Make the case for Ridley...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from fanonymost. Show fanonymost's posts

Re: Make the case for Ridley...

Labeling Ridley with fumblitis is a misdiagnosis IMRHO. In his first two seasons, he put the ball on the ground a total of five times with the Pats losing possession only twice - this with just under 400 touches while producing just over 1700 yards, 100 first downs and 13 touchdowns.

BB & Co do not tolerate turnovers, penalties or execution errors, so each and every miscue is amplified ( which leads to them being limited ), so we, the fans, tend to remember them more readily. Case in point, Ridley's fumble in the SB ... oh, but let's not forget that he was knocked unconscious on the play. 

Vereen is earning the right to be a significant part of the offensive game plans, just not as a replacement for Ridley, and certainly, it seems, not for the next few weeks. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to thehub's comment:

In response to CatfishHunter's comment:

I made my case in the Game Thread.   His new role is to carry Vereen's helmet to/from the practice field for the next few weeks.  Nothing else.

If he can do that without dropping it we can consider him for mop up duty in blowouts by mid-season.

Over reaction! The dude got the point, he needs to fix it. AP fumbles as well. Perhaps he should be 

benched as well. 

If Ridley didn't get the point after the AFCCG, then he never will. Time to look elsewhere for our runner, This guy is a disaster waiting to happen.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to fanonymost's comment:

Labeling Ridley with fumblitis is a misdiagnosis IMRHO.

And what is his fumble rate in the playoffs?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to fanonymost's comment:

Labeling Ridley with fumblitis is a misdiagnosis IMRHO. In his first two seasons, he put the ball on the ground a total of five times with the Pats losing possession only twice - this with just under 400 touches while producing just over 1700 yards, 100 first downs and 13 touchdowns.

BB & Co do not tolerate turnovers, penalties or execution errors, so each and every miscue is amplified ( which leads to them being limited ), so we, the fans, tend to remember them more readily. Case in point, Ridley's fumble in the SB ... oh, but let's not forget that he was knocked unconscious on the play. 

Vereen is earning the right to be a significant part of the offensive game plans, just not as a replacement for Ridley, and certainly, it seems, not for the next few weeks. 

I think Fumble problems are just that. Problems. Maybe he doesnt have a fumble problem in the terms of being compared to a real featured back but he also enjoys the luxury of other things that they arent.

He isnt asked to carry the ball more than 30 times. Not even more than 25 like the A.P's of the world. (so saying AP fumbles too is not telling the whole story). Ridley as long as he is behind Brady wont see too many 8 man fronts unless they are to blitz Brady.(this is how Benny made his career, off of shotgun draws, teams not caring about him). So the fact that he is part of a run by committee and also plays behind the best Qb in the game with no 8 man fronts, his fumbles should be less frequent and when you put it on the turf TWICE in the 1st half of the FIRST game, you aint exactly starting off right.  Atleast he could have waited a few weeks. Our last Vision of the guy was him getting helicoptered in the Air and landing in a Freeking Split on the ground after a Bruising hit and Fumble by Polllard. So yea then you go ahead in the 1st game and remind us again!?!!  Not good any way you slice it. He will have plenty of time to think about it.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Moss07. Show Brady2Moss07's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

[QUOTE]

I made my case in the Game Thread.   His new role is to carry Vereen's helmet to/from the practice field for the next few weeks.  Nothing else.

If he can do that without dropping it we can consider him for mop up duty in blowouts by mid-season.

Over reaction! The dude got the point, he needs to fix it. AP fumbles as well. Perhaps he should be 

benched as well. 

If Ridley didn't get the point after the AFCCG, then he never will. Time to look elsewhere for our runner, This guy is a disaster waiting to happen.

[/QUOTE]

He was nocked unconscious lets see you hold on to the ball

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

Timing is everything, just like WWs drops. Wes put up the huge numbers but those few drops changed a lot. Ridley is crazy talented and durable. The big thing on all of our minds is, "But how did he fumble the ball that second time all by himself?" That's the one that makes you pause and wonder whats up with his concentration. We will see soon enough. Hopefully this was it for him. Nobody knows until we see him on Thursday. I think he starts, gets to prove himself and as long as he dooesn't put it on the ground, he keeps his job. That next fumble is gonna be huge for him.........I'm pulling for him really hard. I love that kids game.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to Brady2Moss07's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

benched as well. 

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

LMAO Right, and he "slipped" yesterday. He lost the ball. End of story. I'm sick of excuses for this choker butterfingers.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to G0DVERNMENT's comment:

In response to Brady2Moss07's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

benched as well. 

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

lol guy is clueless

[/QUOTE]

lol, another moron to go on ignore. Wow, you're almost up to 100 posts on this one dumbkoff.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Ridley is the guy we need running the ball. Why? easy answer... Vereen is small as shown in week one the moment you give him the #1 role he gets hurt. He's too small to be running between the tackles and honestly when the D knows we are running the ball he gets stuffed. Ridley may have his fumble issues but he's also our most consistent back. Everyone gets all blah blah when he fumbles but how many clutch plays did Welker drop? welker got over a hundred balls a year he was eventually gonna drop some same situation with Ridley he had 290 carries last year. His 4 fumbles were actually good compared to other backs who carried the ball less and fumbled the same amount. Ridley is the go to guy between the tackles and is the only guy on this team that can run when the D knows we are running it.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

I can only make half a case. 

Ridley was carrying the ball in his right hand.  Ridley slipped, so he put his right hand down to break his fall.  All of a sudden the football in his right hand was gone somewhere else.  In retrospect, Ridley is thinking, maybe I should have put the football into my stomach and I should have held it there securely with both hands while landing on the forgiving sod in my nice soft football padding. 

I fell down today, put my hand out and my palm got sore.  For me, that was the correct play.  No one was paying me half a million dollars to hold onto a little brown ball. 

I don't blame Ridley for dropping the football last January after he was knocked unconscious.  This play, however, looked pretty dumb. 

Vereen is out for a few weeks with a broken bone in his hand.  Ridley might be the most elusive back remaining on the team.  However, he now needs to prove that he won't drop the football so easily, not all by himself, unforced.  Is Ridley dinged permanently?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to Paul_K's comment:

I can only make half a case. 

Ridley was carrying the ball in his right hand.  Ridley slipped, so he put his right hand down to break his fall.  All of a sudden the football in his right hand was gone somewhere else.  In retrospect, Ridley is thinking, maybe I should have put the football into my stomach and I should have held it there securely with both hands while landing on the forgiving sod in my nice soft football padding. 

I fell down today, put my hand out and my palm got sore.  For me, that was the correct play.  No one was paying me half a million dollars to hold onto a little brown ball. 

I don't blame Ridley for dropping the football last January after he was knocked unconscious.  This play, however, looked pretty dumb. 

Vereen is out for a few weeks with a broken bone in his hand.  Ridley might be the most elusive back remaining on the team.  However, he now needs to prove that he won't drop the football so easily, not all by himself, unforced.  Is Ridley dinged permanently?

no way he is dinged forever. He is our most consistent back between the tackles, most powerful, and can find the endzone. Ridley also to me has the best vision out of all of backs. He always finds the right hole it seems and always gains positive yards. Ridely is the guy if he solves his fumble issues.