Manning doesn't shake Brees' hand to congratulate him

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rick8795. Show Rick8795's posts

Manning doesn't shake Brees' hand to congratulate him

Sore loser runs off field after the loss. He says he will call Brees "later", and uses the: its their moment excuse to ignore a MATURE tradition.

Man get a case of cheese to go with that one...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 81pats12. Show 81pats12's posts

Re: Manning doesn't shake Brees' hand to congratulate him

be sure to check out the globe's spin on it... the globe's a regular PEYTON MANNING PUBLIC RELATIONS REPRESENTATIVE

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrtm70. Show mrtm70's posts

This IS the one thing I WILL give Manning a pass on....WHY?

BB did the same thing after the loss to the Giants in the SB in AZ...gave the same reasoning too...to let the other team enjoy the victory of the SB.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

mrtm70, those two cases are completely different.  When BB did it he was allowed to because frankly, he's BB.  Peyton however, is not BB and does not get a free pass.  Peyton's actions were inexcusable lol.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

Actually, BB did go shake Coughlin's hand. They both thought (as did everyone else) the game was over, but there was one second on the clock. BB didn't go back after the kneeldown to let them celebrate.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

Manning will get a pass as usual. I'm waiting for all the pundits to call the Saints coach out for 'arrogant' play calling like they do with BB. No balls no blue chips is the way to win.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

Leave it to pats fans to find this little nugget and play it as if a Patriot would never do such a thing. 

Manning and Brees are friends.  The Manning elders helped Brees and his wife find their home in NO.  Cooper and Brees are neighbors. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

MAYBE HAD THE SAME ARRANGEMENT AS MACDANIELS AND BILL B. WHEN THEY MET EARLY IN THE SEASON. HOW DOES ANYONE KNOW?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from flasox. Show flasox's posts

I guess it didn't matter that Belichick and Coughlin were friends and colleagues on Parcells staff for years when they criticized him. I am just waiting for the teabag king to throw someone under the bus.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

I agree I give the pass to Manning on this because most losing QB's Coaches etc dont do that after the superbowl so as to not intrude on their moment in the spotlight. 
    Manning is still a Jerk and crybaby. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Parish-sez. Show Parish-sez's posts

Class act!

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

"This IS the one thing I WILL give Manning a pass on....WHY?
    BB did the same thing after the loss to the Giants in the SB in AZ...gave the same reasoning too...to let the other team enjoy the victory of the SB
    ."

~I agree, They BOTH get a pass...  BUT, The issue at hand is the media double-standard, which evil and koot make note of.  When Bill Belichick didn't show the meaningless arbitrary decorum to shake a guy's hand, It WAS intentional and It was a matter of neccessary sportsmanship and so It was rudely arrogant.  I saw multiple stories about it afterwards, and I as a Patriot Fan, Heard about for months afterwards... 

YET, so far When Peyton Manning does the exact same thing, It is by and large a non-media issue, And at best, A Media Issue that isn't a fraction as large...carrying with it NONE in the degrees of negative conotations and insinuations Belichick's non-handshake did.  So, This double-standard doesn't get a free pass... 

~BUT, since ya can't blame the media urchins, because it's tough to blame a soulless, faceless mass entity...hating on Manning will just simply have to do (which is why Manning s^cks, I hate him, and we should all slander him from now unil the end of time...and his brother). 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

Apparently not case closed Enci - Otherwise you would have ended that sentence with a period or, if you were Bradleybliss, 13 exclamation points.

I am happy for you.  Not because of the Saints win, but for you, the colts loss.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from DDMoir. Show DDMoir's posts

What a shame Payton couldn't find the time to congratulate Drew and the Saints!  Considering the  Manning family's attachment to New Orleans, and the wider, mythic story of New Orleans coming back from the brink and the Saints as the underdog, it really shows up Payton to be a narrow-minded, self-pitying, selfish little jerk.   Poor baby, you lost!  If Payton was truely great individual and sportsman, he would have strode up to Mr. Brees, looked him straight in the  eye and communicated "That was a great game of football!  I am honored to be have been part of that.  We both fought well, and you won.  Good for you, good for New Orleans.  You and your team fought honorably for your city, and the glory of football.  I hope we can have a rematch, and see what happens next time!  But today was all your day.  Well done!"

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jedinate. Show jedinate's posts

C'mon, as Pats' fans we have no right to dis anyone about hand shakes. I love the guy, but our coach is the sorest loser in all of sports. I give Peyton a pass on this one.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

jed,

It isn't dissing him. It is calling him on it. If it isn't OK for BB, it isn't OK for Manning. If the press goes after BB for it, they should do the same thing with Manning. 

If Manning had won, would he have sought out Brees to give him a condolence handshake? Likely. Didn't he and Grossman shake hands after the Colts SB win? Does Grossman have more class than "Tears" Manning.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

One little thing I may have missed...Did Manning man up in the post game interviews and take his share of blame for the loss?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

Evil, I believe he did. I didn't watch it, but I read about it. So the excerpts indicate he took responsibility for his pick 6 and he gave the Saints due credit.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman2. Show Patsman2's posts

Give it a rest guys.  Just because he didnt shake their hands on the field doesnt mean he didnt congradulate them after the game.  You know they can do that in the locker rooms as well not just on the field.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ShiningWizard. Show ShiningWizard's posts

In all fairness, Manning is getting better at accepting defeat.  At least this time he didn't throw any of his teamates or coaches under the bus.  He's learning from his mistakes. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Maximus1. Show Maximus1's posts

You guys haven't done anything in 5 years. You have no dog in this fight. Why do you continue to talk about the Colts. You are acting like a bunch of 3rd graders.  You have enough issues to worry about. Good grief. Childish... (Which might be a reflection on how your city or team is, I dont know.)

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

Give it a rest guys.  Just because he didnt shake their hands on the field doesnt mean he didnt congradulate them after the game.  You know they can do that in the locker rooms as well not just on the field.

No. You are supposed to shake their hand on the field. This isn't "let me have a moment to compose myself" time.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman2. Show Patsman2's posts

EnochRoot:

If your SUPPOSED to shake their hands on the field then everyone who has taken BB to task for not doing it was/is justified then.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from sday4x45. Show sday4x45's posts

and in the same sense.........all on this board calling Manning out on it are justified