Mankins almost signed

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Mankins almost signed

Adam Schefter just reported on ESPN that Logan Mankins and his agent were in Foxboro to hammer out a deal. Mankins was asked to apologize to Kraft and he did. Mankins was then asked to make a public apology and he got mad and left.

Stay tuned.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Moss07. Show Brady2Moss07's posts

Re: Mankins almost signed

The Patriots are idiots if this is true.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsFanGermany. Show PatsFanGermany's posts

That's sad.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from algreen75. Show algreen75's posts

I bet it was Jonathan that requested the public apology.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from thehub. Show thehub's posts

Try and offend your boss and see how it works out for you. Kraft has done this franchise well and I am with him on this issue.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from algreen75. Show algreen75's posts

Did you read the report?  From my understanding Kraft and Mankins resolved the issue privately.  After that, someone in organization demanded Mankins pander to the public, begging for forgiveness, when noone I know gave two s!!ts.  The public apology seems like it came from someone else other than Kraft.  Maybe I'm wrong, but that's my take.  I wouldn't publicly apologize either.     

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macrawn. Show Macrawn's posts

I don't know if you guys noticed but the trash that lands on the Patriots doesn't last very long. You open your mouth too much like AT you hit the road. 

Mankins has the choice. He can man up and apologize for being an idiot and a liar or hit the road. I don't think Kraft is asking a heck of a lot.

Funny how some of you blame Kraft for insisting on this point, but you forget that it's the way Kraft has run this organization that has made it a winner. He's run it with class. 

You can't have guys running their mouths on your team whining and expect to win anyway. And there's a little something else that goes along with it, the next guy will think twice before shooting his mouth. That doesn't include children like Randy Moss though, he'll continue to do so I'm sure. 

Hmm, are you starting to understand why teams like the Bengals who sign these guys and let them mouth off can't hold the team together past the first half of the season? The Pats sign these guys too but they either learn to shut it or they take the first door stage left. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macrawn. Show Macrawn's posts

In Response to Re: Mankins almost signed:
    [QUOTE]Did you read the report?  From my understanding Kraft and Mankins resolved the issue privately.  After that, someone in organization demanded Mankins pander to the public, begging for forgiveness, when noone I know gave two s!!ts.  The public apology seems like it came from someone else other than Kraft.  Maybe I'm wrong, but that's my take.  I wouldn't publicly apologize either.     
    Posted by algreen75[/QUOTE]

Blah blah. He doesn't have to beg for forgiveness, he just has to say he was wrong in his comments. Something simple like I apologize for my comments about Mr. Kraft earlier this year, they were out of line. We worked hard to come to an agreement and I'm ready to join the Patriots. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macrawn. Show Macrawn's posts

You know why the Brady deal got done? Mankins's money got rolled into Brady's deal.

We should thank Mankins because he just made Brady a very happy man. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Spetznaz24. Show Spetznaz24's posts

The stupidity on the part of the organization is incredible. Their own stubborness will cost the Pats big time. He apologized and wanted to sign a deal, what more do you want? Humiliate him even more by demanding a public apology? It is simply mind boggling.  He gives us the best chance to win and the organization is willing to cost us a few games because they are just idiots?  If Brady gets hurt because Mankins' 3rd stringer replacement couldnt protect him,  who will be responsible for that?  He is a pro bowl player and hasnt missed a game in 5 years but someone in the organization is willing to take a risk and prove their own stupidity and immaturity.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

The man (Mankins) is letting his pride get the better of him.  A simple apology to the owner and the team for coming out publicly on his contract situation, take the money and move on.  Simple. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

[QUOTE]

A "public" apology could be done on Twitter, for crying out loud.  Mankins needs to man up and atone for his stupidity.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoPinkHatPatsFans. Show NoPinkHatPatsFans's posts

The stupidity of this team's fans is what is incredible.

Mankins lives in a bizarro world.  Who publicly blasts and owner and then expects to not make amends in the same vein?

Hello?

Some of you have never once negotiated a business deal or do not work in the real world.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from donspartucus. Show donspartucus's posts

In Response to Mankins almost signed:
    [QUOTE]Adam Schefter just reported on ESPN that Logan Mankins and his agent were in Foxboro to hammer out a deal. Mankins was asked to apologize to Kraft and he did. Mankins was then asked to make a public apology and he got mad and left. Stay tuned.
    Posted by digger0862[/QUOTE]

If I were Mankins I wouldn't apologize at all, how's that!  Aplogize for what, telling it like it is.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

If this report is correct, Kraft is the one to blame.  Why does he need a public apology?  What does he gain from that?  Is what he might get from a personal apology more important than having Mankins on the field?

I was on the Pats' side of this situation before, but if this is true I am with Mankins.  Frankly, this reminds of the type of BS that used to happen with the Sullivans.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from murghkhor. Show murghkhor's posts

[QUOTE]If this report is correct, Kraft is the one to blame.  Why does he need a public apology?  What does he gain from that?  Is what he might get from a personal apology more important than having Mankins on the field? I was on the Pats' side of this situation before, but if this is true I am with Mankins.  Frankly, this reminds of the type of BS that used to happen with the Sullivans.
    Posted by Muzwell[/QUOTE]

This is retarded.

The insult was made in public. So should the apology. It's common frickin sense.

You insult someone in front of everyone, then go apologize in private, do you think it's ok? 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mankins almost signed : This is retarded. The insult was made in public. So should the apology. It's common frickin sense. You insult someone in front of everyone, then go apologize in private, do you think it's ok? 
    Posted by murghkhor[/QUOTE]

Everybody seems to be saying a variation of this, i.e., he said what he said "in public" so his apology needs to be public. 

Nobody (that I've seen) has ventured to say why it's so important to Kraft.  Is it ego?  Feelings?  Seriously, I don't get it from his side.  What if this was Brady?  Would you still be on Kraft's side, willing to let him sit out over hurt feelings? 

Players say stupid stuff all the time.  I can't recall a situation like this, other than as I mentioned, some of the dumb stuff Patrick Sullivan used to pull.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from murghkhor. Show murghkhor's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mankins almost signed : Nobody (that I've seen) has ventured to say why it's so important to Kraft.  Is it ego?  Feelings?  Seriously, I don't get it from his side.  Posted by Muzwell[/QUOTE]

And also nobody seems to be saying why it was so important to Mankins to not apologize. Is it ego? Feeling? Seriously, I don't get it from his side.

Stop defending him. Your argument is, "Yeah Mankins is being childish, but Kraft should be the adult here and forgive Mankins for his behaviour". And you're basically critisizing Kraft for not being the bigger man here.

Well, Mankins is not a child. He's an adult and should take responsibility for his actions.