Mankins addresses the media

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking1. Show harleyroadking1's posts

Mankins addresses the media

http://www.bostonherald.com/blogs/sports/rap_sheet/?p=9745&srvc=home&position=recent

I want to hate this guy but....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

Re: Mankins addresses the media

In Response to Mankins addresses the media:
    [QUOTE]I want to hate this guy but....
    Posted by harleyroadking[/QUOTE]

same, but we've got added depth for the playoff run

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

In Response to Mankins addresses the media:
    [QUOTE]http://www.bostonherald.com/blogs/sports/rap_sheet/?p=9745&srvc=home&position=recent I want to hate this guy but....
    Posted by harleyroadking[/QUOTE]

I don't pass judgement on his actions, but I do wonder where his head is at.

Is he going to play his heart out for the remainder of the season, or is he gonna go through the rest of the season going thru the motions and protect his body in preperation for unrestricted free agency. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kebbe. Show kebbe's posts

BubbainHawaii:Good question,it comes down to which action is in his best interests,palying his heart out to show other teams that he deserves wht hhe is asking for contract-wise or protect himself from injury so his value doesn't slip precipitously.If he's smart,and I grant you some of his actions this year do not really lead one to that conclusion,he plays as hard as he can and creates no negative waves in the locker-room or on the field.Not a lot of owners fully trust a guy who personally insults the owner of the team that pays him and holds out for a salary that few teams would pay a guard,even one of the top five guards in the league.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Bubba is right. Why would anyone "hate" a player for doing what they think is best. I can (and do) question if it was actually for the best for Mankins, but I don't begrudge him.

Owners cut, trade, wave, demote, sit, and franchise whenever they can to get leverage and to attain players for as little money as they can possibly spend while maximizing the talent. 

Nobody ever calls them greedy, or they rarely do. 

Mankins was stupid, but it's his right to be stupid ....

.... and I'm glad to have him back on the squad even if he is just a sub. NE needs depth, and he is a great lockerroom guy. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SShoreLurker. Show SShoreLurker's posts

Good thing Mankins is white and doesn't have corn rows.  Otherwise we would have thousands of discussions on the treason of In Bill We Trust.  

Its ok for white player to hurt the team by holding out about a contract but god forbid a black WR speak his mind while playing.

Me thinks Boston fan has little color issue..

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SShoreLurker. Show SShoreLurker's posts

In Response to Re: Mankins addresses the media:
    [QUOTE]Bubba is right. Why would anyone "hate" a player for doing what they think is best. I can (and do) question if it was actually for the best for Mankins, but I don't begrudge him. Owners cut, trade, wave, demote, sit, and franchise whenever they can to get leverage and to attain players for as little money as they can possibly spend while maximizing the talent.  Nobody ever calls them greedy, or they rarely do.  Mankins was stupid, but it's his right to be stupid ....  .... and I'm glad to have him back on the squad even if he is just a sub. NE needs depth, and he is a great lockerroom guy. 
    Posted by zbellino[/QUOTE]

Great locker room guy?  How do you know? Are you in the locker room?  I love it when fans presume to know what a player thinks, feels and their character behind the facemask.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourjays30. Show fourjays30's posts

[QUOTE]Good thing Mankins is white and doesn't have corn rows.  Otherwise we would have thousands of discussions on the treason of In Bill We Trust.   Its ok for white player to hurt the team by holding out about a contract but god forbid a black WR speak his mind while playing. Me thinks Boston fan has little color issue..
    Posted by SShoreLurker[/QUOTE]
    SLurker you might be speaking a little truth here, but I would not  limit your theory to just Boston or sports for that matter.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

[QUOTE]Good thing Mankins is white and doesn't have corn rows.  Otherwise we would have thousands of discussions on the treason of In Bill We Trust.   Its ok for white player to hurt the team by holding out about a contract but god forbid a black WR speak his mind while playing. Me thinks Boston fan has little color issue..

I didn't pass judgement on Moss either. He chose his own path and is accountable for the result.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Personally, I've always liked Mankins. Besides, having a guard who's stubborn as a mule isn't necessarily a bad thing.  Holding your ground is kind of the job, isn't it?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Nailz. Show Nailz's posts

I'm sorry but I think it's ridiculous to bring race into this.

He's a great locker room guy because Pats are allowing him to come back.  If he wasn't they would of cut/traded his as$ like the rest of the buffons(AT, Springs, Moss...). Players and coaches are happy he's back, they all like him. If BB had just one thought that Mankins would be a distraction, he would NOT be on the team. 

Mankins was articulate in his interview and it sounds like he really wants to play football for the Pats.  He was misguided by his moron agent.  It's nice to hear he has been in NE the whole time and in contact with his teammates and coaches.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME. Show NEGAME's posts

Geez he looks skinny.

Logan Mankins

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from df2. Show df2's posts

That was one of the dumbest posts I've ever read on this forum. I'm not even going to dignify it by specifically addressing any of your "points"

What I will say is this : It is because of people like you (that try inject racism into situations where it is clearly not present) that this country has become so desensitized and skeptical towards actual racism.

The problem with racism, is that it is, more often than not, very subtle. And because of people that want to use racism as a crux, an excuse, or even just the people that are so blinded by race they can't see clearly, we tend to give people we shouldn't the benifit of doubt.

This race vigilance/paranoia is doing something the KKK couldn't do if they tried. It is seriously undermining legitimate claims of racism. It's an insult to the falsely accused and a disservice the black race that has to deal with real racism all the time. At best it's ignorant. At worst it's cowardly and destructive.

You want to live in a fantasy world where everybody loves Logan Mankins. And it's because he's white, go ahead. But you sound ridiculous.

Maybe you should go have a chat with run in the Celtics forum. I have a feeling you two would have a lot to talk about.

Furthermore, I didn't see you cite one person that had a problem with Moss (or "black reciever") that didn't have a problem with Mankins. People have been all over Mankins since the season started. But that doesn't fit your agenda, so you just ignore it.

Ridiculous.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from knightsailor. Show knightsailor's posts

In fact Mankins,

1) Insulted BB and Mr. Kraft.
    2) Turned down huge money.
    3) Got mushy and Fat.

Now, he keeps saying over and over that his teammates supported him the whole time (as if too say that they agree with his idiocy).  He has not been apologetic in any way for any of it.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mankins addresses the media : Great locker room guy?  How do you know? Are you in the locker room?  I love it when fans presume to know what a player thinks, feels and their character behind the facemask.

By all accounts -- and by that I mean every guy that covers the Pats for a living -- reports that Mankins is well respected and well liked by his teammates.  Just what is your issue with the opinions of other people that you have to elevate yours above them as if yours is superior?

There are certain things that are taken for granted around here.  When certain posters with credibility and staying power say things about players, it is assumed that their opinions are formed by what we've read and heard about certain players.  For ZBellino to say that Mankins is well respected is common knowledge to many fans who are long time fans and who trust that guys like Mike Reiss, Tedy Bruschi and Rodney Harrison know a little bit about that Pats locker room. 

You, on the other hand, crap all over anyone's opinion when you feel like they're talking out of school without really ever bringing any knowledge to the table.  What is it with your holier-than-thou attitude?   

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

"Methinks" race has nothing to do with it.  If the conclusion you're drawing is that Moss got flak for his comments just because he's black, I didn't see Mankins hijacking a post game press conference after a win saying that he was underpaid and underappreciated.  Mankins was lambasted when he made some of his "liar" comments, so the ire was directed accordingly regardless of race.  And when Wilfork said he was undepaid, mostly everyone agreed with him because he was a professional throughout the whole process.  So your theory has been debunked.     

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

I compared the perception of Moss to that of Mankins in another thread, but I did not bring up the color aspect.  But it does merit consideration. 

I'd like to think it has more to do with Moss having a history of controversy.  Just the same, I think that Mankins falsely calling Kraft a liar in public was much worse than anything Moss did to the Pats. Moss has been very complimentary to the Pats since the trade.  Will Mankins be as publicly pleasant when he leaves next year?  I don't like some of the things Mankins said in his recent press conference, that's for certain. He can't resist stirring the pot, out of vanity, when he was the unjust party in the negotiations.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

[QUOTE]I'm sorry but I think it's ridiculous to bring race into this. He's a great locker room guy because Pats are allowing him to come back.  If he wasn't they would of cut/traded his as$ like the rest of the buffons(AT, Springs, Moss...). Players and coaches are happy he's back, they all like him.  If BB had just one thought that Mankins would be a distraction, he would NOT be on the team.  Mankins was articulate in his interview and it sounds like he really wants to play football for the Pats.  He was misguided by his moron agent.  It's nice to hear he has been in NE the whole time and in contact with his teammates and coaches.
    Posted by Nailz[/QUOTE]

They couldn't trade him because he was not under contract and would not sign the tender before the trade deadline, right?

BB has to think about other player's perceptions. If he refused Mankins' return, it might be received poorly in the locker room.

As for cutting him, that seems like the Pats would be harming themselves to harm him.  Would also send the wrong message. They are too smart for that.

I don't think we will really know what the Pats think of him until next season.  If they low-ball him because they don't really want him, or make no offer at all, we'll know the Pats had had their share of Mankins antics.  If they bring him back with a decent contract, then we'll know they think he is still a good teammate.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from knightsailor. Show knightsailor's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mankins addresses the media : By all accounts -- and by that I mean every guy that covers the Pats for a living -- reports that Mankins is well respected and well liked by his teammates.  Just what is your issue with the opinions of other people that you have to elevate yours above them as if yours is superior? There are certain things that are taken for granted around here.  When certain posters with credibility and staying power say things about players, it is assumed that their opinions are formed by what we've read and heard about certain players.  For ZBellino to say that Mankins is well respected is common knowledge to many fans who are long time fans and who trust that guys like Mike Reiss, Tedy Bruschi and Rodney Harrison know a little bit about that Pats locker room.  You, on the other hand, crap all over anyone's opinion when you feel like they're talking out of school without really ever bringing any knowledge to the table.  What is it with your holier-than-thou attitude?   
    Posted by CablesWyndBairn[/QUOTE]

By all accounts Moss is well respected too, but I think a few of us know the truth.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mankins addresses the media : By all accounts Moss is well respected too, but I think a few of us know the truth.
    Posted by knightsailor[/QUOTE]

Was there something on TMZ about Moss? Don't tell me you don't like his hair either.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mankins addresses the media : "Methinks" race has nothing to do with it.  If the conclusion you're drawing is that Moss got flak for his comments just because he's black, I didn't see Mankins hijacking a post game press conference after a win saying that he was underpaid and underappreciated.  Mankins was lambasted when he made some of his "liar" comments, so the ire was directed accordingly regardless of race.  And when Wilfork said he was undepaid, mostly everyone agreed with him because he was a professional throughout the whole process.  So your theory has been debunked.     
    Posted by CablesWyndBairn[/QUOTE]

He's always trying to defend the poor downtrodden black NFL player. This guys sees race issues everywhere. In fact he can't honestly name a single instance where a Pats player was treated differently because of race so he makes stuff up.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mankins addresses the media : By all accounts Moss is well respected too, but I think a few of us know the truth.
    Posted by knightsailor[/QUOTE]

I think both players are respected by their peers and there are differences in their gripes.  In Moss' case, I think his media circus probably lost him some sympathy and it's not like he hadn't ever received a big contract.  With Mankins, I'd bet guys really understand that a technicality in the CBA precluded him from being a FA and cashing in on five years worth of hard work.