Manning and Brady

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from beastplant. Show beastplant's posts

Manning and Brady

As the decade closes, i thought it might be interesting to compare the two qb's who are on their own level in their generation, the classic duality continues....

Tom Brady; 4 super bowl appearances, 3 victories, 2 SB MVP's, 1 reg season MVP; set record for td's in a season (50), led only 16-0 regular season in league history, led 21 game win streak from 03-04 (longest in history), 201 td's-88 int; 14-3 playoff record, 27,575 yds passing; 90-25 reg season record; 92.5 career rating; 4 pro bowls, 1 all pro; He is the only quarterback in NFL history to lead game-winning drives in the fourth quarters of three Super Bowls, and should have had a fourth.

Peyton Manning; 1 super bowl appearance, 1 victory, 1 SB MVP, 3 reg season MVP; set record for td's in season (49, broken by brady), 7 stright seasons with 10 or more wins (since 02); 46,964 yds passing, 342 tds-168 int; 7-8 playoff record; 121-59 reg season record; 95.2 career rating; 9 pro bowls, 4 all pro.

decide for yourselves....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MaritimePatsFan. Show MaritimePatsFan's posts

Re: Manning and Brady

In Response to Manning and Brady:
    [QUOTE]As the decade closes, i thought it might be interesting to compare the two qb's who are on their own level in their generation, the classic duality continues....   Tom Brady; 4 super bowl appearances, 3 victories, 2 SB MVP's, 1 reg season MVP; set record for td's in a season (50), led only 16-0 regular season in league history, led 21 game win streak from 03-04 (longest in history), 201 td's-88 int; 14-3 playoff record, 27,575 yds passing; 90-25 reg season record; 92.5 career rating; 4 pro bowls, 1 all pro; He is the only quarterback in NFL history to lead game-winning drives in the fourth quarters of three Super Bowls, and should have had a fourth.   Peyton Manning; 1 super bowl appearance, 1 victory, 1 SB MVP, 3 reg season MVP; set record for td's in season (49, broken by brady), 7 stright seasons with 10 or more wins (since 02); 46,964 yds passing, 342 tds-168 int; 7-8 playoff record; 121-59 reg season record; 95.2 career rating; 9 pro bowls, 4 all pro. decide for yourselves....
    Posted by beastplant[/QUOTE]

I think it depends on how you are asking this question. I think Peyton has had better stats and has been a better pure passer than Brady. I think Peyton has had a better decade for individual stats. Having said that you ask Peyton if he would give them all up for 2 more rings and he would probably say yes. So I will go with Tom on having the better decade. If you disagree with me and say the rings don't beat the stats Manning has put up it only ties it, then I leave you with two words. Gisele Bundchen.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPKilla2009. Show MVPKilla2009's posts

Peyton Mannign has great regular season stats but in playoff record is what drags him down. He is not even 8-8 in teh playoffs. I would rather have the 2 super bowl MVPs then the 3 regular season MVPs Manning has anyday. Manning a great QB but Tom Brady is on his own level (when he was healthy) and the numbers really do tell the story.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from auchhhhhhhhhhh. Show auchhhhhhhhhhh's posts

For me it´s a no brainer... Championships means everything in this league and in any league.

Peyton its a really special player, as you said a pure passer, HOF even if he decided to retire today. In the other hand brady has the rings and lately is starting to put some stats just to make the resume nicer, another sure HOF.

I think the stats are for the fans, the only think player care is to win now, not tomorrow or yesterday... now.