1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Re: Love Gone as Well

In response to BassFishingII's comment:

In response to sportsbozo1's comment:

Type two diabetes is caused by eating too much sugarary foods. Obesity has nothing to do with the disease. I have it and have never been even close to fat. Poor diet and too many HoHo's. It almost killed me before being diagnosed with this dibilitating disease. I hope Kyle will be able too return to play in the NFL. I personally have had two setbacks,once I lost my sight and another time my Kidneys  went on a tangent. In either case I was able to squeeze two years in with no complications.

Jesus. How old are you? And, you're not fat? What were you eating on a regular basis for so long?

I'm 60 years old. I will be 61 in 7 months. I was diagnosed with Hep C in 1995, and reconfirmed that the disease still is active. Diabetes was diagnosed in 2008, the combination of the two diseases because of my level of dibilitation to be declared disabled by doctors from SSDI. As for Diabetes in itself being the main cause of my disability I highly doubt that it was more than a contributing factor and that the Hep C was the major disease in my case. However if Love allows the Diabetes too take control of his body he can lose limbs,sight,and several other not so wonderful things to happen such as failing of kidneys,bladder disease and so on and so forth. As for my never being fat that's just a gene pool thing.I also still lift weights and exercise dail. My diet was strange but I ate a lot of Subway sandwiches and Ho Ho's,ding dongs,Cupcakes and Twinkies. The reason why I ate that crap was time, as my occupation as a long haul truck driver kept me constantly moving, oh by the way ya'll are welcome for all the necessities of life I brought you folks, over a 25 year career as a truck driver.

Ahh, got it.  Yeah, it's mainly hereditary. Like, my folks who are 70 now were dioagnosed about 5 years ago so that means I'll have it at some point.

I work out somewhat regularly, stay active in general (golf, tennis, biking, pick up hockey when I can, swimming when I can, etc) and avoid bread whenever possible, along with pastas, etc. 

Wine, booze and beer is my issue, because I don't have a sweet tooth like you apparently do/did.

Also, your truck driving career is tough work and has you in a sitting position for far too long, obviously.

You retired now?

Just so you know that genes have a lot to do with your possibly contracting Diabetes  Type II. Also the Alcohol consumption is a bad form of sugar also. I stopped driving for the second time 2 months ago due to extreme pain from the kidney's and Liver being pounded into submission for two years. I'm retired until I can find another form of employment. However long that might take. I still stay active but even then the Hep C and Diabetes curb how much I can do pain free.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:

I disagree.  As I said in my previous exchange with Wozzy I think the concern on NE's side is warranted.  If his playing weight is causing his disease then you have to wonder whether it is in his best interest to maintain that weight.  Plus despite his agents claims it sounds like he isn't back at his playing weight.  NE gave him the option to take some time off, but he wants to play this year ASAP so NE gave him his walking papers.  I think the fact that he was on the roster bubble made this decision a bit easier for NE as Lovie definitely had a down year last season, but the reason he is gone now as opposed to after camp has to be at least partly due to his condition imo.

My point being if it were Wilfork who got diabetes the Pats would work with him to keep it in check so he could continue his career.  Diabetes or no Love was a bubble player this year with the influx of fresh talent.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Speculation BB sending a big message to the players this season already...

NFL Philosophy @NFLosophy 34m

I had this convo today w/ a friend thru DM...cutting of Love & Deadrick sounds like Belichick is saying, "Get your sh@t together or get out"

NFL Philosophy @NFLosophy 1h

Sounds like Belichick is sending a message. I bet he's about to come down hard on those guys. No excuses will be accepted. Only results.

Seems like locker room isn't as strong as what it used to be & there is order about to be restored. If guys don't show up in shape, buh-bye.

.@AScopa77 Exactly my point. Can't send a message by cutting the last guy on the roster. You do it by cutting good players w/ bad attitudes

Albert Breer @AlbertBreer 1h

I'd agree with @NFLosophy ... I think there was probably an element of message-sending in New England with the release of Love and Deaderick

BTW, Kyle Love was picked up on waivers by the Jags.  He will be joining Deaderick there.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from teegee. Show teegee's posts

In response to part-timer's comment:

we will find out....Love has joined Deadrick on the Jags....Pats cuts don't often spend much time as FA's

Yep. Apparently, BB drafts so poorly so other teams only clip his cuts so fast by coincidence. lmao

Good one!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from moskk. Show moskk's posts

In response to moskk's comment:

Type two diabetes is caused by eating too much sugarary foods. Obesity has nothing to do with the disease. I have it and have never been even close to fat. Poor diet and too many HoHo's. It almost killed me before being diagnosed with this dibilitating disease. I hope Kyle will be able too return to play in the NFL. I personally have had two setbacks,once I lost my sight and another time my Kidneys  went on a tangent. In either case I was able to squeeze two years in with no complications.

Recall that diabetes can be caused by obesity resulting in exhaustion of insulin production AS WELL AS receptor cells becoming refractory to host insulin. Are you saying that you remained a type 2 diabetic despite kidney and eyesight problems? In the latter type of diabetes host insulin fails to assist with glucose entry into target cells (or conversely, receptor cells become refractory to host insulin). In this case obesity is not a component but treatment does involve insulin injections which by definition is type 1 diabetes.

Well I must be a freak of nature because I corrected my diet, and suffered two setbacks.and I'm still only a Type II diabetic. I take 1000 MG's of Metformin daily and I take 500 MG's of Glyburide daily. I'm not an Insulin user nor have any of 4 doctors I've had since 2008 ever even suggested that I would ever need Insulin as a drug to control my disease. The setbacks were considered onset diabetes attacks and Blindness and Kidney failures are common onset problems. Thanks though for your diagnosis. The Holiday Inn will be glad to know you stayed there.LOL I also have Hepititis C so please don't lecture me on that disease.

Sorry but I did not intend to lecture you on your particular case and I won't get into hepatitis "C" either.

Out of curiosity what has your blood suger been running ?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from moskk. Show moskk's posts

In response to UD6's comment:

Love may actually have a case, but it appears he's not interested in pursuing it.  I would have loved to have seen it - not from a Patriots perspective, necessarily - but from an employment/discrimination perspective. 

And it would be interesting to see how any CBA exemption might or might not apply.  Surely the exemption is necessary because of the inherent liklihood of injury, but could it be argued that NFL is exempt due to the development of diabetes? 

Although it could be argued that Love's playing position requires him to be heavy, can it be argued that one of the inherent risks associated with this is possibility of developing diabetes and thus the league should be protected? 

What we are assuming is that the type 2 diabetes was the SOLE BASIS for his dismissal. What we don't know was whether his on-the-field performance was substandard and on that basis justified his release.

The actions of the Patriots could be view as giving Love the chance to improve his performance level and thereby eliminate diabetes as an issue . The one year retirement time interval could be viewed as similar to IR.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

In response to xXR3S1NXx's comment:

Love may actually have a case, but it appears he's not interested in pursuing it.  I would have loved to have seen it - not from a Patriots perspective, necessarily - but from an employment/discrimination perspective. 

And it would be interesting to see how any CBA exemption might or might not apply.  Surely the exemption is necessary because of the inherent liklihood of injury, but could it be argued that NFL is exempt due to the development of diabetes? 

Although it could be argued that Love's playing position requires him to be heavy, can it be argued that one of the inherent risks associated with this is possibility of developing diabetes and thus the league should be protected? 

Love doesnt have a case at ALL. His Diabeties affects his ability to perform his job. If the patriots had kept love and allowed him to play this year and he expieranced an episode on the field ( say going into diabetic shock) you would be bashing the pats for not trying to protect him. The pats gave Love two options, Retire from football and learn how to deal with his diabeties and be given a chance next year to play or be released, Kyle love chose to be released.

Jay Cutler might disagree with you.  What evidence do you have that managed diabetes (typeII, in fact) would have affected his playing? 

Unless his diabetes has advanced so far as to require insulin, I'd challenge the diabetic seizure comment.  Its unusual for a newly diagnosed type II diabetic to immediately need to go to insulin.  I am sure he's had blood tests throughout his career.  If this had been a long term thing it would have been identified long ago.

Jay Cutler isnt 6'1 315 pounds. Your talking apples and oranges here.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kjfiton. Show kjfiton's posts

I've seen Armstead play. While at USC a few years ago during the 09 and 2010 seasons. I will say this much, the guy can flat out play. We will see if he can do it in the NFL, he played at an allstar level in the CFL after extended time off. Hes a guy who can do a lot out there, kind of reminds me of Seymour. He hasn't been talked about very much here but he will be once the season starts. This was a huge pickup for the Patriots.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

ESPN had that mini series that the NFLPA screamed about and had it removed. I forget the name of it. In that series there was a lineman that got diabeties and was losing weight from the lifestyle change. He ended up getting cut cause he wasn't at his playing weight. One can assume that if it was high lited in the show it could be more common then we think with the big men. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Just re-read the link originally posted by pcmIV.  I'm having difficulty seeing what the Pats did wrong in this case.  Gave the guy a chance to get his health in order and he opted to move on.  Love's choice.  Or have I missed something? 

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Like Wozzy said, both love and deaderick were jags. Can't afford to have jags starting on a SB caliber team. There the jags were claimed by the jags which seems about appropriate. 

Whether we run a 3 or 4 man line, I think what we have in Kelly and armstead are upgrades over bboth love and deaderick. I also think there are a few UDFAs in cherrington, Grissom and vellano that have decent potential and can be better than both deaderick and love over time. This release doesn't worry me at all. Bb will surely bring in another FA DT at some point as well.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

I guess they still are Jags . . .

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Love doesnt have a case at ALL. His Diabeties affects his ability to perform his job. If the patriots had kept love and allowed him to play this year and he expieranced an episode on the field ( say going into diabetic shock) you would be bashing the pats for not trying to protect him. The pats gave Love two options, Retire from football and learn how to deal with his diabeties and be given a chance next year to play or be released, Kyle love chose to be released.

Jay Cutler might disagree with you.  What evidence do you have that managed diabetes (typeII, in fact) would have affected his playing? 

Unless his diabetes has advanced so far as to require insulin, I'd challenge the diabetic seizure comment.  Its unusual for a newly diagnosed type II diabetic to immediately need to go to insulin.  I am sure he's had blood tests throughout his career.  If this had been a long term thing it would have been identified long ago.

How is it apples and oranges?  You said Love's condition affects his ability to play his position.  I cited another player with diabetes (type I, at that) who after learning about and controlling his diabetes continues to play at a very high level. 

The comparative nature of Cutler's condition to Love's without the benefit of more detailed information automatically assumes Cutler's condition is worse.  His is genetic and inherently less controllable than Love's.  If Cutler can maintain a high level of play his disease, there is no reason with the information we have to assume Love couldn't maintain his. 

seems pretty apples to apples to me. 

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

How is it apples and oranges?  You said Love's condition affects his ability to play his position.  I cited another player with diabetes (type I, at that) who after learning about and controlling his diabetes continues to play at a very high level. 

The comparative nature of Cutler's condition to Love's without the benefit of more detailed information automatically assumes Cutler's condition is worse.  His is genetic and inherently less controllable than Love's.  If Cutler can maintain a high level of play his disease, there is no reason with the information we have to assume Love couldn't maintain his. 

seems pretty apples to apples to me. 

At a high level? Jay Cutler sucks. 

It's apples oranges, smart guy, because the weight elements is big for a big DT mean more than how a QB holds his weight within the framework of the game, so yes, it is apples and oranges.

Stop trolling, too.  I knew you and the other trolls would be in on these threads once his agent played the victim role.

His agent clearly ran into the room after the lamp was broken, so to speak, to announce this disease that Love has a way to make it seem like NE is the bad guy again. 

Didn't you ever see the broken vase Brady Bunch episode with Peter ("Mom always said, don;t play ball in the house!")?

lmao

Russ - Cutler's case is relevant.  Cutler has type 1 diabetes which regardless of weight is uncontrolled by things like weight management.  He must take insulin. 

If Love can find a way to maintain his weight while also medically controlling his diabetes, then the diabetes would not be an issue and certainly not like the issue that Cutler has. 

I don't care whether or not Love's agent is Peter Brady or Thurston Howell III, Love (if he wanted) may have a case if he was terminated for such a medical condition.  Again - I don't know if this condition would be included in the CBA as something for which a case could not be made, but if not, then that option may be there.