Mankins Return

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Re: Mankins Return

I don't even think he's willing to show up then. He does have to show up to accumulate that last year but it seems to me that he's willing to take that gamble, thinking the rules may change to favor him.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

In Response to Re: Mankins Return:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mankins Return : AP made a good point.  The rules may revert back to 4 years... who knows, though.  I cannot imagine that he would take that chance to be in the same situation next year.  I would think worst case scenario for him, he shows up, becomes a FA and is franchised.  I don't see the Pats doing that though.
    Posted by PhatRex[/QUOTE]

I would think they would do that if thats the only option. Sign and trade like Cassel. I can't imagine them letting him walk and getting nothing in return.

Even if it wasn't optimal value, better than nothing.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

[QUOTE]The way I am I would franchise him and then bench him. But I am bitter like that, you hold out...f*ck you. Thats the way I see it lol I benched my best player on D last season cause he was a punk and skipped practice and thought he would still get to play. We were not as good with out him but f*ck him.
    Posted by MVPkilla4life[/QUOTE]

+1

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

I don't know if they'd slap the tag on him. I suppose if Bill thought there was some interest in a trade he might. Don't forget Randy Moss is a FA next year, so they may use the tag on him. Whoever they think will bring the best compensationis my guess. Mankins won't sit out the whole season, that would be crazy on his part. He'll show up week 10, but who knows if Bill will play him. If they're doing fine without him he might just let Mankins ride the pine. And you never know, remember Branch was traded right before week one. I'm not too worried about Mankins. I'm hoping Revis sits out, though!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

[QUOTE]The way I am I would franchise him and then bench him. But I am bitter like that, you hold out...f*ck you. Thats the way I see it lol I benched my best player on D last season cause he was a punk and skipped practice and thought he would still get to play. We were not as good with out him but f*ck him.

absolutely right. mankins is not a Patriot anymore as far as I'm concerned

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

The problem with Mankins is the Pats expect him to take the tender, THEN the new contract.

He has a point. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

[QUOTE]The problem with Mankins is the Pats expect him to take the tender, THEN the new contract. He has a point. 
    Posted by croc[/QUOTE]

he passed on the tender so he only gets about 1.5 mil

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

If Mankins returns I doubt he gets his job back.  I'm rather high on Connolly.  Mankins missed pre season and some football conditioning so I don't think he would be ready to play when he came back anyway.  If the injury bug continues around here he would be welcomed back however.  Funny in a way. 

What I do expect is the scenario to play out.  How Mankins and his agent ever thought that he was going to come out ahead on this is beyond me.  Someone made a serious mistake.  But it could come down to that Mankins truly believes that he was lied to and that he is going to stick to his principles no matter what.  This is what I see as really going on.  Businesswise it's a poor decision but that goes out the door when you feel you've been cheated imagined or not.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Just saw on TV...

Jonathan Kraft said neither he or his father Robert has ever talked to Logan about his contract.

Mankins made it personal by bashing the organization while the Krafts never even talked with him about it.

Mankins has some mending to do before he's allowed back in Foxboro.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

Why SHOULD Mankins accept the tender AT ALL, why should he not play THIS YEAR with the new contract?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

[QUOTE] Mankins has some mending to do before he's allowed back in Foxboro.
    Posted by digger0862[/QUOTE]

a whole of mending

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

Not really he was lied to.  If the Pats want him they can skip the tender BS, and start with the new contract....which is the genesis of this mess.  The Pats dicking with him.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from rickrand3. Show rickrand3's posts

Agree 100% !!!! Franchise his a** next year!!! He probably would have gotten an extention this year if the dink had shown up to camp!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Awesome

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from WelkerRules. Show WelkerRules's posts

did I see someone posted something about j. seau?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverSun. Show SilverSun's posts

PAY THE MAN MANKINS AND PLAY HIM!!!