Maneri and Richard

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Maneri and Richard

Two other guys who I thought deserve mention from the game Thursday.  Maneri who was a project at tackle played reasonably well there, I thought.  I think there's a possibility he ends up being our fourth tackle after Volmer, Solder, and Light.  Darryl Richard also did okay as the nose tackle late in the game--attracting some double teams and getting a sack and a few tackles.  He's a seventh round pick from 2009 who's been on the practice squad and on IR, but the Pats actually gave him a pay raise to a rookie minimum salary in 2009, which suggests they see some potential there. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BSII. Show BSII's posts

Re: Maneri and Richard

Probably no rooom on roster for Richard.  His showing was good enough that they may not be able to keep him on practice squad.

Maneri looks good.  Very solid tackle rotation.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from siestafiesta. Show siestafiesta's posts

Maneri is converted tight end and looked the part.  Very mobile.  He was impressive pulling and getting downfield to make multiple blocks.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

I wonder if Maneri could also line up as a TE--acting as a replacement for Crumpler or replacing LeVoir in the unbalanced (three tackle) lines BB sometimes employs. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

it is interesting how many TE's/former TE's are on this roster: vollmer, solder, maneri, hernandez, gronk, yeteman, smith, etc BB does love his big mobile guys.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverSun. Show SilverSun's posts

I read that a large number of reps from other NFL teams were at the Pats-Jags game.  I am sure that players like Richard and Maneri, if eventually cut, will be picked up by other teams such as Redskins, Seattle,Buffalo with some holes to fill. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from siestafiesta. Show siestafiesta's posts

Goin back even further, Bruce Armstrong was another converted TE who became a great LT

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptFoxboro. Show CaptFoxboro's posts

If final cuts were today - I think Maneri would have a spot as BB / Scarnechia appear to be very high on him .
      Richards looked good ( but he mostly excelled near the end of the contest - when Jax trotted out the C team ) The numbers game will probably cost him a roster spot - Practice squad seems likely.
    ( He spent the entire '09 on it -then he was inj'd all of '10 - so by my count , he's got another year of PS eligibilty )