Mallet to New England at #74

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from cantstopme. Show cantstopme's posts

Re: Mallet to New England at #74

brady will be shipped back home to california (Raiders or 49ers whomever still doesn't have a Qb) once his successor is ready in 3-5 years.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

In Response to Re: Mallet to New England at #74:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mallet to New England at #74 : Ryan Mallet played at Michigan when he was a freshman!
    Posted by CaptainZdeno33[/QUOTE]

My apologies, I guess he was a sophmore when I saw him...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from itllnevahapn. Show itllnevahapn's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mallet to New England at #74 : not refering to the speed but his ability to get away from the rush
    Posted by kansaspatriot[/QUOTE]

the only pass rush hell get away from is the pats pass rush

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from fancy-shamanski. Show fancy-shamanski's posts

So WHat if he's good.   WHY DO WE NEED A QB IN THE 3RD?????

Do you have any clue what you're talking about.  Do you have any knowledge on winning championships????   The pats have a great team.  They have lots of good players.  They have 3 real needs Pass rush, then OL, then minor need at RB.

They could have upgraded the team substantially, instead they added good players at positions where they already have good/great players, neglected their needs when they could have addressed them with GREAT players, and HAVE NOT UPGRADED THEIR DEFENSE VERY MUCH AT ALL.

What don't you understand??  Do you realize that the pats are trying to win a SB and not draft a QB when they have the best oner already???????

Hey I got a great uides they should draft a punter and field goal kicker next because while we have a great punter and kicker we might want to have extra ones just sitting around.

\Foolishness...  it affects the fair weather fans the most, real fans know what's up.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from trident13. Show trident13's posts

Look guys, this is a no brainer...I live in Florida, and all I hear and see is SEC football.  This guy by "FAR" is the most NFL ready rookie QB.  What I see in this pick is a future trade.  We got him in the 3rd, and mark my words, if Brady stays healthy for the next few years, we will trade Mallett for a 2nd at worst.  Great pick and a win win situation if Mallett stays out of off field trouble.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from cantstopme. Show cantstopme's posts

[QUOTE]Hey, cantstopyou, apparently someone COULD stop you, from thinking for yourself. 
    Posted by zackie[/QUOTE]
    ew that hurt. i suppose it could be worse though.. i could have you thinking for me....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

I like the Mallet pick.  We are a great fit to develop him.
    Now the Ridley pick, when Moffit was there and Bailey, Hankerson, Pettis argh.  We could have gotten Ridley a rd or two later.  I think I shed a tear at not getting Moffit.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from uncommon13. Show uncommon13's posts

I dont understand why people are so happy to waste a 3rd pick on a guy that may play in 4 years. You cant tell me that in the next 3-4 years they wouldnt be able to grab a qb in the 2-3 rounds. They did next to nothing to address their biggest need, which is pass rush.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

I'm on board with the Mallet pick because he will under the tutelage of TB and BB and has the opportunity to develop the maturity needed to succeed. The Ridley pick is completely confusing and calls into question other choices made earlier in the draft!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from uncommon13. Show uncommon13's posts

How are you people on board with this Mallet pick? They just signed the best QB in the league to an extension. I would rather have a pass rush or an OL then someone holding a clip board for 5 years.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

If you overlook glaring needs at other spots... Mallett is a steal. He was the best QB in the draft ... albeit he is a little insane and won't see the field until his second contract.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from sfpat. Show sfpat's posts

Wake up guys.  As I posted on another thread, choose between the Pats/Colts approach (franchise QB and good players) or Ravens/Jets (star defensive players and adequate QB).  Pats/Colts usually win their division and usually are in the SB (6 times since 2000).  Ravens/Jets are usually the runner-up in their division and rarely are in the SB (once since 2000).  Mallet has the potential to be a franchise QB which will continue the Pats stay on top.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerh5. Show jerh5's posts

I think it is a GREAT pick. Chances are, a 3rd round pick is going to be an average player or a situational player. With Mallet, you have a player who (if he keeps his nose clean) could turn into a top notch NFL quarterback. In 2 years, when and if he is shredding someones defense in a mop-up situation, do you realize what BB could get for this mid 3rd round pick? This could be huge! IMO, a brilliant pick. Small risk, huge reward.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rochfan. Show rochfan's posts

Ryan Mallett's first call was to Aaron Hernandez. At 4:20.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dastardly. Show dastardly's posts

Some people still don't get it...Mallet IS the best player available to them at #74 and therefore they drafted him.

Sure we need an elite pass rusher (who doesn't) but do you really believe you''d find one at 74?  WOuld you rather take a chance and draft less-skilled def player hoping he'd be a game-changer?  What do you think the odds of that will be. It's like blindly throwing darts and hoping you'd hit the mark.  That's wasting a pick.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from uncommon13. Show uncommon13's posts

[QUOTE]Some people still don't get it...Mallet IS the best player available to them at #74 and therefore they drafted him. Sure we need an elite pass rusher (who doesn't) but do you really believe you''d find one at 74?  WOuld you rather take a chance and draft less-skilled def player hoping he'd be a game-changer?  What do you think the odds of that will be. It's like blindly throwing darts and hoping you'd hit the mark.  That's wasting a pick.
    Posted by dastardly[/QUOTE]

And drafting a QB to hold a clip board for 5 years isnt wasting a draft pick? How about an OL? The pass rusher should have been taken at the end of the first or beginning of the second.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

[QUOTE]If you overlook glaring needs at other spots... Mallett is a steal. He was the best QB in the draft Posted by zbellino[/QUOTE]

this is what is being overlooked. he played the pro style in college and is ready to go, just needs to learn the complex Patriots offense

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mallet to New England at #74 : And drafting a QB to hold a clip board for 5 years Posted by uncommon13[/QUOTE]

i doubt it will be 5 years, if he doesn't show potential  it'll be two years. the key is reps and playing time, and learning from TB