Mallet should SHUT UP!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

Re: Mallet should SHUT UP!

Wah, Wah, Wah! I have to find something negative about the Pats to discuss so I can proclaim myself a true Pats fan. At least thats the way it seems.

The kid doesn't kow he isn't supposed to  be talking like he has been since management can't talk to him due to the labor situation. Really are we all that naive?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from part-timer. Show part-timer's posts

lets just totaly destroy any confidence or self esteem he has before he even gets to set foot in the Pats locker room. Thats the way to groom a leader as this board see's it. After all not one of us had high hopes for our future in our early 20's, and we are all so shoure that he is incapsble of reaching any of these goals because our evaluation abilities are so much better then the Pats staff. It is getting so sickning listening to all the Holyer than thow bit-chers now who will be I told you so bandwagoners if he does succeed. I say Good luck in achieveing your goals and leeve it to the staff to mold the next great QB for the future

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from celtfan. Show celtfan's posts

This is a ridiculous thread.  Mallet's college and high school coaches have drawn some comparisons between him and Brady.  Tall, slow of foot, accurate passer, dropped down in the draft...

And besides, wasn't it Brady who told Robert Kraft after he was drafted that:"Mr. Kraft, this is the best decision you've ever made".  Or something to that effect.  You talk about cocky!

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from celtfan. Show celtfan's posts

So you're saying that every team checked the kid out EXCEPT THE PATRIOTS?  To accuse the guy of having a substance abuse problem is a pretty strong statement, particularly when there's no evidence of that. 

It has nothing to do with "kool-aid" and everything to do with fairness.  You certainly can't ignore what the guy did on the field and the many statements from college and highschool coaches, family and friends that this guy has been mis-characterized.  I guess time will tell but it certainly was a value pick if he in fact does have his head on straight and has matured.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

I posted on this same exact subject and it was never a question of his talent or his youth. It was a matter of him keeping his mouth shut and just working instead of feeding into any fair or unfair criticism cast upon him.

And if he only said he was similar to Brady in that neither is mobile and both are pocket passers, then that'd be fine. He went on to say something like "both of us can read defenses and know what's going to happen before it happens."

I think Brady himself would object to Mallett knowing all that, especially as a guy that held the clipboard for the Patriots for a few years before he got his first start. When you come in saying you already know how to do one of the few things that set the great QBs apart from the good (reading defenses, reading blitzes in a fraction of a second), you put a target on your back. If every hotshot quarterback from college could read defenses and blitzes, none of them would ever be a bust. It's not like any of them lack the arm or the athleticism. I mean they all have the talent, that's why they got drafted.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

This dude was hyped before he got here.... noone new brady until drew got blown up... his first year as a 4th QB option he told his agent to find him a place cause he "knew" he would make the team...

let the kid enjoy it and let it play out... if he sticks his D*** in it... he will be quickly banished....thats a given...

if he ends up being half of the early tom brady... he will learn to shut up and put the work in and PROVE himself...imo

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

In Response to Re: Mallet should SHUT UP!:
    [QUOTE]I posted on this same exact subject and it was never a question of his talent or his youth. It was a matter of him keeping his mouth shut and just working instead of feeding into any fair or unfair criticism cast upon him. And if he only said he was similar to Brady in that neither is mobile and both are pocket passers, then that'd be fine. He went on to say something like "both of us can read defenses and know what's going to happen before it happens." I think Brady himself would object to Mallett knowing all that, especially as a guy that held the clipboard for the Patriots for a few years before he got his first start. When you come in saying you already know how to do one of the few things that set the great QBs apart from the good (reading defenses, reading blitzes in a fraction of a second), you put a target on your back. If every hotshot quarterback from college could read defenses and blitzes, none of them would ever be a bust. It's not like any of them lack the arm or the athleticism. I mean they all have the talent, that's why they got drafted.
    Posted by apdynasty23[/QUOTE]

only thing about that is that billb said himself that mallet was afootball junkie himself and that was one of his strengths... that he liked to watch film...alot...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

In Response to Re: Mallet should SHUT UP!:
    [QUOTE]What a joke, man you people are like sheep...the Media machine just feeds you anything & twists it so he's now a troubled youth with MAJOR character issues on a downhill spiral to self distruction....what really has he done that is so bad that if FACTUAL & 100% nondeniable or rumored??? at 20 he got arrested for public intoxication (no violence or issues) just underage drinking...WOW, there's a shocker for you, call out the national guard & put him in rehab!!! The kid never even knew Daly & went golfing with him durring an NFL lockout where players have some free time...STOP THE PRESS, we got a major story here!!!!!!   Also, the Miami comment was made by his dad who said it to the media....I loved the attitude & chip on his shoulder, reminds me of another QB we drafted...speaking of which, if you actually read the article where he compaired himself to Brady he was talking about his style of play as a QB, a pocket passer with limited mobility(making a joke about himself) & giving insight to his strenghts of being able to read defenses & doing lots of film study & having a huge love of the game....did you know Malletts teammates loved him enough to make him TEAM CAPTAIN the 2 years he started for them....
    Posted by dmcpatsfan[/QUOTE]

Hey genious, where else do I get what he says from? Unless you are a personnal friend of this young man or any other sports figure you get your stuff from the "media". I guess I could read all these peoples tweets and facebooks but I have a life.