MALLET WAS better than Hoyer under pressure. he was not great. Was mostly positive after first series

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

MALLET WAS better than Hoyer under pressure. he was not great. Was mostly positive after first series

and thats without our top weapons and with the o line leaking like there was no one in front of philly lineman.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

Re: MALLET WAS better than Hoyer under pressure. he was not great. Was mostly positive after first series

I had some resistance posting this on the game thread but Mallett looked like he is starting to "get it" a little bit.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kman2004. Show kman2004's posts

Re: MALLET WAS better than Hoyer under pressure. he was not great. Was mostly positive after first series

He had a few decent plays. I felt there were a few Bledsoe-esque moments though.  He should have been picked on 1 play and got lucky. Of course there was the overturned pick on the roughing call.

He does seem to have a little bit of ability to avoid the rush, but he's definitely a work in progress.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In Response to Re: MALLET WAS better than Hoyer under pressure. he was not great. Was mostly positive after first series:
    [QUOTE]He had a few decent plays. I felt there were a few Bledsoe-esque moments though.  He should have been picked on 1 play and got lucky. Of course there was the overturned pick on the roughing call. He does seem to have a little bit of ability to avoid the rush, but he's definitely a work in progress.
    Posted by kman2004[/QUOTE]

totally agree, but do you or do you not see improvement, flashes, him handling max pressure at times, and looing better than hoyer in this game

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In Response to Re: MALLET WAS better than Hoyer under pressure. he was not great. Was mostly positive after first series:
    [QUOTE]I had some resistance posting this on the game thread but Mallett looked like he is starting to "get it" a little bit.
    Posted by MoreRings[/QUOTE]

dont worry. i got your back.
    :)

(obviously not everyone has the same amount of football expc.
    we share our opinon. someone dont like it, they can deal with their own feelings about it [if they have any])

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: MALLET WAS better than Hoyer under pressure. he was not great. Was mostly positive after first series : dont worry. i got your back. :) (obviously not everyone has the same amount of football expc. we share our opinon. someone dont like it, they can deal with their own feelings about it [if they have any])
    Posted by bredbru[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I definetly see improvement.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: MALLET WAS better than Hoyer under pressure. he was not great. Was mostly positive after first series : Thanks, I definetly see improvement.
    Posted by MoreRings[/QUOTE]

+1

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

I'd say that Mallet looked better, especially under pressure. He made a couple of mistakes but he's new and anyones going to make mistakes with that pressure. 
    Mallet looks like more of an NFL QB, decent footwork and a big arm.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]I'd say that Mallet looked better, especially under pressure. He made a couple of mistakes but he's new and anyones going to make mistakes with that pressure.  Mallet looks like more of an NFL QB, decent footwork and a big arm.
    Posted by sporter81[/QUOTE]

agree strongly with all your points here.

biggest thing is, under pressure, hoyer looked awful, repeatedly when under pressure

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bspikes55. Show Bspikes55's posts

Mallet also was working with NO skill players if not wheras foles had the eagles starting o in. Hand him the keys to the viper known as gronk,aaron,welker,lloyd, ridley demps? and he will look pretty good IMO Hoyer is a poor mans matt cassell no one wants to start him

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from expertmike. Show expertmike's posts

Worried the Pats could not beat a quality opponent with either Hoyer or Mallett. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Mallet stank, Hoyer stank worse.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]Mallet also was working with NO skill players if not wheras foles had the eagles starting o in. Hand him the keys to the viper known as gronk,aaron,welker,lloyd, ridley demps? and he will look pretty good IMO Hoyer is a poor mans matt cassell no one wants to start him
    Posted by Bspikes55[/QUOTE]

spikes,
       "Hand him the keys to the viper known as gronk,aaron,welker,lloyd, ridley demps? and he will look pretty good IMO 

beautiful line!

Hoyer is a poor mans matt cassell no one wants to start him

not even that in my opinion.
    i see him as a 3rd stringer at this point and into the foreseeable future

peace

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

Mallett/Patriots got some early breaks w/ dumb penalties by eagles.  He looked better than Hoyer, and everything was vanilla...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

[QUOTE]Worried the Pats could not beat a quality opponent with either Hoyer or Mallett. 
    Posted by expertmike[/QUOTE]

You could say that about most NFL teams that lose it's starting QB. Last night Mallet was the better QB.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Neither got a real good chance using backups and behind a O-line that struggled but I was sure of one thing at the end.  Brady is way ahead of both.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichFan. Show MichFan's posts

Hoyer was an average QB at best playing in college.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatFanInBA2. Show PatFanInBA2's posts

Mallett looked better than Hoyer.

In fairness to both of them though, 
    a) We played without an O-line (at least it seemed that way) and 
    b) Our receivers seemed to be velcro'd to their defenders - no separation...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

I'll respectfully disagree.   As I said on the game thread, RM should have had 3 picks.  He had one and one was overturned on a penalty. 
    He never looked off his first receiver.
    Hoyer certainly has a long way to go, but he looks like understands the pro NFL more.  Both guys have a long way to go.

Here's hoping that both guys get a chance in 4th qtr blowouts this year.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from myaim45. Show myaim45's posts

Mallet can definetly take the #2 spot on the QB depth chart if Hoyer keeps playing like that. Mallet showed he can get the ball out under pressure.

Makes you realize how lucky we are to have Brady though.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kman2004. Show kman2004's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: MALLET WAS better than Hoyer under pressure. he was not great. Was mostly positive after first series : totally agree, but do you or do you not see improvement, flashes, him handling max pressure at times, and looing better than hoyer in this game
    Posted by bredbru[/QUOTE]

I definitely see improvement. I got excited a little too early, then he made several mistakes. One think I sort of don't like is he almost seems like he has that gun slinger, ala "Farve" type behavior. Where he would be too confident and try to squeeze into spots that are just too tight.

I do think he can overcome these things though. I will say, I feel better about our backup situation now. If we can really develop some of these young backs and make our O less 1 dimensional, we might still have a decent team if god forbid the 2008 situation happens again.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kman2004. Show kman2004's posts

[QUOTE]Worried the Pats could not beat a quality opponent with either Hoyer or Mallett. 

Why are you worried, this is not the Jet's and Tom is still healthy.  Or are you just a troll?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Worried? Stop worrying. They couldn't.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: MALLET WAS better than Hoyer under pressure. he was not great. Was mostly positive after first series : Why are you worried, this is not the Jet's and Tom is still healthy.  Or are you just a troll?
    Posted by kman2004[/QUOTE]

Speaking of trolls...notice JetMangione has been missing this week. Maybe his mom revoked his computer privileges.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]I'll respectfully disagree.   As I said on the game thread, RM should have had 3 picks.  He had one and one was overturned on a penalty.  He never looked off his first receiver. Hoyer certainly has a long way to go, but he looks like understands the pro NFL more.  Both guys have a long way to go. Here's hoping that both guys get a chance in 4th qtr blowouts this year.
    Posted by nyjoseph[/QUOTE]

Big difference between understanding it and playing in it, as he showed last night.