Luck Looks Sensational Again

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Re: Luck Looks Sensational Again

Maybe I'm nit picking here, but it seems to me that he locks into his receivers. I know he's a rookie and this may be just a small correctable thing, but in all the highlights I watched of these last two games he doesn't even attempt to look around the field at other options. Again, he's a rookie and it may take guys a long time to get out of that habit (I don't think Bledsoe ever got out of it), but I did notice it.

Anyone else see him doing this? I mean he doesn't even notice guys he's got open just standing there in the flat or over the middle. I watched some RG3 highlights and he's looking around the field much more for open guys. I guess it doesn't mean much - it's only been two meaningless games.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Luck looks very good, and for those looking for flaws, I'd recommend cutting him a little slack.  He's still a rookie playing in just his second preseason game against a steeler team that actually did throw defensive fakery at him. 

He managed real well, imo.  The int was a bad bad throw.  If he was going to make that throw, it required zip, not touch.  The second int was bobbled by the receiver. 

If I am going to criticize luck it was this - His throws were frequently behind his receivers. 

The colts offensive line has to gel, but there's some promise there for a makeshift bunch with only one starter back.  The defense is the real concern.  Can they stop anything.  I don't know. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

PS -

I am waiting for the day when TexasPat and TexasPat3 get into an argument.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In Response to Re: Luck Looks Sensational Again:
    [QUOTE]Luck looks very good, and for those looking for flaws, I'd recommend cutting him a little slack.  He's still a rookie playing in just his second preseason game against a steeler team that actually did throw defensive fakery at him.  He managed real well, imo.  The int was a bad bad throw.  If he was going to make that throw, it required zip, not touch.  The second int was bobbled by the receiver.  If I am going to criticize luck it was this - His throws were frequently behind his receivers.  The colts offensive line has to gel, but there's some promise there for a makeshift bunch with only one starter back.  The defense is the real concern.  Can they stop anything.  I don't know. 
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

You know UD, I can't criticize Luck because he does look good for a rook and he will come around but I just can't let go that the Colts intentionally tanked the season to make sure they got him knowing they were going to boot Manning to the curb.

Even if it weren't the Colts I would want any team who intentionally tank a season for the best draft pick to fail and fail horribly

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

Stay calm TPat.  Sure he looks good at times...but remember, it's ONLY Pre-Season, once the bell rings, it's a different game.  He has lots to learn and got a long ways to go.  He does look like he could be very good in this league, but need to see how he handles regular season. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Luck Looks Sensational Again : You know UD, I can't criticize Luck because he does look good for a rook and he will come around but I just can't let go that the Colts intentionally tanked the season to make sure they got him knowing they were going to boot Manning to the curb. Even if it weren't the Colts I would want any team who intentionally tank a season for the best draft pick to fail and fail horribly
    Posted by PatsEng[/QUOTE]

I feel ya Eng.  I have kind of the same feelings when I think about how Spygate affected all of those championships. 

Yet, I know there are those especially on this board that want to jump on that "tank" bandwagon, but you don't honestly believe the colts intentionally did that, do you? 

If so, I'd love to read your reasons for thinking such a thing.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Luck Looks Sensational Again : I feel ya Eng.  I have kind of the same feelings when I think about how Spygate affected all of those championships.  Yet, I know there are those especially on this board that want to jump on that "tank" bandwagon, but you don't honestly believe the colts intentionally did that, do you?  If so, I'd love to read your reasons for thinking such a thing.
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

Well, well...the lover of lies...bringing up spygate again. How pathetic.

LOL!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]Stay calm TPat.  Sure he looks good at times...but remember, it's ONLY Pre-Season, once the bell rings, it's a different game.  He has lots to learn and got a long ways to go.  He does look like he could be very good in this league, but need to see how he handles regular season. 
    Posted by NOISE[/QUOTE]

I'm a football fan, as much as I am a Patriots' fan. It's hard for me to stay calm, after seeing this kid perform. He's the real deal: http://www.indystar.com/article/20120819/SPORTS03/208200305/Bob-Kravitz-Indianapolis-Colts-quarterback-Andrew-Luck-real-deal 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Luck Looks Sensational Again :      Well, well...the lover of lies...bringing up spygate again. How pathetic.      LOL!!!
    Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE]
    It was a response in kind, don't you think?  Am I not entitled to the same as all others?

Will you be arguing with TexasPat anytime soon?
    Laughing

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Luck Looks Sensational Again : I feel ya Eng.  I have kind of the same feelings when I think about how Spygate affected all of those championships.  Yet, I know there are those especially on this board that want to jump on that "tank" bandwagon, but you don't honestly believe the colts intentionally did that, do you?  If so, I'd love to read your reasons for thinking such a thing.
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

Ahh, they knew that Manning was going to be gone the entire season but didn't put him on the IR (wasting an entire roster spot), didn't get any type of respectable replacement (Painter I mean really?), extremely poor in game management, ran vanilla D's and O's even with chances to win the game, didn't win a single game until they were questioned about throwing games, a puppet coach who looked like he was running a high school football game.

There is no doubt in practically everyone's mind but Colts fans that the Colts threw the season. It's just coincidence that the best hyped QB to come out since Manning would go to the team that needed to replace Manning because they went from a 10-6 team to a 2-14 team in a single season?

I would most certainly say tanking a season to get a franchise QB has greater affect on the game the legally filming coaching signals from an illegal location

If you have any doubt google Colts tank season and look at how many posts from around the country have a list of reasons why the Colts looked like they were going to tank the season (mostly roster moves) back in early Sept 2011. It's funny because most of the reasons why they looked like they were going to tank came true

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Re: Luck Looks Sensational Again": You probably don't live in Indiana, and don't have to listen to the "Belicheat" snide remarks, and don't have to listen to Dolts fans acting like they won the SB last year because it was in their stadium and Gomer Jr. lucked into another one because Welker couldn't hold onto a pass. No my friend, I am not a Luck fan, and will grow to like him less as time goes on.
    Posted by TheExaminer[/QUOTE]

Say what you want about Luck on this site but stay away from the snide name calling about our Pat's coach. The incident involved was long ago and forgotten by most except for a few snide individuals. Who cares about how many commercials they do or the public perception of them. They played and play for your team, Manning being one of the best ever and Luck possibly becoming the same. Root for your team instead of picking apart thier players with inane reasoning. 

Would you rather have Trent Dilfer as your future QB or Luck. I'd take Luck anyday. If you don't want him I'd hope the Pats would take him in a heartbeat.   

Pete

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Luck Looks Sensational Again :      No...I'm not talking about the kid's personality. I'm talking about his talent. He's fun to watch. As far as beating him, he, or any other QB, no matter how talented, can be shut down if he's being put on his back every play...as Tom Brady was in SB 42. 

Yeah, I know what you're talking about, and I'm talking about reality. And the reality is, if this guy starts leading the Colts to 12-4/13-3's, you're going to hate him more than you did Peyton. Guaranteed. "Any QB can be shut down if he's being put on his back every play"? Agreed. All the more reason to make sure it is so in Luck's case. If he shows up at Foxboro and throws for 330 and 4 td in Novemeber to beat the Patriots, you nor any of the rest of us will care what his personality is. I'm talking about winning and losing, and what gives my team the best chance to win it all. I don't care what his personality is.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]You know I feel bad for Luck because nationally I think most people look at him as the pick that a team completely tanked a season for. Now it's not his fault but I'm rooting for him to fail just because I don't think those that tank purposely should win in the end

Add to that the fact that he's trying to win gamed for the Dolts (neck and neck with the Jests on the annoying scale) and return them to NFL greatness, and we can all yell the old ladies' favorite word: "BINGO".

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Luck Looks Sensational Again : Say what you want about Luck on this site but stay away from the snide name calling about our Pat's coach. The incident involved was long ago and forgotten by most except for a few snide individuals. Who cares about how many commercials they do or the public perception of them. They played and play for your team, Manning being one of the best ever and Luck possibly becoming the same. Root for your team instead of picking apart thier players with inane reasoning.  Would you rather have Trent Dilfer as your future QB or Luck. I'd take Luck anyday. If you don't want him I'd hope the Pats would take him in a heartbeat.    Pete
    Posted by Hetchinspete[/QUOTE]

Pete I'm not sure where you're coming from on this one. Are you criticizing me, my post, Colts fans for making remarks about Belichick, or what? You lost me pal. Trent Dilfer is too old to be our starting QB, and seems to be pretty comfortable on the ESPN set. LOL 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Luck Looks Sensational Again : It was a response in kind, don't you think?  Am I not entitled to the same as all others? Will you be arguing with TexasPat anytime soon?
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

How childish can you get. How pathetic you look when you pull the spygate card, especially since you've pulled it seemingly 68 times before. The only thing worse is your propensity to lie, to salvage your silly arguments.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Luck Looks Sensational Again : Yeah, I know what you're talking about, and I'm talking about reality. And the reality is, if this guy starts leading the Colts to 12-4/13-3's, you're going to hate him more than you did Peyton. Guaranteed. "Any QB can be shut down if he's being put on his back every play"? Agreed. All the more reason to make sure it is so in Luck's case. If he shows up at Foxboro and throws for 330 and 4 td in Novemeber to beat the Patriots, you nor any of the rest of us will care what his personality is. I'm talking about winning and losing, and what gives my team the best chance to win it all. I don't care what his personality is.
    Posted by TheExaminer[/QUOTE]

If Luck beats the Pats by passing for 330 yards and 4TDs, why hate the guy for that? What made me dislike Peyton Manning was his propensity to whine and make excuses whenever the Pats beat the Colts. It was also his constant grandstanding at the line of scrimmage on every play, with his numerous gyrations.

I can't hate Eli Manning, even though he's beaten the Pats in those two gut-wrenching SB losses. The guy did his job. Eli doesn't grandstand, or whine and make excuses, whenever he loses...like big brother Peyton.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Luck Looks Sensational Again : Ahh, they knew that Manning was going to be gone the entire season but didn't put him on the IR (wasting an entire roster spot), didn't get any type of respectable replacement (Painter I mean really?), extremely poor in game management, ran vanilla D's and O's even with chances to win the game, didn't win a single game until they were questioned about throwing games, a puppet coach who looked like he was running a high school football game. There is no doubt in practically everyone's mind but Colts fans that the Colts threw the season. It's just coincidence that the best hyped QB to come out since Manning would go to the team that needed to replace Manning because they went from a 10-6 team to a 2-14 team in a single season? I would most certainly say tanking a season to get a franchise QB has greater affect on the game the legally filming coaching signals from an illegal location If you have any doubt google Colts tank season and look at how many posts from around the country have a list of reasons why the Colts looked like they were going to tank the season (mostly roster moves) back in early Sept 2011. It's funny because most of the reasons why they looked like they were going to tank came true

IN RESPONSE:

1.  I don't think they did know he'd be gone all season, which is part of the reason they didn't put him on IR.  In fact, knowing that Nerve regeneration occurs differently in different people they knew that the spinal fusion would be such that his neck would be structurally ok to play last season, but would the nerve regenerate enough to allow him to play effectively. 

2.  They try to get a respectable replacement.  They tried to get Matt Hasselbeck but he wouldn't come with the possibility of Manning playing again.  They got Collins who was old but had years of starting experience and a relationship both with Polian and Caldwell. 

3.  Caldwell defined his poor clock management even in the year they went to the superbowl.  Can't use that as an example of them tanking.  And this puppet coach coached a superbowl.  Do you think they knew way back in 2009 that they were going to tank 2011 so they should just keep Caldwell in place? 

4.  Painter was the back up for 2-3 years and the colts kept with him.  He at time showed flashes that he could be competent only to subsequently fail.  I actually wanted Painter to start the season instead of Collins. 

5.  The colts have been running vanilla D since Dungy showed up in Indy.  That's not a good arguement. 

6.  The fact is the colts were very injured last year beyond Manning, not just on offense but also on an aging defense.  They had their starting MLB out and 3/4 of their starting secondary as well as other players. 

7.  There's no coincidence that the colts were "lucky" enough to get Luck, but the fact is it wasn't even a forgone conclusion they'd take him with the way Griffen III performed last year.  Certainly there were logos galore, but that's a media driven thing (pats fans know all about such things, right?). 

8.  Look at what the colts are this year.  If they were so good, then how come only one remaining oline starter is on the team.  the starting rb is gone.  starting Qb gone.  starting WR gone.  starting and back up TE gone.  starting mlb gone.  starting strong safety gone. 

9.  I understand that there may be some people that wish to believe the colts tanked.  I believe those people may have an axe to grind given their historical success.  These are also people who don't wish to give Manning his rightful due as to how important he was to the team.  The quick comment is "they couldn't be that bad without manning".  But, there was a perfect storm of things that was happening last year to cause this. 
      - polian never addressed effectively the back up QB.  He never had to until it was too late.  
      - polian let his son run the drafts for the last two years which ended up being very ineffective for the colts. 
      - Clark was hurt.  Collie still had concussion questions.  Addai was always hurt.  The oline had deteriorated.  3/4 of the secondary was hurt.  the MLB was hurt.  
      - Manning was that important. 

10.  The thing that people don't get (or they do and they just don't want to admit it) is that each one of the players and coaches and front office personnel have to earn their jobs every year.  With Manning's injury all of the problems he covered up were completely exposed, and these people had no excuses for their performance.  Their jobs were on the line.  If the colts (players coaches and front office) were all in cahoots about tanking, don't you think we'd see those people back this year?  That didn't happen, the entire front office and coaching staff were turned over except for christensen.  Players were let go and many of them didn't find a landing spot - Clark, Brackett, Diem, Bullitt. 

You are free to believe what you wish, but if we take your note about posts from around the country as evidence, should we then strip the pats of their superbowl trophies for spygate?  You know there are boatloads of posts from around the country about it. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Luck Looks Sensational Again :      How childish can you get. How pathetic you look when you pull the spygate card, especially since you've pulled it seemingly 68 times before. The only thing worse is your propensity to lie, to salvage your silly arguments.

pathetic?  don't you see the similarity of tanking card to the spygate card?  Again, am I somehow subject to a different set of standards than the rest of the board? 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Luck Looks Sensational Again :      If Luck beats the Pats by passing for 330 yards and 4TDs, why hate the guy for that? What made me dislike Peyton Manning was his propensity to whine and make excuses whenever the Pats beat the Colts. It was also his constant grandstanding at the line of scrimmage on every play, with his numerous gyrations.      I can't hate Eli Manning, even though he's beaten the Pats in those two gut-wrenching SB losses. The guy did his job. Eli doesn't grandstand, or whine and make excuses, whenever he loses...like big brother Peyton.  
    I don't really remember Peyton doing that in his press conferences after we would beat them. I did hate the way he would handle every snap though...the waving of the hands, pointing, yelling this and that, motioning guys all over the place...only to have James run it for two yards up the middle. It was annoying. 

I thought he was actually very funny in his commercials and on Saturday Night Live too. I think the reason why I didn't like him was because he was so good and he was always at the center of everything football related - you couldn't escape his name - it was crazy. I began to appreciate him as a player though, because let's face it, the guy is damn good.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

[QUOTE]Luck looks very good, and for those looking for flaws, I'd recommend cutting him a little slack.  He's still a rookie playing in just his second preseason game against a steeler team that actually did throw defensive fakery at him.  He managed real well, imo.  The int was a bad bad throw.  If he was going to make that throw, it required zip, not touch.  The second int was bobbled by the receiver.  If I am going to criticize luck it was this - His throws were frequently behind his receivers.  The colts offensive line has to gel, but there's some promise there for a makeshift bunch with only one starter back.  The defense is the real concern.  Can they stop anything.  I don't know. 
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

You didn't notice him locking onto his receivers? I mean it's probably just a rookie thing, but I did notice it. I didn't get a chance to watch the entire game, so I really shouldn't comment about his play, but I did see his highlights.

The good news for you guys is that he didn't go out there and completely crap his pants, because most of these sure thing quarterbacks do just that. How many times have these top quarterbacks been complete garbage? At the very least you got a guy that has a decent arm and seems like he likes football...way more than you can say about half of these guys drafted over the last ten years. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

He looks pretty good, but I think the Colts as a team will struggle. They have problems with the O Line and LB corps. As I stated last year, when you finish last in the NFL it is because your team has a multitude of deficiencies. If the Colts really did tank on purpose they should've been penalized worse than losing the #1 overall pick. Teams should not be rewarded for deliberately s--king. Losing on purpose defeats the whole idea of competition.

He does lock on to WRs, but expect that to change. I could see a 6-10 or 7-9 record, but I have yet to see the Colts schedule.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from myaim45. Show myaim45's posts

Good Luck to him. I doubt his defense will allow him into the playoffs for years to come. But I hope he does well in the NFL. He threw a garbage pick though. (not the tipped pass, but the first one for the pick-6) AWFUL throw.

I bet the colts go 7-9 this year. Wouldn't surprise me.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Luck Looks Sensational Again : pathetic?  don't you see the similarity of tanking card to the spygate card?

RESPONSE: No. The tanking is factual...the claims that the Pats' won their titles due to filming in an improper area are BS. 

Again, am I somehow subject to a different set of standards than the rest of the board?

RESPONSE: I guess you learned how to whine from Peyton...LOL!! Of course you're subject to a different set of standards. It's a result of you being continually caught in lies. You have no credibility here.
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Luck Looks Sensational Again : I don't really remember Peyton doing that in his press conferences after we would beat them. I did hate the way he would handle every snap though...the waving of the hands, pointing, yelling this and that, motioning guys all over the place...only to have James run it for two yards up the middle. It was annoying.

RESPONSE: You don't remember his whines about the weather, about OL malfunctions, and about the Pats' roughing up his Charmin soft receivers? 

I thought he was actually very funny in his commercials and on Saturday Night Live too. I think the reason why I didn't like him was because he was so good and he was always at the center of everything football related - you couldn't escape his name - it was crazy. I began to appreciate him as a player though, because let's face it, the guy is damn good.

RESPONSE: Damn good in the regular season...but a choke artist in the play-offs.
    Posted by mthurl[/QUOTE]

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Luck Looks Sensational Again :

I really don't...I'm not saying he didn't, but I don't remember anything too bad. For the most part I thought he was pretty complimentary to us in the loses. I do think the way he has acted on the sidelines during games (when things aren't going his way) were embarrassing. Chewing out his offensive line or yelling at the offensive coordinator...than again Brady has done some of that too and Marino was the absolute worst.