems to play better in a two-point stance overall, and is better as a pursuit player than a powerful, set-the-edge sort of guy. I do like how he plays his assignments, though.

In my mind, he's the ideal mid-late round gamble. Athletically, he's almost an exact copy of Ware.

Height: 6040
    Weight: 251
    40 Yrd Dash: 4.56
    20 Yrd Dash: 2.71
    10 Yrd Dash: 1.62
    225 Lb. Bench Reps: 27
    Vertical Jump: 38 1/2
    Broad Jump: 10'02"
    20 Yrd Shuttle: 4.07
    3-Cone Drill: 6.85

Height: 6037
    Weight: 252
    40 Yrd Dash: 4.57
    20 Yrd Dash: 2.60
    10 Yrd Dash: 1.59
    225 Lb. Bench Reps: 22
    Vertical Jump: 41 1/2
    Broad Jump: 10'08"
    20 Yrd Shuttle: 4.32
    3-Cone Drill: 6.84

Nzegwu is a whopping 1/8th of an inch shorter. He is not as strong in the upper body as Ware, but his explosion numbers are better across the board. He's quicker over short distances, too, even though Ware has an insane burst at the end of his 40. A year in a pro strength and conditioning program, combined with better instruction on pass-rushing, could turn him into a real terror off the edge. I think he can easily replace what Mark Anderson gave us, and in time could mature into a three-down player.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

[QUOTE]Louis Nzegwu, DE/OLB, Wisconsin Height: 6-4. Weight: 253. 40 Time: 4.54. Bench: 22. Arm: 33 3/4. 41.5” verticle jump! Projected Round (2012): 7-FA   Wisconsin's leading sacker last fall (albeit with just 4.5) flashed the explosiveness to switch from a 4-3 defensive end to 3-4 rush linebacker in the NFL. His impressive pro-day showing included a 4.60 40-yard dash, as well as a 41 1/2-inch vertical and 10-8 broad jump -- both of which would have led all defensive ends and linebackers at the combine. http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/09000d5d82822ed8/printable/draft-sleepers-noncombine-invitees-on-the-rise   Looks better here than against Ohio State, which makes sense since he dislocated his knee in that game and played through severe pain for the next several games. He needs to get stronger when run at directly, but he looked much better dropping into coverage than most DEs ever will. His athleticism is apparent as well, although he only got to the QB once. Seems to play better in a two-point stance overall, and is better as a pursuit player than a powerful, set-the-edge sort of guy. I do like how he plays his assignments, though. In my mind, he's the ideal mid-late round gamble. Athletically, he's almost an exact copy of Ware. Height: 6040 Weight: 251 40 Yrd Dash: 4.56 20 Yrd Dash: 2.71 10 Yrd Dash: 1.62 225 Lb. Bench Reps: 27 Vertical Jump: 38 1/2 Broad Jump: 10'02" 20 Yrd Shuttle: 4.07 3-Cone Drill: 6.85 Height: 6037 Weight: 252 40 Yrd Dash: 4.57 20 Yrd Dash: 2.60 10 Yrd Dash: 1.59 225 Lb. Bench Reps: 22 Vertical Jump: 41 1/2 Broad Jump: 10'08" 20 Yrd Shuttle: 4.32 3-Cone Drill: 6.84 Nzegwu is a whopping 1/8th of an inch shorter. He is not as strong in the upper body as Ware, but his explosion numbers are better across the board. He's quicker over short distances, too, even though Ware has an insane burst at the end of his 40. A year in a pro strength and conditioning program, combined with better instruction on pass-rushing, could turn him into a real terror off the edge. I think he can easily replace what Mark Anderson gave us, and in time could mature into a three-down player.  
    Posted by natesubs[/QUOTE]

Obviously I wouldn't put him in Ware's category, but with the need of outside guys to play in a 34 you got to think he'll be drafted at least in the middle rounds. These are the type of players that maybe don't get picked high, but a few years down the road are sought after free agents coming off their rookie deals. All they need is time in the weight room and real nfl coaching and they blossom.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from No-Mercy-Defence. Show No-Mercy-Defence's posts

I'll grab this kid in the 5th round, I just have a hunch that this kid will be real good once he gets some NFL coaching and get's in the weight room.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

Just like mb's find, burris, this kid looks good too - for a different reason. this one is a true OLB-type kid.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

this kid is proof that the scouts only have so much bandwidth to actually evaluate all the players. nzegwu is ranked in the neighborhood of 700, by scouts inc. that is not what is surprising. it's how some kids who look worse on youtube are ranked in the 300s or 400s that makes you wonder. 

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from No-Mercy-Defence. Show No-Mercy-Defence's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Louis nzegwu a Patriot. : he might be a good player and be an effective pro-probably a very smart late round pick-but I wouldn't count on him being another JPP JPP is a freak of nature who doesn't come along very often-unique situation
    Posted by JintsFan[/QUOTE

Freak of nature indeed,  have you seen the video of him doing backflips on sports science, my god that's insane. here is the video if you havent seen it yet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhIGYUi3l8U

Havent seen this kid do backflips but if he can, watch out!!

23. This post has been removed.